Yes or No. Is the universe 12,000 years old? Dont hide behind your bible. No but (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:51:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Yes or No. Is the universe 12,000 years old? Dont hide behind your bible. No but (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is the universe 12,000 years old?
Yes (d)

No (d)

Yes (r)

No (r)

Yes (i)

No (i)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Yes or No. Is the universe 12,000 years old? Dont hide behind your bible. No but  (Read 28657 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: February 10, 2006, 06:05:26 PM »

I am only told not to be like the following: the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

'And i'll get your little dog too!' Wink

I was quoting verbatim from scripture.  Yet I didn't place it in quotes in order to gauge the reaction of those unfamiliar with scripture.

How foolish of you to mock the word of Jesus Christ:

Rev 21:6-8 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

The "Catholic" AFleitch pwn3d again.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 10:46:06 AM »

NLM,

It would appear that JMF actually has more of an open mind then yourself. He believes and is willing to believe in supernatural forces that cannot be seen by any human eye. He believes in spiritual forces beyond what can be explained by science. To me, a person who believes that way is the one that actually has an open mind because he's keeping his mind open to the possibility of such things existing.

You on the other hand are the one that's truly close minded. You don't not believe in any spiritual force (God, angels, demons, etc) unless science can provide you with proven logic and facts. I think you need to re-evaluate who you are calling closed and open minded.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 03:52:05 PM »

Why would I attempt to win her over by telling her that God sent me to tell her that she and her family, and all her friends were deceived? 

That is why you really disturb me.

What is so "disturbing" about that?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 04:00:19 PM »

Why would I attempt to win her over by telling her that God sent me to tell her that she and her family, and all her friends were deceived? 

That is why you really disturb me.

What is so "disturbing" about that?

He believes he is a prophet. It's the ultimate in self-centred righteousness Smiley

Where did he ever claim that? Stop misrepresenting him. Many many good people believe that good inspires them in some way or another, towards a specific vocation or particular person to be their spouse. It's not uncommon for many folks. You just don't want to believe it's real.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies