2020 Protests megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:29:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2020 Protests megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 60
Author Topic: 2020 Protests megathread  (Read 64115 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2020, 03:52:28 PM »

The only "outside agitators" are white supremacists and instigator cops.
Miss me with that Antifa BS
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2020, 04:33:52 PM »

What a queen!

The mayor of Atlanta goes off on TV, full-on yelling into the camera at the rioters and looters while supporting the peaceful protestors.

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2020, 05:01:11 PM »

Recent NFL 1st overall pick and overall badass Joe Burrow said this about the protests, "They have been unheard for far too long," Burrow, the Heisman Trophy winner and No. 1 overall draft pick, said Friday on Twitter. "Open your ears, listen, and speak. This isn't politics. This is human rights."

I didn't know I could like him more than I already did.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2020, 05:01:54 PM »

What a queen!

The mayor of Atlanta goes off on TV, full-on yelling into the camera at the rioters and looters while supporting the peaceful protestors.

How completely useless. More time scolding people for property destruction than instructing the police to stop instigating violence. These mayors aren't on the sidelines, they are in positions of power and should be held just as accountable to the deaths as the police.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2020, 05:04:36 PM »

Okay, so there seem to be two assertions being made right now

1. The rioting is a justified response to Floyd's killing and is an effective way to "get people's attention" since peaceful demonstrations haven't worked.

2. The rioting is being initiated by white supremacist agitators.

So what a lot of people on the left are saying is that white supremacist agitators are trying to goad civil rights protesters into using a justified and effective strategy. Also, the defenses of the rioting occurred before any of these conspiracy theories started, so if you defended it you just support rioting and it shouldn't matter who started it.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2020, 05:08:36 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2020, 05:13:06 PM by lfromnj »

Bullsh*t , there have been possible claims of cops but name one actual white supremacist arrested !
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2020, 05:11:15 PM »

Recent NFL 1st overall pick and overall badass Joe Burrow said this about the protests, "They have been unheard for far too long," Burrow, the Heisman Trophy winner and No. 1 overall draft pick, said Friday on Twitter. "Open your ears, listen, and speak. This isn't politics. This is human rights."

I didn't know I could like him more than I already did.

True, but he is probably off the Dallas Cowboys' list as a potential free agent down the line. The Jones' family is pretty conservative on issues and may not want that distraction.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2020, 05:14:14 PM »

What a queen!

Amazing stuff.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2020, 05:15:32 PM »

What a queen!

How completely useless. More time scolding people for property destruction than instructing the police to stop instigating violence. These mayors aren't on the sidelines, they are in positions of power and should be held just as accountable to the deaths as the police.
You know that cameras don't follow her around 24/7, right? You have no idea, ZERO, how much time and energy she's spent talking to police about not instigating violence. You are talking out of your @$$. George Floyd wasn't killed in Atlanta by an Atlanta cop, so the mayor of Atlanta is in no way accountable for what happened in Minneapolis.

Is it difficult to make a post that is utterly wrong on every single level like that? It looks like it'd be a lot of work.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »

Bullsh*t , there have been possible claims of cops but name one actual white supremacist arrested !

https://www.courthousenews.com/minnesota-officials-link-arrested-looters-to-white-supremacist-groups/

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkyb9b/far-right-extremists-are-hoping-to-turn-the-george-floyd-protests-into-a-new-civil-war

Are you also implying that there are no white supremacists within the police depts?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2020, 05:17:48 PM »

The leadership in Atlanta, the mayor and, yes, the PD chief, has showed maturity unmatched by anyone else right now. Even those handling it competently.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2020, 05:18:13 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2020, 05:23:13 PM by lfromnj »

https://www.courthousenews.com/minnesota-officials-link-arrested-looters-to-white-supremacist-groups/

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkyb9b/far-right-extremists-are-hoping-to-turn-the-george-floyd-protests-into-a-new-civil-war

Are you also implying that there are no white supremacists within the police depts?
The 1st article as I said was a lie by the officials just like they lied out of state.
Those far right groups mentioned aren't white supremacists. They are genuine temporary ancap allies. They are basically a little bit more whack hillgoose . Look at the video of those 2 defending the tobacco store.  That article was bs. They literally shared an anarchist meme page .
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2020, 05:20:56 PM »

Taxes should automatically go up in major cities where there is mass violence.

Burning down your own city is ing dumb. Fighting cops because of a few bad apples is ing dumb.  Using a tragedy as an excuse to loot from your fellow man is down right disgusting.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2020, 05:21:36 PM »

I am disappointed and annoyed to learn it is spreading to Dallas, my home metropolitan area. I was mistaken to think it hasn't reach Dallas. It has. Parts of Deep Ellum were trashed. Those who take the opportunity we have right now not to demonstrate for good causes but rather to loot and burn are nothing short of thugs.

Mad respect to you Mr. Mayor!
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2020, 05:28:38 PM »

What a queen!

You know that cameras don't follow her around 24/7, right? You have no idea, ZERO, how much time and energy she's spent talking to police about not instigating violence. You are talking out of your @$$. George Floyd wasn't killed in Atlanta by an Atlanta cop, so the mayor of Atlanta is in no way accountable for what happened in Minneapolis.

Is it difficult to make a post that is utterly wrong on every single level like that? It looks like it'd be a lot of work.

Oscar Cain
Jimmy Atchison
D’ettrick Griffin

This issue is not limited to Minneapolis.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2020, 05:29:45 PM »

I am devastated and can now somewhat sympathize with BRTD. Cars are burning in the steet at the base of my home. The beautiful statue of Frank Rizzo that I pass and wave to every day is on fire. Thankful I have pictures with it while it was intact. These anarchist thugs are stealing my home from me. I don't even know if I should return home to protect it or if I should fear losing my transport that gets me there. These people deserve to be put to death.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2020, 05:34:10 PM »

We cannot let our cities become the playthings of radical hoodlums. Order must be restored.
I'm so glad the national guard is in the field right now.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2020, 05:34:28 PM »

Denver enacts 8 p.m. curfew, National Guard called in as city responds to violent George Floyd protests
“Once 8 p.m. hits, our message is very simple: Go home,” Hancock said in a Saturday afternoon news conference as the third day of protests unfolded nearby. Behind him, wooden boards stood in front of broken windows across the bottom of Denver’s city and county building, the result of protests that devolved into riots with tear gas, rubber bullets and widespread vandalism.

Hancock said he spent all night and this morning speaking with mayors from cities around the country about how to deal with the protests over Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police, which has reignited tensions regarding police use of force in minority communities. Denver City Attorney Kristin Bronson said the curfew was Denver’s first in recent memory.

The mayor called the steps a last resort but ones he felt he had no choice but to invoke.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2020, 05:35:49 PM »

Here in Florida, a driver hit protesters with his truck

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Vehicle-drives-into-crowd-of-protesters-in-Tallahassee-570894441.html
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2020, 05:36:01 PM »

What a queen!

Oscar Cain
Jimmy Atchison
D’ettrick Griffin

This issue is not limited to Minneapolis.
Those were very unfortunate deaths. A mayor doesn't have unlimited power in these situations. Whether ir not the offending officer is arrested, charged and sentenced comes down to policr department and a local judge. You aren't privy to the private convos she has had with her police cheif(s). Now, if you want to say that she should fire her police cheif because of these deaths, I can accept that argument. If you want to say that she needs to virtue signal to the public and media more, I might agree to that.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2020, 05:36:44 PM »

The second it becomes violent, is the second that it becomes hooliganism. Those causing destruction are just doing so for the sake of it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2020, 05:42:04 PM »

What a queen!

Thank you for posting this.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2020, 05:50:47 PM »

And now my home has been set on fire. This is unacceptable.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2020, 05:55:24 PM »

There seems to be a trend of “cars as a weapon” type incidents in the state. I’m not even trying to pull a WHATABOUTISM, I’m literally just noting this is a worrying simple way to inflict mass violence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/02/11/man-driven-by-dislike-of-president-trump-in-gop-tent-attack-report-shows/%3foutputType=amp
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2020, 06:06:40 PM »

And now my home has been set on fire. This is unacceptable.
Well sprouts atleast the revolution against the bourgiouse  or the acceleration against leftism will happen
Just had to give up your house.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 60  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies