Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:39:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Announcement  (Read 8915 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2009, 11:21:08 PM »

I will also, be helping HappyWarrior in whatever he needs to stop this ticket from being elected. HW, just tell me what to do Smiley

Well, despite my friendship with you I am afraid that I will be contracting any vote I may have cast in support of you for office.

Listen, I had nothing to do with any back door deal. Xahar offered the position to me, and I accepted as we are good friends. When I accepted, I didn't know that the ARC was voting with us. I only knew that the DA knew of his candidacy and supported it. Either way, I support our ticket.

Like I told you before Nik, it has nothing to do with you, it has to do with Xahar.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2009, 11:23:15 PM »

Secrets, deals, private conversations and scandals. And it doesn't have a thing to do with the RPP. I must say I am happy about that, at least.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2009, 11:23:43 PM »

I will also, be helping HappyWarrior in whatever he needs to stop this ticket from being elected. HW, just tell me what to do Smiley

Well, despite my friendship with you I am afraid that I will be contracting any vote I may have cast in support of you for office.

Listen, I had nothing to do with any back door deal. Xahar offered the position to me, and I accepted as we are good friends. When I accepted, I didn't know that the ARC was voting with us. I only knew that the DA knew of his candidacy and supported it. Either way, I support our ticket.

There is concrete evidence that this is not true. Let's cut the crap and be honest, at least?

It was previously discussed, but I was not a part of that converstation.

This is a lie as well. C'mon, honesty above all else.

This is not worth the time or energy to prove. Those involved know who they are. This whole event doesn't actually matter for the general direction of the game. But hey, it added a splash of excitement for once.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2009, 11:23:53 PM »

Like I told you before Nik, it has nothing to do with you, it has to do with Xahar.

Not voting for the ticket is one thing; Leading the opposition is another. I may reconsider, as I might have taken things the wrong way.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2009, 11:25:25 PM »

There is concrete evidence that this is not true. Let's cut the crap and be honest, at least?

It was previously discussed, but I was not a part of that converstation.

This is a lie as well. C'mon, honesty above all else.

This is not worth the time or energy to prove. Those involved know who they are. This whole event doesn't actually matter for the general direction of the game. But hey, it added a splash of excitement for once.

I am telling the truth. Xahar first told me about it through PMs. I was invited to the conversation, but I was with my family and couldn't join. Ask any member of the AIM conversation that took place. I wasn't there and didn't plan it. Xahar offered it to me via PMs.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2009, 11:26:26 PM »

Not voting for the ticket is one thing; Leading the opposition is another. I may reconsider, as I might have taken things the wrong way.

I'm not leading, i'm helping, because I don't want to see Xahar in office.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2009, 11:27:36 PM »

I see. If that is your reason, I may still be able to support you.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2009, 11:30:41 PM »

Why?
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2009, 11:33:12 PM »

Why?

Because he is a liberal, and I am not, plus of his passed actions that he did.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2009, 11:37:19 PM »

There's more to it than these stupid twentieth-century ideological divisions.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2009, 11:42:01 PM »

Hmm, no... I vote on issues not party... Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2009, 11:42:26 PM »

PM conversation:

I'd be open to the idea, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't want to betray my new party. Thanks for the offer, though.

I've talked to senior DA members already. Smiley

And they would support you? That removes a roadblock, if you choose to run.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »

It has nothing to do with Party, and everything to do with hastening the new sets of issues - authoritarianism and freedom - that will become ever-more-prominent in this century. If the Atlas is a testing-bed for it, so much the better.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2009, 11:44:07 PM »

"Senior party leaders" meaning Hash. I haven't run into another DA member that likes this yet, Xahar.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2009, 11:44:53 PM »

It has nothing to do with Party, and everything to do with hastening the new sets of issues - authoritarianismpopulism and freedomanarchism - that will become ever-more-prominent in this century. If the Atlas is a testing-bed for it, so much the better.

I can do a play on words too. Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2009, 11:45:28 PM »

I don't understand the ARC's support of this ticket. Xahar isn't a libertarian or a free market guy either, and there are many more socially liberal candidates out there. Bacon King would be a better fit than Xahar for the ARC.

Bacon King is in the JCP.

All I am saying is if this isn't a backroom deal or something, then I'm not sure why the ARC would be more susceptible to a big government liberal like Xahar over a moderate like Bacon King. They certainly jumped behind it quickly considering we have no idea who else is even running in February.

There are bigger issues at stake here. I am willing to vote for a liberal strategically (which is, sadly, something more social libertarians have yet to learn) if it advances my cause in the long term.

And this is really all this ticket is about, advancing your causes, securing power and influence.

Sure. Isn't that what elections are supposed to be about? Or does democracy really come down to the massive circle-jerk that this forum is presently?

Now that the election's over, I think I just found a new sig. Tongue
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2009, 11:45:52 PM »

"Senior party leaders" meaning Hash. I haven't run into another DA member that likes this yet, Xahar.

I've been given the full details of this conversation, and I assure you, a majority of the DA didn't participate in this (including me).
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2009, 11:46:05 PM »

It has nothing to do with Party, and everything to do with hastening the new sets of issues - authoritarianismpopulism and freedomanarchism - that will become ever-more-prominent in this century. If the Atlas is a testing-bed for it, so much the better.

I can do a play on words too. Wink

That works for me, as long as you're willing to play ball.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2009, 11:47:44 PM »

PM conversation:

I'd be open to the idea, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't want to betray my new party. Thanks for the offer, though.

I've talked to senior DA members already. Smiley

And they would support you? That removes a roadblock, if you choose to run.

Xahar has/had my permission to post.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2009, 11:50:16 PM »

Franzl.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2009, 11:54:26 PM »

Franzl.

And Tmthforu94 made the sign. Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »

Franzl.

LOL. No surprises there.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2009, 11:59:56 PM »

Franzl.

LOL. No surprises there.

I actually was going to make it, but... It was done already.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2009, 12:01:17 AM »

Franzl.

LOL. No surprises there.

I actually was going to make it, but... It was done already.

No, more like it wasn't surprising tmth was involved with the talks. I hate I believed they were actually having a fight a few months ago. They were actually shacking up together and were just having relationship issues. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2009, 07:17:02 AM »

Great ticket. I'll probably give it high prefs. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »