Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:28:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Announcement  (Read 8871 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 10:45:17 PM »

Xahar would be eligible for office by February, fyi.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »

And behold, Marokai ends just as his political idol did: a broken man ranting about conspiracies.

Marokai is on the Supreme Court. How is he a broken man?

Anyway, I will withhold judgement on this ticket until I am able to further discuss matters with members of the DA and other Atlasians. I will say that I am not inclined to support this ticket, as it reeks of backdoor dealing, but it will depend on how things develop over the coming months.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 10:46:06 PM »

Aren't you being a little hard, MB?  I thought you had a reasonably good opinion of Xahar, I seem to remember you saying so at least once or twice.

Xahar, yes. I had liked him rather well. But this entire scene reeks of Hamilton. Xahar has been in contact with him, I know this for a fact thanks to a few simple events, and NiK has been Hamilton's man from Day 1.

Hashemite seemed above plays for power and influence like this, but it seems all the scaremongering about the DA and the JCP working together so well finally sunk in and scared him off. Hashemite is playing along with Hamilton's friend and Hamilton's proxy, and rest assured Hamilton's cult of trolls and zombies will line up behind this ticket faster than you can cry "conspiracy."

I highly doubt NiK is as close to Hamilton as you suspect, but I have learned to approach everything with an appropriate degree of skepticism.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 10:46:20 PM »

I don't understand the ARC's support of this ticket. Xahar isn't a libertarian or a free market guy either, and there are many more socially liberal candidates out there. Bacon King would be a better fit than Xahar for the ARC.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »

Aren't you being a little hard, MB?  I thought you had a reasonably good opinion of Xahar, I seem to remember you saying so at least once or twice.

Xahar, yes. I had liked him rather well. But this entire scene reeks of Hamilton. Xahar has been in contact with him, I know this for a fact thanks to a few simple events, and NiK has been Hamilton's man from Day 1.

Hashemite seemed above plays for power and influence like this, but it seems all the scaremongering about the DA and the JCP working together so well finally sunk in and scared him off. Hashemite is playing along with Hamilton's friend and Hamilton's proxy, and rest assured Hamilton's cult of trolls and zombies will line up behind this ticket faster than you can cry "conspiracy."

I highly doubt NiK is as close to Hamilton as you suspect, but I have learned to approach everything with an appropriate degree of skepticism.

NiK was recruited by him, is friends with him, and played a part, if I recall correctly, in going along with Hamilton's zombie invasion of the Pacific.

Hashemite has made a deal with the devil.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 10:49:36 PM »

I don't understand the ARC's support of this ticket. Xahar isn't a libertarian or a free market guy either, and there are many more socially liberal candidates out there. Bacon King would be a better fit than Xahar for the ARC.

Bacon King is in the JCP.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 10:50:24 PM »

NiK was recruited by him, is friends with him, and played a part, if I recall correctly, in going along with Hamilton's zombie invasion of the Pacific.

Oh, I don't doubt that last part. In fact I kind of expected a unified LNF, ARC, DA come February. Lets pray the DA has some backbone left. Purple State is reasonable and HappyWarrior already seems to have come out against this, so there is hope left.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 10:50:46 PM »

It's ultimately a part of the realignment we seek to affect: splitting the forum along populist and libertarian lines. Already the populist HappyWarrior threatens to lead a coalition against this ticket, which is quite fine with us.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »

He is assuming BK will be the JCP candidate and saying that the ARC should endores him over this ticket.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »

He is assuming BK will be the JCP candidate and saying that the ARC should endores him over this ticket.

The ARC endorse a JCP candidate?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009, 10:55:02 PM »

Oh, I don't doubt that last part. In fact I kind of expected a unified LNF, ARC, DA come February. Lets pray the DA has some backbone left. Purple State is reasonable and HappyWarrior already seems to have come out against this, so there is hope left.

First off, who attempted to destroy Hamilton a few weeks ago? Secondly, I had no knowledge at the time of the "zombie invasion", and I simply registered in the region that was my home. No one told me where to go. I have since moved.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009, 10:55:35 PM »

All I am saying is if this isn't a backroom deal or something, then I'm not sure why the ARC would be more susceptible to a big government liberal like Xahar over a moderate like Bacon King. They certainly jumped behind it quickly considering we have no idea who else is even running in February.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »

The ARC endorse a JCP candidate?

Its not a bad idea actually. Especially if its BK. The JCP is socially libertarian and at least the last time I checked claims to be economic centrist. If Einzige really wants to reallign Atlasia, this would be the way to go.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »

All I am saying is if this isn't a backroom deal or something, then I'm not sure why the ARC would be more susceptible to a big government liberal like Xahar over a moderate like Bacon King. They certainly jumped behind it quickly considering we have no idea who else is even running in February.

There are bigger issues at stake here. I am willing to vote for a liberal strategically (which is, sadly, something more social libertarians have yet to learn) if it advances my cause in the long term.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2009, 10:57:51 PM »

There are bigger issues at stake here. I am willing to vote for a liberal strategically (which is, sadly, something more social libertarians have yet to learn) if it advances my cause in the long term.

And this is really all this ticket is about, advancing your causes, securing power and influence.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2009, 11:00:30 PM »

And this is really all this ticket is about, advancing your causes, securing power and influence.

Sure. Isn't that what elections are supposed to be about? Or does democracy really come down to the massive circle-jerk that this forum is presently?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2009, 11:03:54 PM »

Wow, is it just me, or has Einzige finally gained some political sense. He used have a
"My way or the highway approach". Now he is deviating ideologically to advance political goals. The puritanical Libertarian fascade is crumbling.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »

Wow, is it just me, or has Einzige finally gained some political sense. He used have a
"My way or the highway approach". Now he is deviating ideologically to advance political goals. The puritanical Libertarian fascade is crumbling.

To the contrary: my ideological direction is as sound as ever. If I have to take an extraneous route to secure it, so be it. I'm actually attempting to defeat - if such is the right word - those libertarians who feel otherwise, and continue to spin their wheels in the mud of conservative politics.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2009, 11:06:52 PM »

Yeah, we know you're a Jew, already.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2009, 11:07:18 PM »

I will also, be helping HappyWarrior in whatever he needs to stop this ticket from being elected. HW, just tell me what to do Smiley
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2009, 11:11:12 PM »

I will also, be helping HappyWarrior in whatever he needs to stop this ticket from being elected. HW, just tell me what to do Smiley

Well, despite my friendship with you I am afraid that I will be contracting any vote I may have cast in support of you for office.

Listen, I had nothing to do with any back door deal. Xahar offered the position to me, and I accepted as we are good friends. When I accepted, I didn't know that the ARC was voting with us. I only knew that the DA knew of his candidacy and supported it. Either way, I support our ticket.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »

Well, despite my friendship with you I am afraid that I will be contracting any vote I may have cast in support of you for office.

Listen, I had nothing to do with any back door deal. Xahar offered the position to me, and I accepted as we are good friends. When I accepted, I didn't know that the ARC was voting with us. I only knew that the DA knew of his candidacy and supported it. Either way, I support our ticket.

There is concrete evidence that this is not true. Let's cut the crap and be honest, at least?
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »

There is concrete evidence that this is not true.

May I see it?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2009, 11:19:12 PM »

There is concrete evidence that this is not true. Let's cut the crap and be honest, at least?

It was previously discussed, but I was not a part of that converstation. I didn't know until this afternoon.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2009, 11:20:59 PM »

I am not privy to any inside information regarding this ticket, as Marokai, HappyWarrior, and others seem to be.  I only know what I can see posted.  Thus, I reserve my judgement on this ticket.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies