American citizens: where do you stand on Israel? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 04:58:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  American citizens: where do you stand on Israel? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: American citizens: where do you stand on Israel?
1st Choice: 2 states... 2nd Choice: Israel is Democractic... 3rd Choice: Israel is Jewish

1st Choice: 2 states... 2nd Choice: Israel is Jewish... 3rd Choice: Israel is Democratic

1st Choice: Israel is Democratic... 2nd Choice: 2 states... 3rd Choice: Israel is Jewish

1st Choice: Israel is Democratic... 2nd Choice: Israel is Jewish.. 3rd Choice: 2 states

1st Choice: Israel is Jewish... 2nd Choice: Israel is Democratic.. 3rd Choice: 2 states

1st Choice: Israel is Jewish... 2nd Choice: 2 states.. 3rd Choice: Israel is Democratic

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: American citizens: where do you stand on Israel?  (Read 5524 times)
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« on: December 31, 2016, 06:11:56 PM »
« edited: December 31, 2016, 06:13:42 PM by Tintrlvr »

I reject the presumption of two states as essential or even desirable. I support Israel as a democracy but not as an explicitly Jewish state (i.e., written into law or otherwise with a thumb on the scale in favor of Judaism over other religions/non-religion).
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:26:51 PM »

Best option: 2 state solution, with boundary drawn as it was originally (before any of the Palestinian land was wrongfully seized) and reparations paid to the new Palestine by Israel for all past oppression.

And how are you planning to destroy, for example, the city of Ariel where there are 18,717 citizens plus a university? Or any of the many other cities? Land swaps are inevitable if you want an agreement. But you don't seem to want an agreement, based on your suggestion for reparations.

I'm not going to say this is my preferred position (I like the one-state solution), but the Jewish/Israeli people of Ariel can stay if they want and become Palestinian citizens. Or they can leave, which they probably would. No one needs to destroy the city; other people would live there. That's not even slightly unusual in world history, especially recent world history.

If you were talking about a city right on the border, land swaps might be workable, but Ariel is deep in the West Bank. It is part of Palestine in any realistic two-state solution.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies