American citizens: where do you stand on Israel? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:59:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  American citizens: where do you stand on Israel? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: American citizens: where do you stand on Israel?
1st Choice: 2 states... 2nd Choice: Israel is Democractic... 3rd Choice: Israel is Jewish

1st Choice: 2 states... 2nd Choice: Israel is Jewish... 3rd Choice: Israel is Democratic

1st Choice: Israel is Democratic... 2nd Choice: 2 states... 3rd Choice: Israel is Jewish

1st Choice: Israel is Democratic... 2nd Choice: Israel is Jewish.. 3rd Choice: 2 states

1st Choice: Israel is Jewish... 2nd Choice: Israel is Democratic.. 3rd Choice: 2 states

1st Choice: Israel is Jewish... 2nd Choice: 2 states.. 3rd Choice: Israel is Democratic

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: American citizens: where do you stand on Israel?  (Read 5527 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 31, 2016, 02:39:14 AM »

I am solidly pro-Israel and support its existence wholeheartedly.

Two states. If it isn't two states, Israel will devolve into a system of apartheid should they annex Gaza and West Bank, as these two territories will never be fully integrated into Israel without ethnic cleansing or a miraculous end to decades of hostility.

I suspect Likud and its allies would have to establish an authoritarian state to actually annex both. Netanyahu hasn't the guts to either stop settlement expansion or just annex the areas. What a spineless political coward. Makes you wish you could resurrect Golda Meir and Yitzhak Rabin or at least a leader with the will to do something.

I wonder where we would be today had Yitzhak Rabin not been assassinated. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 11:53:16 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2017, 11:55:54 AM by Frodo »

Option 1: like most Americans, I support(ed) a two-state solution ever since I became fully aware and informed of the issue in high school, with Israel and Palestine living side-by-side as (hopefully) liberal democracies.  

However, beginning with Yasser Arafat basically walking away from the Camp David Summit in 2000, Hamas taking over Gaza in 2007 after Israel dismantled its settlements there, and finally rendering the notion of a contiguous Palestinian state in the West Bank untenable with its expansion of settlements, I have glumly concluded we are likely to end up with a one-state solution, with Israel becoming a Jewish apartheid state, with the Palestinians in the role of the repressed black South Africans prior to 1994.

It won't end well for Israel as it chooses to become a pariah.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies