Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:18:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 18100 times)
romanthaddeus007
« on: June 01, 2020, 01:40:37 PM »

**SENATOR DASCHLE ANNOUNCES IN ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA**
Here's an excerpt of the first part of the Senate Leader's remarks.
HELLO! HELLO! AIN'T IT GREAT TO BE IN GOOD OLE ABERDEEN!
I was born here in the heart of South Dakota. I grew up in this town growing up with the prosperity of the post-world-war II economy. Unfortunately, folks, the last time Republicans ran this country was when the Reagen conservatives ran their economic agenda that plunged us into a recession. With the leadership of Bill Clinton and Al Gore after him, I've worked tirelessly as a senate minority leader to give this great party, the party of Roosevelt and of Kennedy, standing in the world. But, I've never forgotten places like Aberdeen. I've voted to expand microloans to small businesses, voted to stop the war on drugs in rural towns like Aberdeen when I opposed tougher penalties on Drugs in 1999 and opposing using international development funds for Drug Control in 96. I'm here for rural American people and states like South Dakota are the bellwether of the progress of changing the institutions that held small towns like Aberdeen back under the Reagen and Bush administrations. It's because of leaders like Gore that we have a strong nation right now. Democrats cut crime, balanced the budget, and brought about a strong economy, and what did Republicans do? Bring about a failed war on drugs, pushed a budgetary deficit, higher taxes, and a recession. I'm here to lay out the case for American progress in rural America: 1. Promoting Universal Healthcare, it's time that every citizen, especially in states like South Dakota have access to proper health coverage, 2. Bolster education funding to strengthen public education. I have a 91% rating from the NEA, and the teacher's unions have a candidate in Tom Daschle! 3. Back up labor. I have an 85% rating from the AFL-CIO, I've backed our unions and the American worker from the American small town...
romanthaddeus007
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 02:06:07 PM »

SENATOR DASCHLE RELEASES FEBRUARY CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE
WEEK 1:February 20-27: South Dakota and Iowa
2/20:
-Rally on Agriculture Practices in Sioux Falls, SD
-Meeting with Local Sioux Falls Politicians
-Open a New Campaign Office
2/21:
-Rally on healthcare Issues in Rapid City, SD
-Meeting with Local Unions
-Conduct Interviews with Local Press
-Town Hall
2/23
-Travel to Cedar Rapids, IA
2/24
-Rally on Unions at the local AFL-CIO Chapter in Cedar Rapids
-Travel to Iowa City
-Town Hall
-Interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer
2/25
-travel to Des Moines, Iowa
2/26
-Rally on Tax Issues
-Town Hall
-Open a Campaign Office
Meet with State House Democrats
Rally with Senator TOM HARKIN
2/27
-Mingle with locals at local restaurants
-Attend a fundraiser
-Meet with the NEA Des Moines Chapter
WEEK 2: February 27-March 5: Missouri and Texas
2/28
-Travel to Springfield, MO
3/1
-Meet with local Democrats
-Hold a Town Hall
-Interview with Fox's Greta van Susteren
-Rally on Crime Issues
3/2
-Travel to Kansas City
-Open Campaign Office
-Rally on Crime issues
-Town Hall
-Hold a Fundraiser
-Interviews with the Kansas City Star
-Interview with the New York Times
3/3
-Travel to El Paso
3/4
-Rally on Immigration
-Rally on Oil and Energy
-Interview with the Wall Street Journal
-Fundraiser
-Open Campaign Office
-Mingle with locals
3/5
-Travel to Lubbock
-Rally on Education
-Town Hall
-Open Campaign Office
romanthaddeus007
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 04:06:48 PM »

DASCHLE FOR AMERICA TELEVISION AD:
Ran heavily in: Iowa, South Carolina, Texas
Medium running in:  Virginia, North Carolina, Nevada
Lightly ran in: Florida, Missouri

"Tom Daschle has been working his entire adult life for all Americans. As Democrat Senate leader, he led the fight for stronger public education, stronger unions, and putting more money into the hands of small businesses. Tom is a democratic leader, and he wants to take what he's done for South Dakota and more the country to the white house. Join us.
"I'm Tom Daschle, and I approve this message."
romanthaddeus007
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 10:48:59 AM »

**DASCHLE MARCH SCHEDULE**
March 6th: Major Rally in Austin, Texas to promote Universal Healthcare
March 7th: Medium Rally in Nashville, Tennessee, to promote expanding NATO to Eastern Europe
March 8th: Town Hall in Montevallo, Alabama, plus a medium-sized rally in Birmingham on civil rights issues
March 10th: Daschle returns to the campaign unveils “Stay the Course: The Daschle for America Platform”
March 11-15th: Daschle travels through Hillsborough, Carrol, Strafford, and Rockingham counties in New Hampshire attending multiple town halls and small rallies
March 17th: Major rally in Manchester, New Hampshire, plus a campaign office opening
March 18th: Major rally in Boston, Massachusetts, plus a town hall in Newton, MA
March 19th: Campaign office opened in Providence, Rhode Island plus an interview with Greta Van Susteren
March 20th: Senator Daschle meets with AFL-CIO leaders, Does a Major Rally in NYC and opens a campaign office
March 22nd: Major Rally in Orlando, Florida along with a campaign office opening
March 24th: Minor Rally in Ft. Lauderdale, plus a town hall
March 25th: Major rally in Atlanta, campaign office opening, town hall
March 26th: Interview in CNN Atlanta studios plus a visit to the Coca-Cola museum
March 28th-March 31st: Beginning of the “Iowa for Daschle” bus tour with Tom Harkin, that begins Jackson, Clinton, Scott, Muscatine, Des Moines, Louisa, and Lee Counties and will continue into april.
romanthaddeus007
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 08:58:07 AM »

**DASCHLE TOWN HALL ANSWERS**
Typical political wisdom would say that after 16 years of Democratic control in the White House, that the American people would opt for a Republican candidate. How are you best equipped to win over independents and Republicans to keep the Democrats in the White House for another 4 years?

That’s a good question Tim, and a perfectly valid one. All we Democrats need to do is compare and contrast how Democrats run the country, and how do Republicans. Under two, two term blue administrations we’ve seen a balanced budget, strong environmental regulations, a great economy, lower crime rates, and a country stronger than ever. What were the last Republican administrations? We had a recession, high crime, failed Reaganomics policies that put millions of Americans behind. Not to mention the Iran-Contra scandal.We need to stay the course, and that’s my campaign slogan. Democrats need to get together, we can’t turn back now, we cannot go backward, we must go onward.

In 2006, Congress repealed Don't Ask, Don't Tell which did not allow gay, bisexual, or transgender people to serve in the military. Do you agree with this action by Congress, and if elected, would you be in favor of repealing the Defense of Marriage Act?

Don’t ask don’t tell was heavily opposed by the Democratic party, and as the Senate Democratic Leader I’m proud of what we did. I absolutely supported the repeal of don’t ask don’t tell. As for gay marriage issues, here’s the deal, I’ve stood up to folks like former senate republican leader Bill Frist when it comes to these issues of civil rights, and I’ve led this party in the senate towards progress. That’s what the Democratic party can count on, leadership like leadership we have in the senate, and that’s what gay Americans can count on if I’m elected President.

Some critics of President Gore have said that the Department of Homeland Security isn't needed because there have only been small terror attacks, which aren't worthy of creating a whole new federal government department. Where do you stand on the Department of Homeland Security?

I standby the President. There’s no harm done in this department, it can reduce the probability of terror attacks and threats to our national security. The country is safer, and there’s no harm done there. I really don’t understand these critics, because take this department, right, you get either a safer country, or not, without infringing on civil liberties. If we can protect life, then we should, especially from these terrorists. The Department of Homeland Security is a completely rational creation, and the President should be proud of his effort to keep America strong and free.

For Senator Daschle: You currently have a 50% vote rating from NARAL, the pro-choice advocacy group. Can you set the record on where you stand on abortion?

It’s an issue to issue a basis that accounts for my rating. I voted yes on banning partial birth abortions with the exception of maternal life, and I standby that vote, those are my values and the values of the South Dakotans who elect me in a red-voting state. On the other hand I’ve also voted no bans on abortions in millitary bases. I;ve supported the expansion of stem cell research as well. I’m no Republican on this issue, the Republicans want to take away any right to choose. I’m a pragmatist from South Dakota, and that’s where I stand on the issues.
romanthaddeus007
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 06:10:24 PM »

**DASCHLE SPEECH FROM THE SENATE FLOOR**
(excerpt from the beginning)
Mr. Preident, I rise today to share the utter disappointment of the Democratic Party of our partisan colleagues in the house. A meritless investigation chaired by a partisan hack leaves us in the same position we had with Kenneth Star a few years ago: A partisan investigation that wastes taxpayer dollars on this useless investigation. It seems as if Republicans need a boost in the polls, and congressman King has shown his true colors. This partisan hackery shall not be tolerated, and would never happen in this institution...
romanthaddeus007
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 03:55:47 PM »

**SENATOR DASCHLE SEEN OUTSIDE CLINTON CAMPAIGN OFFICE**

Hello! Hello everyone, I'm about to have a meeting but I'll take a few questions.

CNN: Senator, what are you planning to discuss at your meeting with Senator Clinton?

Tom: Well, that's to be discussed and I'll make a statement after our meeting. No comment as of now.

NBC: Comments on John McCain dropping from the race?

Tom: Ya know John is a great man, and I really do wish him the best. He was a maverick and always put country over party. A great man. Alright, I gotta go!

Press: Senator Daschle! Senator Daschle!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies