BREAKING: You Know Who Pulls Out of Iran Nuclear Deal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:09:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: You Know Who Pulls Out of Iran Nuclear Deal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: BREAKING: You Know Who Pulls Out of Iran Nuclear Deal  (Read 15266 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2018, 06:14:37 PM »

im dousing my face with battery acid to simulate the john bolton war experience
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2018, 06:20:11 PM »

Its days like this that make me want to cut off my internet until 2021. It sucks getting so stressed out over something you have no control over.

Ive found that staying off Twitter has helped my own mental health, and I can get news elsewhere anyways
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2018, 06:39:35 PM »

Israel should just go whole hog and flatten Tehran now!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »

Its days like this that make me want to cut off my internet until 2021. It sucks getting so stressed out over something you have no control over.

Ive found that staying off Twitter has helped my own mental health, and I can get news elsewhere anyways

I've actually avoided following any news/politics accounts (or going into the trending tags) on twitter for this very reason.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2018, 07:08:48 PM »

Oddly enough, that's the way history has gone since 1945.

Trump is keeping a campaign promise here.  I must confess that I voted for him hoping that this particular promise he WOULDN'T keep.  I would feel better about the idea that Trump was thinking outside the box here if it weren't for the addition of John, John, the Neocon Bolton to his Administration.  Bolton appears to have Trump's ear, and I'm hardly thrilled about that.

I am an advocate of normalizing relations with Iran.  They are a nation that can say that they did nothing to us, but we interfered in their internal affairs to their detriment.  That being said, the "Nuclear Deal" with Iran is analagous to putting Iran on Probation, with the Western Allies acting as their probation officers.  I am not a big fan of the Iranian Theocrats who are the real powers, and I am not blind as to their contempt for Israel, but I am in favor of policies that will bring about real liberalization in Iran. 

Perhaps this action, rather than a precursor to war, can be a precursor to normalization.  I can imagine ways where this could be the case.  I'd feel a lot better about THAT idea if it weren't John Bolton at Trump's ear.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2018, 08:01:32 PM »

Oh well, it is our loss.

The deal will continue with or without the US. But good luck getting anyone to work with you when you operate in bad faith.

Hopefully the end result will be the US removing its tentacles from every conflict area in the world that we're somehow responsible for.

If you think that will be a result of Trump (other than because we've destroyed ourselves so thoroughly we can't do it), then you're dreaming.

Army Special Forces Secretly Help Saudis Combat Threat From Yemen Rebels
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump is not removing the US from from foreign conflicts. He's just destroying our ability to use soft power (trade deals and diplomacy), which will eventually lead to squandering our hard power (military and other resources) while Russia and China laugh at us.

I was trying to be optimistic for once.  But you're right.  The Democrats have never been an anti-war party, but the GOP has been invested in expanding the MIC since Eisenhower left, and Trump - despite certain people's hopes *cough*Sanchez*cough* - is no exception.  Continued US involvement in the Iran Deal was pretty much DOA when Trump appointed Moustache.

Other issues aside, America would be so much safer long-term under either a President Sanders or a President Paul.  But war hawks always win the propaganda game.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2018, 08:06:21 PM »

im dousing my face with battery acid to simulate the john bolton war experience
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2018, 08:19:42 PM »

This is not news at all, he was always going to do it. It just took a deadline and two new foreign policy-based hires. This might be Drumpf's most catastrophic decision yet. It's infuriating to me. There was no reason to do this other than to spite Obama and to placate Bolton and Pompeo. I take back what I said about Drumpf no longer having his expectation as the instigator of a nuclear war. That war may not be with North Korea but it could still happen due to a short-sided decision. It might even become the problem of the next administration. Leave it to Drumpf to light a bag of feces on fire, ring the doorbell, and run away for the rest of the world to deal with.
 I don't want to hear about how uninspiring a candidate like Clinton is ever again. Her campaign based on preserving and building on Obama's policies and legacy may not have been the most exciting but there is no conceivable way that her decisions would be as disastrous as Drumpf's. She was the warmonger? She was corrupt? To hell with that! Political campaigns are a means to an end so that candidate could act upon those campaign promises. A promise to maintain the Iran Deal should have been recognized as an important step to keeping relative peace in the world. relative peace should have been enough to make people turn out and use some rational thought. Everything about Obama's legacy is being dismantled and affecting the country for the worse. Thanks to apathy, spite, complacency, and being easily manipulated; millions of Americans are as complicit as Drumpf is in endangering our country and, by extension, the world.
As long as people like Drumpf are getting elected, we don't deserve to choose our own politicians. Our flaws are getting in the way of progress. We don't deserve to live in peace. We deserve to be punished for our own decisions. In fact we are being punished because of those same decisions.
Am I having another one of my over-dramatic moments? I don't think I am because the gravity of this decision to withdraw is going to be lost on too many simpletons in this country. As long as things don't immediately or directly affect most people they won't care. They will look the other way as Drumpf and the GOP continue to be incompetent, corrupt, and cynical. Am I being condescending? I don't care anymore if I am. I'm seen that way already since I'm a liberal Democrat from New Jersey. Policy doesn't matter anymore. Facts don't matter anymore. Nothing matters unless it serves the purpose of spiteful tribalism and being rubbed in the face of SJW, coastal elitist, neoliberal, *insert other buzzword here*, cucks like myself.
 I almost feel bad for writing stuff like this but I just can't help but succumb to despair when I hear news like this. I'm sorry.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2018, 08:59:59 PM »

Uncle Pat gets it right:

http://buchanan.org/blog/dont-trash-the-nuclear-deal-129279
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2018, 10:35:25 PM »

The deal was unenforceable and being widely cheated on already. Now it's time to tighten the screws.

Also, I see someone let the mask slip when it comes to (((neocons))) yet again. Mods plz ban.

You are quite possibly one of the most stupid people on this entire site. And that is saying something.

Corbynists don't get to credibly comment on...well, anything, really?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2018, 10:36:14 PM »

I don't want to see Israel get into any unnecessary wars, but if the rumors are correct and Iran is planning to use Hezbollah to launch an assault on Israel's northern front, they'll pay a terrible price.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2018, 10:38:32 PM »

I don't want to see Israel get into any unnecessary wars, but if the rumors are correct and Iran is planning to use Hezbollah to launch an assault on Israel's northern front, they'll pay a terrible price.

Just lol at this nonsense.
James Monroe

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2018, 10:54:09 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2018, 02:48:11 AM »

I bet the Donald even doesn't know what's in the agreement.

Congrats, Donny, for weakening the position of all future president because the US government's committments are going to be worth nothing since nobody knows how long they might last.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2018, 03:17:22 AM »

I can only repeat: According to Donald Trump, Iran is a murderous, untrustworthy regime who won't honor the deal, but it's such a GREAT thing that Kim Jong-un has promised to stop his nuclear program and Trump is gonna meet him soon to shake his hand. If Barack Obama hadn't made that deal with Iran, Donald Trump probably would have done it now himself... but since Obama already had, he pulled out of it. Just suspend diplomatic relations with the United States until Trump is removed from office. Right now, there's just not much point in maintaining them except that it wastes tax-payers's money.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2018, 05:03:16 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2018, 10:07:39 AM by American2020 »

What I think will happen:

Iran and the other members of the JCPOA will continue the agreement without us. Trump will reinstate financial sanctions but avoid any new oil sanctions. He will threaten European companies doing business with Iran but take very little meaningful action otherwise. Should be noted Iran does almost 10 times as much business with the Europeans than they do with America so our sanctions wont be all that painful. I don't think much changes outside of America's influence continuing to diminish. It'll take at least a decade to build back up the confidence Trump has eroded.

Which at this rate is never. As soon as we recovered from our country being ruined, somebody else is ruining it.

Once again, Putin and Russian government officials are laughing and toasting with shots of Vodka.
How easy it is to fool the idiocy-class in America, in electing an Orange Clown to lead, and bring our county (and relations with our allies) down.
Thank you trump cultists.

Make Russia Great Again
Thanks to Trump, all America's detractors, haters, ennemies and adversaries will take a revenge they waited since the USSR's collapse and Iraq war.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-iran-deal-exit-win-for-russia_us_5af21ea9e4b00a3224ee17d1

Trump's successor will have to deal with uncertainties and will spend all the time to repair, rebuild and restore what Trump destroyed.
It'll take many years to recover from this period of rancous, anger and revenge.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2018, 09:21:39 AM »

Correct, this is literally an extended temper-tantrum over Obama making fun of him at a WH press corespondents dinner.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2018, 10:00:24 AM »

What I think will happen:

Iran and the other members of the JCPOA will continue the agreement without us. Trump will reinstate financial sanctions but avoid any new oil sanctions. He will threaten European companies doing business with Iran but take very little meaningful action otherwise. Should be noted Iran does almost 10 times as much business with the Europeans than they do with America so our sanctions wont be all that painful. I don't think much changes outside of America's influence continuing to diminish. It'll take at least a decade to build back up the confidence Trump has eroded.

Which at this rate is never. As soon as we recovered from our country being ruined, somebody else is ruining it.

Once again, Putin and Russian government officials are laughing and toasting with shots of Vodka.
How easy it is to fool the idiocy-class in America, in electing an Orange Clown to lead, and bring our county (and relations with our allies) down.
Thank you trump cultists.

Make Russia Great Again
Thanks to Trump, all America's detractors, haters, ennemies and adversaries will take a revenge they waited since the USSR's collapse and Iraq war.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-iran-deal-exit-win-for-russia_us_5af21ea9e4b00a3224ee17d1

Trump's successor will have to deal with uncertainties and will spend all the time to repair, rebuild and restore what Trump destroyed.
It'll take many years to recover from this period od rancous, anger and revenge.

Basically shows that everything anyone has said that is wrong with our society is basically true. Thats Trump in a nutshell.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2018, 10:02:27 AM »

I'm scared that this might mean a newly aggressive Iran. We were having signs of tolerance, especially towards women. This would set them back to 1980.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2018, 11:28:11 AM »

Iran Will Never Trust America Again

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/05/08/iran-will-never-trust-america-again/
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2018, 11:34:50 AM »

so don't yall think Israel and the USA should just go full "hammerdown protocol" on Iran now?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2018, 11:56:03 AM »

so don't yall think Israel and the USA should just go full "hammerdown protocol" on Iran now?

We should just nuke Iran now, honestly.  There would be no retaliation from neighboring countries and France and the UK will support us because our country's dick is bigger.

USA!  USA!  USA!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2018, 12:03:53 PM »

As in, put down their hammers and stop acting like every international disagreement is a nail in need of airstrikes to pound it flat? Yeah, sounds good.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2018, 12:06:58 PM »

HillGoose is such a strange poster
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2018, 12:19:51 PM »

Richard Grenell, who had assumed his new position as US Ambassador to Germany yesterday, drew some fire today for a tweet in which he basically ordered German companies to stop doing business with Iran (quote: "German companies doing business in Iran should wind down operations immediately"). His remarks were condomned by representatives from almost any political party in the parliament.

As a personal anecdote, I was at a public event in support of women's rights today. Coincidentally, this event was right at the Brandenburg Gate in front of the U.S. Embassy. One of the speakers was the current director of the Representation of the European Commission in Germany who at one point went off script, saying something along the lines of we wouldn't have this problem with the U.S. withdrawing from the Iran Nuclear Deal right now if more people were willing to vote for women candidates.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies