BREAKING: You Know Who Pulls Out of Iran Nuclear Deal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:46:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: You Know Who Pulls Out of Iran Nuclear Deal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: BREAKING: You Know Who Pulls Out of Iran Nuclear Deal  (Read 15189 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 12:32:59 PM »

Oh well, it is our loss.

The deal will continue with or without the US. But good luck getting anyone to work with you when you operate in bad faith.

Hopefully the end result will be the US removing its tentacles from every conflict area in the world that we're somehow responsible for.

If you think that will be a result of Trump (other than because we've destroyed ourselves so thoroughly we can't do it), then you're dreaming.

Army Special Forces Secretly Help Saudis Combat Threat From Yemen Rebels
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump is not removing the US from from foreign conflicts. He's just destroying our ability to use soft power (trade deals and diplomacy), which will eventually lead to squandering our hard power (military and other resources) while Russia and China laugh at us.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 12:34:28 PM »

I’m skeptical anyone would return to the table when Trump has made clear that he’ll break any deal he pleases (Paris, TPP, maybe NAFTA), but we’ll see.
Response to:

Good, it was a ridiculously fking moronic deal that exemplified the one critical failing of the Obama administration. Unfortunately most of the damage done cannot be undone but a renewal of sanctions to put pressure on Iran and get a deal that actually involves ensuring they don’t build nukes would be a gd start.

Sad that in order to get someone with a backbone in the White House you have to also get someone who doesn’t care if poor people die in the streets. Where’s the president who can improve on Obamacare AND actually represent America’s interests abroad in a decent fashion

I would rather try to fix JCPOA’s flaws through negotiations with our partners (Macron was clearly onboard with fixing it) than taking the ball and going home. This hurts our negotiating position rather than strengthening it, both in the ME and with DPRK
With what leverage? While the deal is in place we can’t apply any decent sanctions that caused the deal in the first place. Unfortunately the deal let Iran unfreeze and get many of their assets abroad to safe havens we can no longer touch (thanks Kerry for that master stroke) but at least we can get some leverage back on Iran to make substantive changes this way. Frankly Iran is tied to keeping to the deal’s terms anyway unless they want all other countries to follow suit so this really will only improve things - it’s not like Iran had any real incentive to stop building nukes with the current deal anyway, they just have to make a modest attempt at hiding what they’re doing and publicly denying it. Such a pathetic deal that walking away and coming back once we have regained some semblance of leverage loses us nothing.

Trusting crazies to stop being crazies on their honor and giving them billions in return has got to be one of the dumbest things America has ever done. We got literally nothing out of it and our idiot allies just don’t want to rock the boat so fk them if they aren’t interested in actual enforcement of denuclearization.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 12:37:10 PM »

Not surprising, since Trump's sole mission as President seems to be just undoing everything that Obama accomplished to appease his cult.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 12:41:56 PM »

Iran is in dire shape even with the deal. In fact, the rest of that article strongly implies that Iranian population sees both the doves and the hardliners as failures, and that

which is what Trump wanted all along.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 12:47:19 PM »

It's gonna be awesome when Iran's response to replace Rouhani with someone who makes Admadinajad look sane, and when the Ayatollah dies he's replaced by an even more hard-line reactionary, because why would any sane country trust America at this point?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 12:48:13 PM »

Good.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »

Good. And lol @ Obama's legacy being completely finished within 1.5 years of the Trump administration. Obamacare done, America out of the Iran deal, America out of the Paris deal.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 12:51:09 PM »

Two failings in this decision are clear: 1) this irreparably damages American negotiating credibility; commitments made now only last an administration. And 2) moderate credibility in Iran is now severely weakened. Rouhani already faces intense opposition from fundamentalist radicals in Iran and this decision will only weaken his position in his own country.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 12:54:49 PM »

Iran is in dire shape even with the deal. In fact, the rest of that article strongly implies that Iranian population sees both the doves and the hardliners as failures, and that

which is what Trump wanted all along.

Interesting article, thank you for sharing it. The slow-motion crisis in Iran and the government’s utter inability to take advantage of the opportunity presented by KCPOA has been underreported in the United States.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2018, 01:02:31 PM »

You gotta love how leftists go all out in defense of a theocratic regime that has stated it's desire to wipe jews off the face of the earth, all while claiming trumps refusal to condemn putin is disturbing(to be clear I think trump is retarded for his praise of Putin)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2018, 01:02:47 PM »

Neocons should be executed en masse. They are too great a threat to world stability IMO.

When it comes to purges, I'd rather concentrate on the alt-right.  
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2018, 01:04:17 PM »

Good. And lol @ Obama's legacy being completely finished within 1.5 years of the Trump administration. Obamacare done, America out of the Iran deal, America out of the Paris deal.

This is what conservatism has resorted too. Our ideas suck and we have been utterly discredited over the last 30 years, so lets just oppose everything the liberals did.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2018, 01:05:10 PM »

You gotta love how leftists go all out in defense of a theocratic regime that has stated it's desire to wipe jews off the face of the earth, all while claiming trumps refusal to condemn putin is disturbing(to be clear I think trump is retarded for his praise of Putin)

You mean Saudi Arabia? Our greatest Mid East ally and Trump's best friends?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2018, 01:06:55 PM »

America loves theocratic human rights violating regimes....just as long as they give America first dibs
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2018, 01:07:06 PM »

Which leftists are defending the theocratic regime of Iran, specifically?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2018, 01:09:52 PM »

Let's not forget about how "right-ists" were the one's screaming "Jews will not replace us" in Charlottesville, with trump claiming these bigoted idiots were "good people (on both sides)."
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2018, 01:10:10 PM »

Well, I guess I didn't get the memo that we aren't selling 100000000000 dollars of military hardware to a mideval monarchy.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2018, 01:11:14 PM »

Let's not forget about how "right-ists" were the one's screaming "Jews will not replace us" in Charlottesville, with trump claiming these bigoted idiots were "good people (on both sides)."

That they have any concern for human rights is a very Hitlerian lie
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2018, 01:12:00 PM »

Such bad faith from these people....
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »

Iran has the only significant population of Jews in any Muslim country besides Turkey.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »

Well, I guess I didn't get the memo that we aren't selling 100000000000 dollars of military hardware to a mideval monarchy.
Good whataboutism, I've never supported giving weapons to SA, but you do support giving $400 million to Iran
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2018, 01:15:32 PM »

Good whataboutism, I've never supported giving weapons to SA, but you do support giving $400 million to Iran

Ironic.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2018, 01:16:36 PM »

This is going to be an utter disaster.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2018, 01:16:59 PM »

Iran has the only significant population of Jews in any Muslim country besides Turkey.
Jews in Iran are also oppressed as hell, though: hardly a ringing endorsement for the regime. The Muslim country that knows how to treat its Jews well is Azerbaijan. And no, I do not condone the human rights violations in that country either.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »

The deal was unenforceable and being widely cheated on already. Now it's time to tighten the screws.

Also, I see someone let the mask slip when it comes to (((neocons))) yet again. Mods plz ban.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies