Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:28:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 316130 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2450 on: July 25, 2018, 09:46:01 AM »

If anyone can reach out to the rurals, it would be her. Still think Kemp has this, but Abrams will give it all she got. I see this more of a toss-up than the Ohio/Wisconsin races (which are clearly Likely R, if not Solid R, right now). Rooting big for Abrams to turn the tide and end the GOP hegemony here.

In what universe are Ohio and Wisconsin likely/solid R?  You just aren't speaking sense.

Keep in mind that this is coming from the guy who thought Trump would get a "cave bump" from the rescue of the students in Thailand.

One of the looniest instances of Atlas crankery since pbrower outlined his "air hub theory" of presidential nominations.

Wait the what theory?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #2451 on: July 25, 2018, 09:54:10 AM »

If anyone can reach out to the rurals, it would be her. Still think Kemp has this, but Abrams will give it all she got. I see this more of a toss-up than the Ohio/Wisconsin races (which are clearly Likely R, if not Solid R, right now). Rooting big for Abrams to turn the tide and end the GOP hegemony here.

In what universe are Ohio and Wisconsin likely/solid R?  You just aren't speaking sense.

Keep in mind that this is coming from the guy who thought Trump would get a "cave bump" from the rescue of the students in Thailand.

One of the looniest instances of Atlas crankery since pbrower outlined his "air hub theory" of presidential nominations.

Wait the what theory?

This gem: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=104956.msg2227105#msg2227105
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2452 on: July 25, 2018, 10:02:34 AM »

In what universe are Ohio and Wisconsin likely/solid R?  You just aren't speaking sense.

Ah, I see, so he's either a troll, or has no earthly idea what he's talking about.

Hes a troll. Dont bother with him.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2453 on: July 25, 2018, 11:21:38 AM »

LMAO that "SHADY DAVID SHAFER" meme really worked:

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   
Geoff Duncan   278,750   50.1%   
David Shafer   277,110   49.9   

I HATE David Shafer! This warms my heart.

Has this race been moved from Likely to Lean Republican yet?

Why? I'm just curious.. Don't know much about either..
Slimy and corrupt, had his friends make some accusations of sexual harassing a lobbyist "go away" right before the election, and thought he was owed the seat. It's obnoxious when any politician thinks they deserve a seat due to whatever crap he or she has carried out for businesses and other politicians.

The first Abrams and Kemp attacks are in. I saw the Abrams commercial a couple of times this morning getting ready for work.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2454 on: July 25, 2018, 11:46:10 AM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

Slimy and corrupt, had his friends make some accusations of sexual harassing a lobbyist "go away" right before the election, and thought he was owed the seat. It's obnoxious when any politician thinks they deserve a seat due to whatever crap he or she has carried out for businesses and other politicians.

The first Abrams and Kemp attacks are in. I saw the Abrams commercial a couple of times this morning getting ready for work.

That quick? wow.

Abrams ad 7/10. Very good, but not great. The ad uses Kemp's own ads against him,which is genious, and some of those still shots are hilarious. But the ad fails to really grab viewer, and the news cycle at the beginning would have been better suited at the end.

Kemp ad 3/10 Its a typical scary ad, and poor at that. The focus on Hillary is actually bad considering this is one of the few states that trended D when the whole nation trended R. They seem to not use anything else other than she is a Radical D who will raise taxes, and is funded by Nancy Pelosi, like I havent heard that before. Not creative, and rather poor.(of course this ad was made by the RNC.)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #2455 on: July 25, 2018, 12:32:17 PM »

Amazing result for Brian Kemp.

Cagle's support was built solely on name recognition and his shaky status as the "heir apparent".  I pegged Brian to win as early as last year because he would run the more vigorous campaign, had more genuine connections to the state's business and agricultural communities, and was all around just a better, more-likable guy than Casey Cagle.  While Trump's endorsement of Kemp helped him surge at the last minute, Kemp was on track to best Cagle by >10 pts as soon as the Tippins tape came out.   
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2456 on: July 25, 2018, 02:28:44 PM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

That quick? wow.

Abrams ad 7/10. Very good, but not great. The ad uses Kemp's own ads against him,which is genious, and some of those still shots are hilarious. But the ad fails to really grab viewer, and the news cycle at the beginning would have been better suited at the end.

Kemp ad 3/10 Its a typical scary ad, and poor at that. The focus on Hillary is actually bad considering this is one of the few states that trended D when the whole nation trended R. They seem to not use anything else other than she is a Radical D who will raise taxes, and is funded by Nancy Pelosi, like I havent heard that before. Not creative, and rather poor.(of course this ad was made by the RNC.)

The entire GOP strategy lately seems like nothing but telling people who blindly vote for them to start with whatever they want to hear to get them to turn out rather than putting even the tiniest effort into winning swing votes.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #2457 on: July 25, 2018, 03:50:42 PM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

That quick? wow.

The entire GOP strategy lately seems like nothing but telling people who blindly vote for them to start with whatever they want to hear to get them to turn out rather than putting even the tiniest effort into winning swing votes.

To be fair, I don't think Brian Kemp is winning any swing votes either way.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2458 on: July 25, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »

Wait the what theory?

This gem: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=104956.msg2227105#msg2227105

LMAO.

That post is so Atlas.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2459 on: July 25, 2018, 05:17:26 PM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

That quick? wow.

The GOP ad is indeed generic boring boilerplate, but the Dem ad is even worse. Re-running Kemp's ads which were what made him popular to begin with? I'm sure he thanks them for their contribution.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #2460 on: July 25, 2018, 06:50:34 PM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

That quick? wow.

The GOP ad is indeed generic boring boilerplate, but the Dem ad is even worse. Re-running Kemp's ads which were what made him popular to begin with? I'm sure he thanks them for their contribution.

Cosigned. The Democratic ad also lacked a cohesive message. It was just a bunch of clips and it barely made sense. What message was it trying to send? That Kemp is conservative? That Casey Cagle doesn't like him?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2461 on: July 25, 2018, 07:07:17 PM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

That quick? wow.

That's because they have nothing else to run on. Tribalism and polarization is all that they have, and unfortunately it tends to work better than it should.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2462 on: July 25, 2018, 07:24:30 PM »

Democratic SSS runoff:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2463 on: July 25, 2018, 07:27:18 PM »

And yeah, that attack ad against Kemp was pretty bad: I thought it was just an online ad at first!

Yikes. The lack of narration and the wimpy music make it something easily ignored by viewers during a commercial break (except for Kemp's words, which make it free advertising for him). Maybe the DGA's dumb enough to turn it verbatim into a radio spot!
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2464 on: July 25, 2018, 07:27:30 PM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

That quick? wow.

Cosigned. The Democratic ad also lacked a cohesive message. It was just a bunch of clips and it barely made sense. What message was it trying to send? That Kemp is conservative? That Casey Cagle doesn't like him?
The anti-Abrams ad was better?  What was the message...that she's propped up by coastal elitists and loved by Hillary? 

That's been the GOP's boilerplate message since 1992.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2465 on: July 25, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »

The anti-Abrams ad was better?  What was the message...that she's propped up by coastal elitists and loved by Hillary?  

Unlike the anti-Kemp ad, that one actually tells you what it wants you to glean from the message. Whether it's an old message or not doesn't matter (in fact, I'd argue old messages that survive are even more effective).

Commercials are made first and foremost to stick in your head when they're not in front of you - other than some forgettable tune and Brian Kemp's own words, what is memorable or mnemonic about that ad?

That's precisely why the "SHADY DAVID SHAFER" attack campaign was so effective and ultimately cost him the race. Practically everybody in GA had heard about "SHADY DAVID SHAFER" between the time of the primary and the runoff. They probably couldn't tell you why he was shady, but they knew he was in fact "shady".
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2466 on: July 25, 2018, 07:33:31 PM »

The anti-Abrams ad was better?  What was the message...that she's propped up by coastal elitists and loved by Hillary?  

Unlike the anti-Kemp ad, that one actually tells you what it wants you to glean from the message. Whether it's an old message or not doesn't matter (in fact, I'd argue old messages that survive are even more effective).

Commercials are made first and foremost to stick in your head when they're not in front of you - other than some forgettable tune and Brian Kemp's own words, what is memorable or mnemonic about that ad?

That's precisely why the "SHADY DAVID SHAFER" attack campaign was so effective and ultimately cost him the race. Practically everybody in GA had heard about "SHADY DAVID SHAFER" between the time of the primary and the runoff. They probably couldn't tell you why he was shady, but they knew he was in fact "shady".
I suppose that's true as well.  Hopefully Abrams HQ gets the message that the ad sucks and comes up with something more effective.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2467 on: July 25, 2018, 07:36:15 PM »

I suppose that's true as well.  Hopefully Abrams HQ gets the message that the ad sucks and comes up with something more effective.

Well, thankfully this wasn't an Abrams ad (as I understand it), but rather a DGA ad. But if Democrats are going to be pouring money into GA, then they need to do it right. Voters are stupid: Democrats need to learn to lower the bar in their discourse (and that includes not making voters read things on-screen for 30 seconds at a time).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2468 on: July 25, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »

Voters are stupid: Democrats need to learn to lower the bar in their discourse (and that includes not making voters read things on-screen for 30 seconds at a time).

+1
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2469 on: July 25, 2018, 07:48:12 PM »

Stacy is in the driver's seat due to this divided primary
Ohioguy29

« Reply #2470 on: July 25, 2018, 08:19:01 PM »

Voters are stupid: Democrats need to learn to lower the bar in their discourse (and that includes not making voters read things on-screen for 30 seconds at a time).

+1
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2471 on: July 25, 2018, 10:23:28 PM »

I like this ad by the Democratic Party of Georgia better.
SCNCmod

« Reply #2472 on: July 25, 2018, 10:28:26 PM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

That quick? wow.

Just as a 1 time ad... The attack ad on Abrams was much better.  But, longer term- the simple "she's too liberal b/c Clinton & Pelosi support her" will go nowhere compared to "Kemp is so crazy that he could keep companies from moving to Georgia & may ruin any progress we plan to achieve in Georgia's Economy."
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2473 on: July 25, 2018, 10:33:49 PM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

That quick? wow.

Just as a 1 time ad... The attack ad on Abrams was much better.  But, longer term- the simple "she's too liberal b/c Clinton & Pelosi support her" will go nowhere compared to "Kemp is so crazy that he could keep companies from moving to Georgia & may ruin any progress we plan to achieve in Georgia's Economy."
Thats what I was thinking when rating. Both ads are not that good, dont get me wrong, but Abrams has more appeal to the people she needs, and has better replay value, and as I said, some of those still shots are great.

Kemp's is good, but is overplayed, and I can see in a state with two competitive races that stuff like this is going to be thrown out a lot. It runs tiresome, and seems like a stock ad that the GOP would use.

Its a good ad, but its soo similar to many other ads. The truck ad Kemp did popped. You would remember it, and The D ad uses this remembrance by taking pieces of it and making Kemp look crazy. The GOP ad, is your typical scary ad, and those blend in rather easily.

Thats why I think the D ad was superior, but they are both average.
SCNCmod

« Reply #2474 on: July 25, 2018, 10:44:08 PM »

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   

That quick? wow.

Thats what I was thinking when rating. Both ads are not that good, dont get me wrong, but Abrams has more appeal to the people she needs, and has better replay value, and as I said, some of those still shots are great.

Kemp's is good, but is overplayed, and I can see in a state with two competitive races that stuff like this is going to be thrown out a lot. It runs tiresome, and seems like a stock ad that the GOP would use.

Its a good ad, but its soo similar to many other ads. The truck ad Kemp did popped. You would remember it, and The D ad uses this remembrance by taking pieces of it and making Kemp look crazy. The GOP ad, is your typical scary ad, and those blend in rather easily.

Thats why I think the D ad was superior, but they are both average.

I could see a lot of Republican's across the country falling into a similar trap that Dem's fell into with Trump...

Republican's will focus so much on "Tying the candidate to Hillary & Pelosi" (Similar to Dems only focusing on "Trump is a horrible person") ... that they (R's) will end up being totally disconnected from real issues like an economic message... thus allowing Dems to hone in on a more substantive message that ends up winning over independents.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies