Comedy Goldmine XII: A reimagining with Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:15:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine XII: A reimagining with Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine XII: A reimagining with Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell  (Read 171568 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 21, 2010, 11:16:22 AM »

From the Discover Card is KILLING ME!!! thread:

Looking at that pie graph from Discover, I believe jmfcst is married to Imelda Marcos.

Let's not blame the little woman - perhaps jmfcst is the Imelda Marcos of the pair.  Although, in fairness, if the Better Half has to put up with this tightly wound religious fanatic day in day out, she bloody well deserves a few thousands worth of shoes and frocks.  And jewels, lots of exurban-style jewlry..
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 07:01:10 PM »

Ernest beat me to the one above. Hopefully the object of opebo's spar can laugh at it, along with the rest of us. Smiley

I don't find it funny to compare my or my wife's lifestyle to Imelda Marcos when I'm trying to figure out how I make as much as I do and shop at Walmart and Target, and yet still have a cashflow problem. 

In such a case, it's not a laughing matter

It was opebo making that comparison that I found funny, not the comparison itself.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:02:06 PM »

As a child, I thought that, following death, you'd still be "conscious", but it'd just be dark and stuffy for eternity, like space with no stars - the thought absolutely terrified me.

Now I realize that it literally won't be "like" anything; the difference is that between a computer being in sleep mode and having its plug pulled. And I find the thought much more comforting.

DISCUSS!  WITH MAPS!!!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »

I once tried to rig a mock election; damn farmers children ruined everything by rigging it better than I did... though I'd have gotten away with it had the other kid counting the votes not betrayed me.
Scooby Dooby Doo!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 12:17:40 PM »

When you think about it, everyone is the winner here. The Israeli government gets to keep out someone they don't like, Chomsky gets to call himself a victim with a degree of justification and Palestinian students don't have to pretend to find his turgid ramblings interesting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies