So Thatcher had a lot more evil in her than the infamous poll tax... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:16:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  So Thatcher had a lot more evil in her than the infamous poll tax... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So Thatcher had a lot more evil in her than the infamous poll tax...  (Read 9579 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: December 28, 2012, 12:54:26 AM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/dec/28/margaret-thatcher-role-plan-to-dismantle-welfare-state-revealed
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:59:01 AM »

I'm guessing this is common knowledge for UK posters, but it's still interesting to see that she wanted to turn UK into ideal state by tea party standards.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 02:52:02 AM »
« Edited: December 28, 2012, 02:53:41 AM by ModerateCoward »

It's not surprising that there are vast segments of the British population eagerly awaiting this horrible woman's death.

Oh don't be ridiculous.
I think you are being ridiculous, who really doesn't want Thatcher to die, if you think about the negative effect she had on the islands.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 08:03:04 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2012, 08:06:42 PM by ModerateCoward »

So in return all those people that hate Obama and want him to die (Note: I'm not one of them, but I'm sure someone will still think so) are perfectly justified in that respect? My guess is they'd be viewed as horrible people while these people are within their rights.
IMO, any grown person who wishes early death on a politician operating within a free, civilised, democratic system is an inherently cruel and vile person, it doesn't matter if it's Maggie Thatcher or Barry Obama or Olof Palm or anyone.
It's only acceptable to hate politicians in totalitarian regimes, in my view (before anyone says, It's acceptable to hate Segregationist Southern Governors as they were actively abusing/ignoring the constitutional system of government and denying people their right to vote even though they hadn't shirked any of their responsibillities as a citizen by being imprisoned or committing electoral fraud) .
That's how it was for the miners...
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 11:23:52 PM »

No one is calling for her to be shot; no one (well, except the Provos) wanted that in the 1980s either. It's just that a lot of people will be satisfied at her passing. I suppose that might come across as a little ugly (and if I'm being honest it sort of is) but you have to understand that it is a reaction to something that was also rather ugly.

She defined large sections of British society as enemies - personal enemies - and shaped policies accordingly. If you do that, then you don't get to expect those same people to show even a basic level of respect. The political is personal sometimes...

So in other words, it's similar to how teachers would view krazen if he ever somehow managed to acheive political office?
Well Krazen can't fire every teacher like thatcher could do with the miners.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies