Dressing up for church (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:27:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Dressing up for church (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should one dress up for church?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Dressing up for church  (Read 2708 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 09, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »

I never wore a suit to church.  I'd wear a tie if I was an usher or somehow involved in the service.  Other than that I dressed as Dibble explained for Sunday mornings.  Sunday evenings jeans and a tshirt/open flannel.  Wednesday nights was shorts and tshirt (or whatever I wore to school that day).  We're talking rock concert tshirts and such.

This is a So.Baptist church in suburban St.Louis.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 11:33:17 AM »

This reminds me of the kids that were at mass not too long ago. They were about ten years old and just kept goofing off. Their mother had no control of the situation whatsoever and that annoys me to no end but I keep my mouth shut. The kids crossed the line when they started laughing out loud at the priest's Indian accent. People were visibly upset and rightfully so. When one gentleman was leaving church, he mumbled "What a disgrace" or something like that as he walked by the kids and the mother. Now I agree with the guy but at the same time, church, of all places, should not be the place to throw stones. The woman rightfully told the man to mind his own business when it comes to how she should deal with her kids. Even though I typically dislike that type of attitude (it frequently serves as a justification for having no control), she was right. She could have done more to shut her kids up and stress that they need to learn about respect but maybe she wanted to do that afterwards. Who knows?
My preacher growing up would heckle kids and people doing things like that during the service.  Few things are as alarming as having the preacher yell at you in the middle of a sermon on Sunday morning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies