When Students Change Gender Identity, and Parents Don’t Know (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:43:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  When Students Change Gender Identity, and Parents Don’t Know (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When Students Change Gender Identity, and Parents Don’t Know  (Read 2480 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: January 25, 2023, 10:51:35 AM »

I miss the era where a woman could be masculine and a man feminine without being considered trans. "Gender is a social construct" and all that, remember? That was less than a decade ago. I will never understand why the left became even more rigid on gender roles than the right, but in a different way.
When, exactly, was this ever the case? This wasn’t true when I was a kid, and it certainly wasn’t true when my parents were young. Public displays of femininity have never been socially acceptable for men. And masculinity among girls (tomboys, if you will) has always been viewed with at least some suspicion.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 11:04:28 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2023, 11:11:35 AM by Devout Centrist »

When, exactly, was this ever the case? This wasn’t true when I was a kid, and it certainly wasn’t true when my parents were young. Public displays of femininity have never been socially acceptable for men. And masculinity among girls (tomboys, if you will) has always been viewed with at least some suspicion.
Femboys also exist
Yes, this is true.

I’d also push back on the idea that all gender nonconforming people are automatically considered trans nowadays. Feminine men (femboys, as you point out) are not necessarily transgender
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies