American government should give Black Americans reparations and part ways
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:23:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  American government should give Black Americans reparations and part ways
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: American government should give Black Americans reparations and part ways  (Read 1441 times)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2023, 04:17:08 PM »

Why does Black Americans demanding justice(including economic justice) bother people so much? It's really weird and shows how racist people are.

What bothers people is asking random taxpayers who had nothing to do with slavery to foot the bill and try to play white guilt games with them. If anything it should come from the government not individual taxpayers. Look for slavers families and go from there

Black Americans have a legitimate case against The United States government, many states, and several major corporations. What any other groups of Americans thinks doesn't really matter. It's also self-serving to say "it has nothing to do with me" but then interject a stupid opinion. If it really has nothing to do with you, shut your mouth! And if you don't like the American government and companies righting a wrongdoing go back to whatever country you or your ancestors came from.
Don't talk about it to the rest of the American people, they don't care. You can't force them to care. If you're gonna have the attitude like that, don't expect reparations to happen. You have to persuade the public, not talk down. Attitudes like yourself is why people favor separation, you can't please people like you. Resentment is caused by people like you. I hope reparations happens and whenever have to hear about stuff like this again. And if communities can't succeed after reparations, it will be telling.

Why is that Black people getting some of what was stolen from them, a cause of resentment for anybody? Answer that question honestly or shut up because you're just babbling nonsense.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2023, 04:35:30 PM »

Why does Black Americans demanding justice(including economic justice) bother people so much? It's really weird and shows how racist people are.

What bothers people is asking random taxpayers who had nothing to do with slavery to foot the bill and try to play white guilt games with them. If anything it should come from the government not individual taxpayers. Look for slavers families and go from there

Black Americans have a legitimate case against The United States government, many states, and several major corporations. What any other groups of Americans thinks doesn't really matter. It's also self-serving to say "it has nothing to do with me" but then interject a stupid opinion. If it really has nothing to do with you, shut your mouth! And if you don't like the American government and companies righting a wrongdoing go back to whatever country you or your ancestors came from.
Don't talk about it to the rest of the American people, they don't care. You can't force them to care. If you're gonna have the attitude like that, don't expect reparations to happen. You have to persuade the public, not talk down. Attitudes like yourself is why people favor separation, you can't please people like you. Resentment is caused by people like you. I hope reparations happens and whenever have to hear about stuff like this again. And if communities can't succeed after reparations, it will be telling.

Why is that Black people getting some of what was stolen from them, a cause of resentment for anybody? Answer that question honestly or shut up because you're just babbling nonsense.
I agree with you that Black Americans deserve reparations. However of the tone like yours, saying that people should shut up about it and stay out of it, that is where I disagree. Your tone. When it comes to the federal government, it's the American people's business. Especially if it comes to taxpayer money. It should come from slave owners families, not anyone else. After that, black and white America should consider separation.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2023, 04:43:48 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2023, 05:01:12 PM by GP270watch »

I agree with you that Black Americans deserve reparations. However of the tone like yours, saying that people should shut up about it and stay out of it, that is where I disagree. Your tone. When it comes to the federal government, it's the American people's business. Especially if it comes to taxpayer money. It should come from slave owners families, not anyone else. After that, black and white America should consider separation.

The American government, several states, and companies all had laws or policies that stole and/or denied Black people wealth. Black people are also taxpayers. When the government was subsidizing housing for White Americans and creating a wealth gap that exists to this day, Black people were paying taxes while being redlined. Your point is ridiculous! My tone comes from the fact that your personal opinion of reparations doesn't amount to squat. The fact you follow it up with some racist segregationist talk reveals why you find reparations to be so offensive while claiming you support it. Basically writing "give the Blacks some money, so we can wash our hands of them." Your post is condescending and stupid and then you have the nerve to talk about my tone.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2023, 05:50:14 PM »

The American government, several states, and companies all had laws or policies that stole and/or denied Black people wealth. Black people are also taxpayers. When the government was subsidizing housing for White Americans and creating a wealth gap that exists to this day, Black people were paying taxes while being redlined. Your point is ridiculous! My tone comes from the fact that your personal opinion of reparations doesn't amount to squat. The fact you follow it up with some racist segregationist talk reveals why you find reparations to be so offensive while claiming you support it. Basically writing "give the Blacks some money, so we can wash our hands of them." Your post is condescending and stupid and then you have the nerve to talk about my tone.

I know that. That is a historical fact.

Your tone is dismissing the rest of the country on the fact that you have to sell this in order for Congress to approve. That tone will make this proposal a proposal 30 years from now instead of it being stead in stone. Get my drift?

Politics is about persuasion and the tone you and other activists have increase resentment.

I don't find reparations to be offensive, I think it is the right thing to do to repair the problem, and I hope the problem is repaired once and for all. If after reparations happen and there is still problems, then it is telling on the community that reparations could not alleviate the problems.

Nothing wrong with separation, it is in human nature to align with people of the same race, religion, etc.

It's clear that blacks and whites still don't get along, why continue the charade? I want to see Black Americans get reparations, build a foundation and separate from the rest of the country and build an empire. Why would you want to live amongst white people?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2023, 06:01:45 PM »

Bronz, how do you think taxes work?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2023, 06:26:30 PM »

Imma need that check, pronto. Need to cop some gold for the 3rd great depression
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2023, 06:50:53 PM »

You are going to have to sell this to the majority of Americans. Why, how and how would it benefit the country.

Activists using racial language doesn't help. Reparations should have happened long time ago, it is sad that Black American slaves were not paid for their brutal labor.

However it is a Democratic Party problem. You would have to have a supermajority to get it done, and you would lose your majority worse than you did in 2010. That's the downside to it. But it is a moral thing to do, but you will probably have to wait for the white population to decrease in the 2040s and 2050s to get this done..

Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2023, 06:55:37 PM »

And if communities can't succeed after reparations, it will be telling.

Let's put a stop to these bad faith arguments once and for all. What will it "tell" about "communities", Bronz?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2023, 07:11:11 PM »

And if communities can't succeed after reparations, it will be telling.

Let's put a stop to these bad faith arguments once and for all. What will it "tell" about "communities", Bronz?

Reparations are meant for Black Americans to rebuild and grow strong communities. That means better police-civilian relations (question to whether there will even be a police force), etc.

If there are still underlying problems, then it shows that reparations is not a fix and it needs to come more strategically like economic focus than cultural focus.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2023, 07:17:34 PM »

If there are still underlying problems, then it shows that reparations is not a fix and it needs to come more strategically like economic focus than cultural focus.

Economic focus like reparations? Nice save, I guess it wouldn't be "telling" about "communities" like you said before you shifted the goalposts.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2023, 07:29:54 PM »

It's clear that blacks and whites still don't get along, why continue the charade? I want to see Black Americans get reparations, build a foundation and separate from the rest of the country and build an empire. Why would you want to live amongst white people?

Not everybody is obsessed with race.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2023, 08:18:48 PM »

You are going to have to sell this to the majority of Americans. Why, how and how would it benefit the country.

Activists using racial language doesn't help. Reparations should have happened long time ago, it is sad that Black American slaves were not paid for their brutal labor.

However it is a Democratic Party problem. You would have to have a supermajority to get it done, and you would lose your majority worse than you did in 2010. That's the downside to it. But it is a moral thing to do, but you will probably have to wait for the white population to decrease in the 2040s and 2050s to get this done..

The fastest growing racial bloc is Hispanics. Why would they support reparations they aren't getting?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2023, 08:24:26 PM »

Economic focus like reparations? Nice save, I guess it wouldn't be "telling" about "communities" like you said before you shifted the goalposts.

It will be telling if crime is still a nagging problem in these communities after reparations, yes. It will show that there is a cultural problem. That's facts.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2023, 08:41:47 PM »

The fastest growing racial bloc is Hispanics. Why would they support reparations they aren't getting?

Because they benefit from African American culture, like rap/hip hop. Also, Hispanic civil rights leaders in the 1960s molded their work from the Civil Rights Movement....however, this is where the Democratic Party coalition frays.

That is why I laugh when people say that Bush and Trump are the last Republican presidents, no..GOP has room to grow with Hispanics.

It is a high risk/high reward move.....Hispanics probably don't know much about Black History in the first place.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2023, 09:43:42 PM »

With an R H there isn't gonna be any reparations except CA just like they stopped all stimulus checks
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2023, 10:36:28 PM »

Because they benefit from African American culture, like rap/hip hop. Also, Hispanic civil rights leaders in the 1960s molded their work from the Civil Rights Movement....however, this is where the Democratic Party coalition frays.

It is a high risk/high reward move.....Hispanics probably don't know much about Black History in the first place.

I don't think that I've ever known someone to be as racist as you are and still support reparations. It's fascinating.

That is why I laugh when people say that Bush and Trump are the last Republican presidents,

Who is saying this?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2023, 12:07:04 AM »

African Americans (and all other Americans) would be significantly better helped through the establishment of a 21st century social safety net in the United States, particularly as divides have grown wealth-based rather than race-based (with obvious overlap) but 'alas it's probably gonna take a few more decades before the US reaches that point, in my old age if we're lucky.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2023, 05:28:57 AM »

Maybe Aliens come and get them in the Bronz spaceship.

https://fb.watch/ii3PTD81Dc/

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2023, 06:53:14 AM »

African Americans (and all other Americans) would be significantly better helped through the establishment of a 21st century social safety net in the United States, particularly as divides have grown wealth-based rather than race-based (with obvious overlap) but 'alas it's probably gonna take a few more decades before the US reaches that point, in my old age if we're lucky.

This, more or less.

We don't part ways with lifelong citizens.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies