who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:34:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war?
Iran

US/Israel

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: who would you favor in an Iran vs. US/Israel war?  (Read 12574 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: March 08, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »

It would depend on who the aggressors are in the conflict, though that would be a wee bit hard to discern given how much provocation and saber-rattling has been going on. If it were to begin with Israel deciding to bomb Iranian nuclear facilities however, I would be inclined to side with Iran but remain open to changing my mind depending on what I later learn and how events develop.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 03:20:27 PM »

lol.  Iran is surrounded by dozens of military bases, is threatened daily by the US-Israel Axis with the threat of utter annihilation, has not invaded anyone in hundreds of years... and the question of aggression is "difficult to discern".  the power of propaganda.

I already consider Israel and the United States much more aggressive in the region than is Iran,  but when I lack a thorough understanding of a particular issue from lack of adequate experience and research it seems prudent to err toward positions where the supporting rationale is offered up with terms of limited certainty. If I simply come out with a one-sided rant that backs one side or another 100% I am liable to overstep the bounds of my limited knowledge.

I am also aware of the heavily slanted, negative portrayal of Iran in the States, but that does not mean that Iran is blameless, either. The rest of the post you quoted from included my intention to remain flexible on the issue so that as I receive, analyze, and eventually synthesize more facts I won't be tempted to dogmatically cling to my original stance. If you want to laugh about it that is alright, but I am trying to be modest and not overestimate my ability to weigh in on the subject assertively without making a fool of myself. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies