Prince Harry to serve in Iraq
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:39:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Prince Harry to serve in Iraq
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should he
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Prince Harry to serve in Iraq  (Read 2348 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 30, 2006, 02:20:07 AM »

I say No--some think he'll endanger other troops around him & I agree.  My appologies if I got the name wrong.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 03:27:43 AM »

He's a member of the British armed forces and the British armed forces are engaged in Iraq. If his regiment is serving, he must too.

That said, this is the first i've heard of this.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 04:13:45 AM »

Honestly, I have respect for Harry, inspite of his short comings... I hope that he is the next king of the Commonwealth, he is far better than his brother.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 10:23:27 AM »

He's a member of the British armed forces and the British armed forces are engaged in Iraq. If his regiment is serving, he must too.

That said, this is the first i've heard of this.

Like I said, I may have gotten the name wrong, but that is irrelivent to the poll.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:21:45 PM »

Why not? In days gone by, Kings and Princes were warriors who led the troops on the field let alone serve alongside them

Prince Harry's uncle, Prince Andrew, served on HMS Invincible during the Falklands War

Just because he is a member of the Royal Family, it doesn't excuse Harry serving in Iraq

Dave
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 03:44:23 PM »

Respect.

If only the Bush twins would sign up and ship out.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »

The very idea that such a person could 'serve' in any meaninful sense is comical.  He would be - as he is in every aspect of life - served in Iraq. 

The British upper classes always hang around behind the lines, ordering the men to their deaths.  I would have more respect for them if they disported themselves hedonistically at home, jeering at the troops - it would more honestly reflect the status quo.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 01:47:35 AM »

The very idea that such a person could 'serve' in any meaninful sense is comical.  He would be - as he is in every aspect of life - served in Iraq. 

The British upper classes always hang around behind the lines, ordering the men to their deaths.  I would have more respect for them if they disported themselves hedonistically at home, jeering at the troops - it would more honestly reflect the status quo.

Wow... you obviously have no knowledge of the current Royal Families history of military service.  Say what you will about them in other areas, they have always served admirably.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 01:48:06 AM »

Why not? In days gone by, Kings and Princes were warriors who led the troops on the field let alone serve alongside them

Prince Harry's uncle, Prince Andrew, served on HMS Invincible during the Falklands War

Just because he is a member of the Royal Family, it doesn't excuse Harry serving in Iraq

Dave

But this war is different.  It seems like he'll be a target.

Let's put it this way--I wouldn't want to be serving right next to him.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 02:41:10 AM »

Congrats again for having no clue about history whatsoever.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 04:37:07 AM »

Dave
He was a heliocopter pilot right?...what sort of missions did he do?

I mean, other than the Invincible being in range of the exocet and Venticenco de mayo (carrier)...was he really in harms way?

Not a rhetorical question, just no idea...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 08:08:32 AM »

Wow... you obviously have no knowledge of the current Royal Families history of military service.  Say what you will about them in other areas, they have always served admirably.

Congrats again for having no clue about history whatsoever.

I'm well aware they were served as officers: as I said all the aristocrats hung around behind the lines ordering commoners to their deaths.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 12:45:26 PM »

Well he's a soldier so he should, he just better dress in the right uniform..

However, the symbolic need to protect him might make him a distraction.

As well as a danger to other soldiers should he be placed on regular patrol duty (which is the norm for his new rank and # of men under his command)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 01:02:18 PM »

With a bit of luck, the british royal family will get rid of this rotten branch.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 02:35:18 PM »

I'm friends with a guy who fought in the Falklands and trained Andrew- he was a joke.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

I'm friends with a guy who fought in the Falklands and trained Andrew- he was a joke...

...who looks nothing like his official father. Not that I'm implying anything here, obviously.
Just making an entirely innocent observation.

Ahem.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 04:01:45 PM »

Well he's a soldier so he should, he just better dress in the right uniform..

However, the symbolic need to protect him might make him a distraction.

As well as a danger to other soldiers should he be placed on regular patrol duty (which is the norm for his new rank and # of men under his command)

That's what I've been saying--and that's been the main argument by the people the media has interviewed.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 03:33:22 PM »

I'm friends with a guy who fought in the Falklands and trained Andrew- he was a joke...

...who looks nothing like his official father. Not that I'm implying anything here, obviously.
Just making an entirely innocent observation.

Ahem.

Al, are you possibly suggesting that there is, dare I say it, Corruption in the honourable HRH's family? Well I AM SHOCKED AND APPALED. Wink

As for Harry, hopefully this will sort him out after that 'Nazi' incident.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies