Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:34:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 347724 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: May 10, 2021, 12:34:49 PM »

I am shocked Chase didn’t win.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 12:49:07 PM »

Anyway... this is exactly how Marjorie Taylor Greene would go down in flames if she decides to run statewide. You can be as "Trumpy" as you wish, but if you have an XX chromosome and/or severely lack charisma, you're out.
Good point, for a second I forgot a lot of Trumpism requires being a male to work.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 05:33:33 PM »

Every Democrat in Virginia should unite and vote for TMac in the primary. We must do all we can to prevent Lee Carter from being the nominee. Lee Carter would be destroyed. Oh and of course.. our rapist Lt. Governor.

It would be nice if the other candidates dropped out today, and endorsed TMAC before Youngkin is able to blast the airwaves and build up an insurmountable lead. We’ll see how many of them actually value keeping the far-right out of power over continuing their divisive vanity campaigns though.

Basically I think the HoD is a toss up with McAufflie.

My predictions are:

Tmac by 3 over Youngkin

Jennifer Carol Foy or Jennifer Mcclellan would lose to Youngkin by 7 to 10.

Fairfax or Carter by atleast 15 points losing to Youngkin.
You’ve spent way too much time in the ‘reopen schools’ echo chamber.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 01:07:06 PM »

Of note: in CNN's new national poll out today, Biden's approval is 58/42 among White College+, which could certainly make the midterms (and this race) very interesting.

Overall approval is 50/49 (nationally).
TRENDS ARE REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 04:37:52 PM »

Useful chart

This is easily the most useless chart on this page.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 04:40:40 PM »

Traveling to a rich white part of Henrico this weekend to see some family members. I will update on anecdotal evidence (yard signs, what I hear people say) even though anecdotal evidence is usually useless.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 09:33:07 AM »

It will be so funny when this ends up being a McAuliffe +1-2 victory and both Democratic and Republican hacks on here have egg on their face.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 09:35:32 AM »

It will be so funny when this ends up being a McAuliffe +1-2 victory and both Democratic and Republican hacks on here have egg on their face.

and what happens if it's a strong McAuliffe win? Will you have egg on your face?
I still have egg on my face I’m washing off from 2020. So presumably nothing changes.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 02:41:59 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2021, 02:45:45 PM by Forumlurker »

Question: on what issues was doug jones more in tune with alabama than youngkin is with virginia, that allowed him to win in a much more hardcore state?
I dunno, something about his opponent being a literal pedophile.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 05:26:22 PM »

The sleeping giant is waking up.

That's a sign of voter suppression. Nobody should have to wait that long to vote.
While true, it also means people are turning out.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2021, 11:25:58 AM »

The issue for Youngkin is that much like how he twisted McAuliffe's words on teachers/schools, McAuliffe can easily use Youngkins simple "no" to say he doesn't support same-sex marriage.
VA-2004: “My opponent supports same-sex marriage!”
VA-2021: “My opponent doesn’t support same sex marriage!”
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2021, 12:04:37 PM »

Even Liz Cheney, who represents one of the most conservative states in the country, supports same sex marriage.

“I personally am opposed, but I don’t think there should be laws against it” is a reasonable belief. My guess is that when you combine the amount of people who oppose SSM in VA with the amount of people who oppose it personally but not legally, you get close to half the state population

Non issue
I mean that’s my stance and I am a partisan Democrat.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2021, 03:28:10 PM »

I just drove through some heavily Korean neighborhoods in Annandale (Fairfax County) on the way to a restaurant.

I have never seen such a high concentration of political signs in one place - literally every house had Youngkin signs up. My anecdotal conclusion is that NoVA Asians are breaking hard for Youngkin. It also feels like the Youngkin campaign is very well organized in the community.
Oh sh-
I thought suburban East Asians would swing D over time, but dang. Thanks for the update!
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2021, 03:56:53 PM »

I just drove through some heavily Korean neighborhoods in Annandale (Fairfax County) on the way to a restaurant.

I have never seen such a high concentration of political signs in one place - literally every house had Youngkin signs up. My anecdotal conclusion is that NoVA Asians are breaking hard for Youngkin. It also feels like the Youngkin campaign is very well organized in the community.

I've noticed many Asians and Latinos at his rallies and events.  There are actually a few Korean videos that I saw expressing support for Youngkin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hPgq55iuLc

The video you linked is in Chinese, not Korean.

Also, you did not describe the TJ admissions changes accurately. There are no "quotas', although the Asian % did drop. The new system is a random lottery for those who meet a certain GPA threshold.

Interestingly enough the video title is written in Traditional Chinese characters. But yeah, I wouldn't expect any less from a Trumpist who doesn't necessarily have skin in the game.
I’m sensing Taiwanese misinfo media.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2021, 11:34:09 AM »

McAuliffe has now won the election as undoubtedly the voters will go to the polls and punish Youngkin for the actions of Liberty University
MATTY OWNED.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »

Safe D Lynchburg. But Likely R Loudoun.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2021, 11:30:39 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2021, 07:11:00 PM by Brittain33 »

The real question now is whether Chesterfield County flips to the Republicans or not.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2021, 07:28:28 PM »

The fact that the democrats in Virginia don’t want parents involved in their kid’s education is horrifying and I hope the voters of Virginia punish them for it

This is just such a bizarre talking point. How do you even dignify crap like this with an argument?

The reason it’s a crap argument is because Virginia Democrats deserve to get punished by their voters for handing over the keys of the redistricting power to the Republicans. What could have been an 8-3 Democratic map is probably going to be a 6-5 R map next year.
That...is a completely separate issue lmao
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2021, 06:15:03 AM »

This is easily one of the most uncertain elections I have watched in terms of possible ranges.
I would not be surprised if TMac won by double digits, I would not be surprising if Youngkin won by over 5%.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2021, 08:45:15 AM »

Unpopular opinion: It is just as likely that TMAC wins by a greater than Northam margin as it is that Youngkin wins.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2021, 02:34:12 PM »

Youngkin is leading in fundraising in the South Hampton’s by 50%

I wonder why the rest of Virginia isn’t shown?Huh 🤔
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2021, 02:35:58 PM »

It will be hilarious if TMac wins easily and Atlas ONCE AGAIN is caught failing in their predictions.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2021, 03:42:03 PM »

What an odd situation...This just made an already bizarre election even weirder. I'm confused. Something fishy is going on with this but I'm not quite sure whether the Dems or the GOP look worse with this story.

How could this story possibly make the Republican Party look bad?

If it's proven that the whole story of Democrats posing is a lie, that could make the GOP seem a lot less trustworthy.

I'm personally at a loss right now as to who's side of the story to believe. I have to wait for more details to make a proper judgement of the situation.
Honestly who even knows. This race has been so f**king bizarre already, it makes Florida elections look chill.
I wouldn’t be surprised by a Youngkin double digit win OR a TMac double digit win at this point.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2021, 03:46:37 PM »

Anyways to sum up my thoughts on this entire race, CHILL OUT!
Just accept this is a very uncertain race, there has been insufficient polling in a time when we don’t even know how accurate polling is given the 2020 failures and the failures of GA runoffs/CA recall. Let’s just appreciate what a ride this has been and not reach any conclusions until the votes are in. Early voting data looks better for Dems than polls show but that easily could be a mirage. Anyone saying “Youngkin will win” or “TMac will win” is rushing given what little good data we have. Fwiw I think TMac pulls it off, but I could easily be wrong and that’s okay.
I also would caution against using this race to predict midterms because the environment EASILY could be better OR worse.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2021, 06:23:54 PM »

So many stupid hot takes in here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies