Reflecting on Areas Where Trump Did Better. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:48:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Reflecting on Areas Where Trump Did Better. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reflecting on Areas Where Trump Did Better.  (Read 1226 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: June 29, 2021, 10:47:37 PM »

Bush did better in many majority-minority areas, not just limited to Hispanics but also Asians and African-Americans, why? Going forward will the 2008 nominee expand upon these gains?

Fixed for 2005

This would suggest that 2024 will be a decisive Democratic win, and that's possible, but not very likely.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 11:12:34 PM »

Bush did better in many majority-minority areas, not just limited to Hispanics but also Asians and African-Americans, why? Going forward will the 2008 nominee expand upon these gains?

Fixed for 2005

This would suggest that 2024 will be a decisive Democratic win, and that's possible, but not very likely.

How does it suggest that?  His point seems to be that one election does not equal a trend and things can snap back. 

I'm certainly aware of this, but there seems to be some on here who think that the Republicans are still destined to be a permanent minority in the long run.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 06:56:07 PM »

Fixed for 2005

How does it suggest that?  His point seems to be that one election does not equal a trend and things can snap back.  

I'm certainly aware of this, but there seems to be some on here who think that the Republicans are still destined to be a permanent minority in the long run.

And there seems to be some on here who think that the Republicans are still destined to get massive minority swings for the foreseeable future because of one election.

You're right. I don't believe in either extreme. I actually noted the other day that I still don't understand why Trump made the gains among black voters that he did last year.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies