OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:03:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 75
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 95672 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: June 26, 2022, 09:24:01 PM »

in a D+8 year (2018) popular incumbent Sherrod Brown had to spend over 30 MILLION to under perform his polling by large margins against a heavily disliked candidate.

Tim Ryan is gonna get boat raced.
Everybody except for delusional clowns like OC and Minnesota Mike knows this.

I feel like once a month I have to log in out of nowhere and tell Olawokandi that Tim Ryan is gonna get slaughtered, its like my job at this point
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #1301 on: June 26, 2022, 10:04:24 PM »

in a D+8 year (2018) popular incumbent Sherrod Brown had to spend over 30 MILLION to under perform his polling by large margins against a heavily disliked candidate.

I feel like once a month I have to log in out of nowhere and tell Olawokandi that Tim Ryan is gonna get slaughtered, its like my job at this point
You misinterpret his sacred teachings.
Rjjr77
« Reply #1302 on: June 26, 2022, 10:06:07 PM »

You misinterpret his sacred teachings.

I'll gladly play Pontius Pilate to Olawakandi's Jesus if thats what it takes
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1303 on: June 26, 2022, 10:53:01 PM »

Not sure what is the bigger insult, being called a "delusional clown" or being lumped in with that particular poster Smiley

For the record what margin would be considered "getting boat raced"? 
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1304 on: June 26, 2022, 10:59:30 PM »

OC is not a clown.. he's just a long-term and very committed troll.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1305 on: June 27, 2022, 01:57:58 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2022, 02:20:33 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Rs are losing in every swing state who is the troll who has Rs favored in the 3o3 map lol , in this Environment like in 2010 Rs should be leading in every swing state they can't even lead with OZ in PA and you endorsed OZ whom has a 37 percent Approvals

Vance has lost two straight polls 44/41 to Ryan and so has DeSantis to Crist,, I am not making numbers up or pie in the sky
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1306 on: June 27, 2022, 02:40:52 AM »

Lol , Vance is losing 44/41 in the most recent poll
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1307 on: June 27, 2022, 03:57:04 AM »

Like Christian Bale's character in The Prestige
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1308 on: July 08, 2022, 08:25:35 AM »

Still very unlikely that Ryan wins, but at least he won't get completely blown out like Strickland did:
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1309 on: July 08, 2022, 08:36:36 AM »

Damn. Well he's certainly Dems best possible chance.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #1310 on: July 08, 2022, 09:15:08 AM »

This could be a race. It'll take an implosion from Vance that we haven't quite seen yet and an improved national environment, but this is getting close to "flips before NC" territory.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1311 on: July 08, 2022, 09:24:37 AM »

How much of that fundraising was in-state? Very funny to see "white Rust Belt man" become the Democratic equivalent of black female Republican in terms of fundraising from the poorly informed.

Fetterman would be in the same boat if he weren't facing an even more absurd version of the same strategy from Republicans, in a more favorable state.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #1312 on: July 08, 2022, 10:38:43 AM »

I am still very skeptical that Ryan can win, but even Ohioans aren't programmed little robots who just respond to national conditions.

JD Vance is just about the worst candidate they could come up with--MAGA extremist positions that will alienate educated but otherwise conservative voters coupled with Ivy League snobbery that will alienate working class people. Do we really think this guy is gonna get Trump like support from union workers? I have doubts.

People always forget that while JD was being nationally feted for his book, actual Appalachians were pretty pissed off about how it made them look. He's a phony just like Dr. Oz. The only question is how many Ohioans will hold their nose and vote for him bc they are against the democrats? Most certainly enough to get by, but definitely not enough to make this race safe for Republicans (yet)
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #1313 on: July 08, 2022, 10:59:53 AM »

This is legitimately so atrocious it has to be some kind of paperwork quirk or error, right?
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1314 on: July 08, 2022, 11:20:29 AM »

This has to be a typo.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1315 on: July 08, 2022, 11:48:23 AM »

What does a Dem path to victory royale even look like in Ohio at this point? In 2018 for instance, Codray's map was already pretty impressive, and he still lost by 4, and a Brown level performance isn't very realistic in pretty much any nationalized race.

Anyways still Likely R; what I'm watching for is if the race is held closer than 2020 pres and if so by how much.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1316 on: July 08, 2022, 01:10:56 PM »

I think when we compare Ryan to Dem disappointments for Senate in Tennessee, Texas, South Carolina, and Kansas, it does matter that Ohio has voted Democratic for statewide federal elections in recent memory, for Brown and Obama, and none of those other states where Dems briefly had polling hopium had done so in ages. Yes, Trump won by a lot in 2020, and Ohio is huge in non-college white voters who have been swinging Republican, but it shouldn’t be unthinkable that a Democrat would be competitive in the right circumstances.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1317 on: July 08, 2022, 01:15:14 PM »

I know and Beasley, Crist are tied and Beto and Franken are 5 down , just look at the track record, Barnes is up by 2 everyone a D leads in a swing state here come the users like in PA Mastriano or Oz or Blake Masters can win but when Ryan or WARNOCK or  Beasley leads oh it's Safe R, lol it's the same rules apply it's 150 days till EDay
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1318 on: July 08, 2022, 01:35:22 PM »

This is legitimately so atrocious it has to be some kind of paperwork quirk or error, right?
It's first quarter.. i.e before he was the nominee.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1319 on: July 08, 2022, 01:44:06 PM »

That doesn’t make that number any better
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1320 on: July 08, 2022, 01:49:07 PM »

It's a poor number, but obviously it's not reflective of his fundraising during the general campaign which the tweet was trying to suggest.. he was languishing in single digits during the primary before trump endorsed him.. which this fundraising period covers.

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1321 on: July 08, 2022, 04:12:40 PM »

I still expect Vance to win easily, but the fact that he's not campaigning is not good.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1322 on: July 08, 2022, 07:06:57 PM »

It's a poor number, but obviously it's not reflective of his fundraising during the general campaign which the tweet was trying to suggest.. he was languishing in single digits during the primary before trump endorsed him.. which this fundraising period covers.

I work in campaign fundraising… even for someone in that position, that’s atrocious.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1323 on: July 08, 2022, 07:14:24 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/j-d-vance-on-abortion-states-need-to-figure-this-stuff-out-143672389727

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1324 on: July 08, 2022, 07:33:59 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2022, 07:38:40 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Fetterman and Ryan and Barnes are our best pickups they all lead this OH is Lean R is just not true partisan trends aren't the same in every Election some think just because Trump win OH it's a red state, Obama won OH 2xs and Bill Clinton did two and Bush W and Trump flipped it from D to R it flips back and forth

Lincoln won OH and Grant and Hayes and then Wilson, FDR and Truman won it and Clinton and Obama won it and then Reagan and Bush W and Trump won it's a classic Purple State

Of course Brown and Strickland won OH and then Kasich and DeWine won it

IA is swingy too, Grassley is only 5 pts ahead and he has won every election by double digits, some of it is Reynolds fatigue but Reynolds is staying as Gov like DeWine but they can split their votes for Gov and Senate
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies