Who killed JFK?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:37:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Who killed JFK?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who killed JFK?
Lee Oswald acted alone

CIA

KGB

Mossad

Pro Castro Cubans

Anti Castro Cubans

KKK

Boston Mafia

Chicago Mafia

LBJ

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Who killed JFK?  (Read 6193 times)
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2024, 12:55:10 AM »
« edited: March 07, 2024, 01:25:55 AM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

Occam’s Razor strongly suggests that it was Led Harvey Oswald acting alone.

One person with a gun can kill a lot of people, as Americans today know all too well—why not an ex-Marine? Dealey Plaza is pretty small, and JFK’s head was exposed. Moreover, Kennedy was wearing a brace for his bad back, and the presidential limousine was moving slowly at the time of the assassination so as to let the cheering crowds get a glimpse of him and Jackie. He was a sitting duck.

And Oswald’s biography is that of a violent, abusive, and generally unstable individual who felt entitled to far more respect and recognition than he deserved. He had already tried to kill General Edwin Walker (though crucially, that was not known at the time) and after killing Kennedy and wounding Connally he murdered a cop who had approached him because his appearance matched witnesses’ description of the shooter, and then when he was arrested for Officer Tippit’s murder the police had to pull the same gun from his hand that had been used to shoot Tippit.

Oswald was the only employee of the Book Depository unaccounted for after JFK’s assassination. He owned the rifle that was found at a window on an upper floor of the Book Depository.  Most witnesses to the JFK assassination said they had heard three shots, and likewise a majority also said that the shots had come from the direction of the Book Depository.

Yes, Oswald had said after being arrested that he was "just a patsy.” He also said “I guess everyone will know who I am now.” And the police detective who interrogated him caught him in multiple lies, even as Oswald came across as rather calm, unemotional, and outright arrogant during the interrogation. Does that sound like an innocent man?

Finally, even after 60 years and counting, no one has been able to connect Oswald to a conspiracy of any kind to kill JFK. Again, Occam’s Razor.

Has the track record of 'Occam's Razor' ever been checked out?

I understand it's shown itself to be valuable in theoretical physics, but humans/group dynamics can be much more complex.

Also, since Oswald never had a trial, none of these claims have been tested in court.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2024, 04:28:41 AM »

Sid Vicious
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2024, 07:03:49 AM »

Wow, vicious.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2024, 07:49:11 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2024, 09:40:28 AM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

If anybody has the time and enough interest

ON TRIAL: LEE HARVEY OSWALD" is a made-for-TV "docu-trial" that was filmed in England in 1986. The mock trial featured U.S. lawyers Vincent Bugliosi and Gerry Spence.

Taking the witness stand during the trial were several of the actual witnesses to the events associated with the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy and the murder of policeman J.D. Tippit.

This video series includes the 5-hour version of the trial that originally aired on the Showtime cable-TV network in November 1986.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0O5WNzrZqIOubam491Q_OKBOBzfH7RDi

I've seen about 1 hours worth and I highly recommend it.

From what I've seen so far, the fifth video is probably the most important. It's of Eugene Boone who was the officer who found the gun.

He is the one who says he initially misidentified the gun as a German Mauser rather than the Italian Carcano. Apparently 'Mauser' is a generic term for German bolt action rifles but these German rifles and the Carcano don't look all that similar but Boone said that he wasn't a gun expert.

He said that he could only identify the gun later in the possession of the FBI as the same type of gun he saw (an Italian Carcano) but could not positively identify it as the same gun on the 6th floor of the school book depository as there were no identifying marks.

He said that he also checked out the grassy knoll as a number of people told him they heard shots fired from there but could not find any (gun) powder burns on the foliage, but admitted that he could not find any powder burns in the room where the rifle was found either.

The defense attorney, Gerry Spence, made a fairly big deal of how the Carcano seemed to be left where it could be easily seen as well as that there were shell casings to the left of the gun, even though spent shell casings fall to the right of a Carcano. I don't know if there is anything to be made from these things as if Oswald did do the shooting (or whoever else might have fired from there) would certainly have left in a hurry and not taken time to hide the rifle and might have kicked the casings as he left.

I remember Gerry Spence on television in the 1980s, he was a very colorful person.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2024, 06:10:53 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2024, 06:41:30 PM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

My personal view is that Lee (Harvey) Oswald didn't kill Kennedy, the gun killed Kennedy.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2024, 11:03:03 PM »

Coincidental timing, for anybody who wants to hear 'all sides' even if the side is in another universe, this is on tonight:

Coast to Coast Am (radio program on 'terrestrial' radio)
Hosted by:
Richard Syrett

Director Oliver Stone has been researching the JFK assassination for years. Stone says his documentary Through the Looking Glass is an important bookend to his 1991 film, "JFK." Stone, along with researcher James DiEugenio, join Richard Syrett for the latest news and updates regarding the truth behind one of America's darkest moments when President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, TX.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2024, 11:41:57 AM »

1991 JFK said Ruby was in on it no way can all three bullets hit JFK from the back successfully and Jack Ruby was found at the Book Depository right after the Assassination

In addition to that Ruby and Oswald were part of Mob or Mafia tied to Nixon and Rs like Frank Sinatra was tied to Reagan not Da
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2024, 02:32:55 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2024, 02:54:04 PM by All Along The Watchtower »

I just wanted to address this:

It is known that the CIA led by Allan Dulles and the Mafia jointly attempted to assassinate at least Castro and the CIA assassinated other world leaders, so it certainly wouldn't be a stretch for them to assassinate Kennedy.

First, the Mafia wasn’t part of the CIA, though yes, the CIA did use them as assets in assassination plots against Castro.

Second, the CIA’s covert action programs (which is what the assassination plots against foreign leaders like Castro were) are run out of the National Security Council, not Langley. IOW, when conducting covert action, the CIA functions as an instrument of the White House via the NSC. I’ll note that most of the NSC-approved assassination plots against foreign leaders happened during the Kennedy administration.

Third, declassified documents over the decades have revealed that the Kennedy brothers (Jack and Bobby) were deeply involved in said assassination plots against Castro and other foreign leaders. JFK was no enemy of Langley. And CIA officials themselves have acknowledged this; I think it was Richard Helms, CIA Director under Johnson and Nixon, who said “the CIA never had a better friend” than Kennedy.

Which brings me to my final point; it would be a massive stretch (literally treason) for the CIA to murder their own boss, as opposed to Communist or Communist-sympathizing foreign leaders or in a few cases (Trujillo and Diem—both killed during JFK’s Presidency) anti-Communist dictators who were increasingly becoming liabilities for the US. All of which happened in the context of the Cold War, obviously.

Was there tension between Kennedy and the CIA? Absolutely, especially early on during the Bay of Pigs fiasco. Just like there has been tension between the CIA and every President over the Agency’s existence with the possible exception of ex-CIA Director George H.W. Bush—but then again, he’s the exception that proves the rule, since under Bush the Cold War ended, the Soviet Union collapsed, and the CIA lost a lot of employees and funding (which it didn’t recover from until well after 9/11).

There have also long been periods of tension between Presidents and the military, as well as between Presidents and the State Department, and between Presidents and the FBI, and…
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2024, 11:09:11 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2024, 01:28:34 AM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

I just wanted to address this:

It is known that the CIA led by Allan Dulles and the Mafia jointly attempted to assassinate at least Castro and the CIA assassinated other world leaders, so it certainly wouldn't be a stretch for them to assassinate Kennedy.

First, the Mafia wasn’t part of the CIA, though yes, the CIA did use them as assets in assassination plots against Castro.

Second, the CIA’s covert action programs (which is what the assassination plots against foreign leaders like Castro were) are run out of the National Security Council, not Langley. IOW, when conducting covert action, the CIA functions as an instrument of the White House via the NSC. I’ll note that most of the NSC-approved assassination plots against foreign leaders happened during the Kennedy administration.

Third, declassified documents over the decades have revealed that the Kennedy brothers (Jack and Bobby) were deeply involved in said assassination plots against Castro and other foreign leaders. JFK was no enemy of Langley. And CIA officials themselves have acknowledged this; I think it was Richard Helms, CIA Director under Johnson and Nixon, who said “the CIA never had a better friend” than Kennedy.

Which brings me to my final point; it would be a massive stretch (literally treason) for the CIA to murder their own boss, as opposed to Communist or Communist-sympathizing foreign leaders or in a few cases (Trujillo and Diem—both killed during JFK’s Presidency) anti-Communist dictators who were increasingly becoming liabilities for the US. All of which happened in the context of the Cold War, obviously.

Was there tension between Kennedy and the CIA? Absolutely, especially early on during the Bay of Pigs fiasco. Just like there has been tension between the CIA and every President over the Agency’s existence with the possible exception of ex-CIA Director George H.W. Bush—but then again, he’s the exception that proves the rule, since under Bush the Cold War ended, the Soviet Union collapsed, and the CIA lost a lot of employees and funding (which it didn’t recover from until well after 9/11).

There have also long been periods of tension between Presidents and the military, as well as between Presidents and the State Department, and between Presidents and the FBI, and…

1.I think I made it clear that the CIA and the Mafia were separate organizations since I said that they 'jointly' attempted to assassinate, at least, Castro.

I think I was so clear that I'm not sure why you would even insinuate anything otherwise, but I'll leave it at that.

2.I think that it is quite clear that the CIA 'went rogue' at this time with such programs as trying to kill Castro with an exploding cigar and attempting to cause his beard to fall off. (I know at least some of that was part of Operation Mongoose, but I don't believe Kennedy was informed of every attempt of the CIA against Castro.) Other programs like this, as part of Operation Chaos (of which MK Ultra was a part) were all part of CIA rogue operations. Of course, I'm not claiming that Kennedy opposed any of these things or even knew about any of them. The CIA, destroyed many of its records on its covert programs, though as the sayings go 'every document is in triplicate' and 'every document has a cousin' there have to be CIA documents on these things scattered all over in boxes and filing cabinets.

Although officially Operation Chaos did not begin until 1967, MK Ultra, for instance started in 1953. So, neither you nor I have any way of knowing what rogue operations the CIA was engaged in that weren't done through the official channels. Of course, that in no way is any evidence that the CIA was engaged in any rogue programs to assassinate or undermine foreign leaders yet alone domestic leaders, however...

3.You neglected to mention Kennedy fired the psychopath Allen Dulles, the former head of the CIA, which I believe is what I wrote to begin with, that elements in the CIA allied with/loyal to the fired psychopath Allen Dulles and the Chicago Mafia assassinated Kennedy. Certainly we know that organizations like the CIA and the FBI aren't a monolith, but that there are officers in those agencies who have their own agendas not necessarily approved by of or connected to the official organization.

4.I don't like to put words in other people's mouths, but if you are going to say that I'm playing a bit loose with the evidence making possibly vague connections, it's certainly also the case that Richard Helms saying "the CIA never had a better friend" than Kennedy.

A.Can be a reference from Helms to any number of CIA programs, and not necessarily related to the assassination of foreign leaders as you mentioned before that. For all you know, Helms may have said that simply to deflect from the accusations that the CIA assassinated Kennedy. CIA officers are paid to lie, I don't think any statement like that should be taken at face value.

B.Is not necessarily and, given that Kennedy fired him, is very unlikely to be the opinion of the psychopath Allen Dulles, which, I think, is the far more important opinion here than the opinion of the person who was the head of the CIA after Kennedy was no longer the President.

5.The CIA served two Presidents prior to Kennedy - Truman and Eisenhower. So, in terms of tensions between the President and the CIA...  It is entirely possible since the assassination of Kennedy, using basic game theory, that the CIA Director (or Deputy Director) might well say to the incoming President, even if the CIA had nothing to do with Kennedy's assassination, just in passing, 'by the way, don't forget what happened to Kennedy.'

In terms of the resolution of the tensions between the President and the CIA that might help resolve them in favor of the CIA, that could certainly explain why the CIA (or elements in it) wouldn't have to have assassinated a President since Kennedy.

I think much of the rest of what you said there can be similarly dismissed, the United States did not have much of a standing army prior to World War II, and certainly it's well known that J. Edgar Hoover blackmailed Presidents.

6.As to it being treason, since this is about one person and his supporters, the psychopath Allen Dulles, what really matters here is who or what was Dulles loyal to? If Dulles saw his loyalty to extreme anti Communism of the John Birch Society variety, then I doubt that he would have seen killing Kennedy as disloyal or treasonous in any way.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2024, 11:29:29 PM »

Oliver Stone said on Coast to Coast that new analysis of the Zapruder film show that the shots came from straight above.

I, for one, welcome our alien overlords.

(No, Oliver Stone didn't actually say that, but it wouldn't have been a surprise to me if he had.)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2024, 12:02:35 PM »

We can suspect whom killed JFK there was no Trial but suspected were Khruchev, Hoover, Ruby and Oswald and Mafia.
Ruby and Oswald were part of the Mafia, but we improved the secret service of Prez, no Prez ever got killed that way again because it's called bullet proof automobile

JFK was warned about his security anyways and he closed to ride in an open limo in Dallas TX
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2024, 04:45:05 PM »

Wokeness
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length