Inks.LWC v. Governor of the Mideast (Benconstine) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:31:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Inks.LWC v. Governor of the Mideast (Benconstine) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Inks.LWC v. Governor of the Mideast (Benconstine)  (Read 4533 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« on: September 06, 2008, 06:44:11 PM »

I have to agree with what seems to be the majority opinion here, you can not count a ballot that was done in the wrong format.  I advise a complete revote from start to finish.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:07:31 AM »

I have to agree with what seems to be the majority opinion here, you can not count a ballot that was done in the wrong format.  I advise a complete revote from start to finish.
In that case, I don't know if I can do this but someone with standing (cough, Inks, cough) should move to have this go to the Supreme Court as HappyWarrior has a clear conflict of interest.

And what conflict is that?  Do you think I would honestly allow something to conflict with my interpretation of the law?  Frankly I am offended.

But the ballot was done in no format at all.  He simply put up a list.  The law never states that you have to explain what form of voting is to be used.  Is this an official ruling from you?

If so, what all does the Governor have to say in terms of instructions on how to vote?

EDIT: Also, if this is an official ruling, then the same would go for the Lt. Governor election, and as the Constitution states, preferential voting is to be used.  You would have to invalidate the Lt. Governor's election results as well.

Then so be it, hold a new Lt. Governor election if need be.  However I believe(at least this is how it worked in my term) that when a Lt. Governor is Appointed rather than elected, a simple yea or nay is all that is required.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies