Your State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:26:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Your State
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your State  (Read 1617 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2020, 10:12:05 PM »

Lots pf people only social distancing at their convenience and not when they have to wait 5 seconds for somebody to move.

Lots of young male idiots packing themselves into Honda Civics and cruising aroumd town due to boredom, using publoc washrooms, touching door handles and spreading the virus.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 07:58:01 PM »

Northern VA here.

Hogan seems to be taking a higher profile than Northam. Most people are wearing masks and gasp... little traffic.

I am partially furloguhed (work in hospitality) but most of my co workers are glad that Northam has the stay at home order until June 10th. Our thinking is this, "if we open to early we will not have a job after a month again".

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2020, 09:26:49 PM »

Summary of my hometown in Perth, Western Australia:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-26/life-in-perth-during-a-global-coronavirus-pandemic-in-photos/12174454

We locked our borders, and then introduced zones within the state to reduce travel.

5 new diagnosed cases in the last week has people screaming for ease of restrictions.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2020, 11:10:28 AM »

Certainly different down in El Paso County, where I live. Here, you have a sizable minority (if not a majority) of people who want the economy to reopen. But that's not completely surprising, given El Paso County's reputation as a Republican stronghold and conservative bastion. Most people around here disapprove of Polis, and thus disapprove of his response by default.

Fellow El Paso County resident here. This assessment sounds about right. Many people’s attitude seems to be “f**k Jared Polis and the Denver liberals for telling us what to do.”
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2020, 11:18:44 AM »

Upstate SC, Greenville suburbs here. People are going out just about as much as normal if traffic is any indication. Good amount of masks though and very few crowds. Churches may still be pretty bad with that though, except for this one “drive thru church, pray from your car” place
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2020, 04:57:10 PM »

Certainly different down in El Paso County, where I live. Here, you have a sizable minority (if not a majority) of people who want the economy to reopen. But that's not completely surprising, given El Paso County's reputation as a Republican stronghold and conservative bastion. Most people around here disapprove of Polis, and thus disapprove of his response by default.

Fellow El Paso County resident here. This assessment sounds about right. Many people’s attitude seems to be “f**k Jared Polis and the Denver liberals for telling us what to do.”

Which is greatly unfortunate. You may have seen my other posts discussing my experiences at the Home Depot I work at here in Colorado Springs. Most of the employees were not wearing masks until Polis' order was issued last week. Several of them have said that the pandemic has been overblown, want the economy to reopen, and have complained about having to wear the masks. It is something.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2020, 08:24:34 PM »

Should have become a state along with Puerto Rico in 1898. #CubaLibre
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2020, 10:15:20 PM »

It's like a ghost-town in Philly.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2020, 12:17:48 AM »

Upstate SC, Greenville suburbs here. People are going out just about as much as normal if traffic is any indication. Good amount of masks though and very few crowds. Churches may still be pretty bad with that though, except for this one “drive thru church, pray from your car” place
McMaster did idiotically decide to reopen public beaches and people are being idiotic about it. Thankfully several of the biggest beach towns like Myrtle and Hilton Head refused to open, but in Garden City where they did reopen...

Yeah. Now iirc the spread did peak on the 25th, but that doesn't mean to go back to normal immediately! I'm thankful that the upstate doesn't have beaches, but I have a bad feeling that April 25th won't end up being the ultimate peak.
Image Source
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2020, 12:30:00 AM »

Ummm, not yesterday....there were huge gatherings on every street. I saw a football game happening in Marconi. Friend was texting me furiously about all the idiots doing everything wrong who are only going to make this go on for so much longer. I saw people huddled on almost every residential block just for to get some sort of human contact rather than being indoors and having human contact (which is better - but still the direct opposite of a ghost town).
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2020, 05:45:53 PM »

People are taking it pretty seriously in central-to-western MD. Even the Trump supporters I know seem to be largely following the guidelines.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2020, 01:20:32 AM »

Chi Suburbs are taking this at least mostly seriously. Not a lot of masks, but no crowds either.
I can confirm this. The only place packed with people is the local Chik-Fil-A.

Yup, The Lord’s Chicken vía drive thru is still quite the hit.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2020, 04:58:46 AM »

People are taking it pretty seriously in central-to-western MD. Even the Trump supporters I know seem to be largely following the guidelines.

I have friends in Maryland and they were taken it dead seriously as it came out of New York.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2020, 06:07:03 AM »

Nobody wants lockdowns but most people should be smart enough to recognize they are necessary and are prepared to make the sacrifice for the collective good. The polling does indicate this but maybe it isn't true and I've overestimated the maturity of a good amount of the American populace.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2020, 09:45:15 PM »

Chi Suburbs are taking this at least mostly seriously. Not a lot of masks, but no crowds either.
I can confirm this. The only place packed with people is the local Chik-Fil-A.

Yup, The Lord’s Chicken vía drive thru is still quite the hit.

I go there for the holey waffle fries myself.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies