Is having homosexual feelings a choice? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:12:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is having homosexual feelings a choice? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is having homosexual feelings a choice?
(D) -  Yes

(D) - No

(R) - Yes

(R) - No

(I) - Yes

(I) - No

(L) - Yes

(L) - No

(O) - Yes

(O) - No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Is having homosexual feelings a choice?  (Read 9694 times)
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« on: January 25, 2005, 09:08:53 PM »

Find me a homoesexual who says they werent abused mentally or physically, or raised without a male influence, and still are gay, and i'll show you someone who's lying.

It's a shame whats happened to them to turn them in that direction.

they are ALWAYS a product of their environment

It is not a biological thing that is predetermined
Careful.  I'm a product of such an environment.  I wasn't abused in any way.  I have a terrific dad.  I'm not gay, but I am bisexual.  My twin brother is not.

That said, I believe it is a choice.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 09:12:56 PM »

John, in all reality I don't know those people but something happened to him, perhaps his parents werent responsible but perhaps they had no idea what happened
What supposedly happened to me?  *frown*
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 09:20:18 PM »

Categorically, absolutely, not.

Choosing homosexual feelings implies two things that dont' make sense.

1. Why would anyone choose an orientation that's stigmatized, attacked, discriminated against, and mocked?
Because some of us just don't care what others think.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I can easily turn off my gay side and go to my hetero side.  When I have a girlfriend, I don't look at other girls, and I don't look at guys.  It is simple.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 09:21:31 PM »

John, in all reality I don't know those people but something happened to him, perhaps his parents werent responsible but perhaps they had no idea what happened
What supposedly happened to me?  *frown*

Hey didn't know you were gay, I don't know, tell us please
Nothing.  Nothing at all.  I'm from a very normal family, and nothing bad happened.  In fact, I've had a great life so far.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 09:39:13 PM »

This is a very long quote TN, but please read it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
This is sad, isn't it?  For responses to this, go here:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/12/14/25238/046

Look.  I don't claim to have the answers.  I don't know.  I just don't know.  Maybe it is a choice.  Maybe it is a gene.  Maybe it is environment.  Maybe it is a combination.  I think all of those arguments have merits to some extent.

I just know that I myself grew up in a nice Christian family, very conservative.  I have a great relationship with my parents and all of my family.  Nothing odd or bad happened to me.  Why do I like guys?  *shrug* Beats me.

When I read stories like that, well, I feel particularly bad.  I mean, these are supposedly Christians.  What do you think Jesus' reaction would have been if He was the principal?  Lets look at the Bible:

You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.
-Romans 14:10

Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
-Matthew 7:1 

Now back to the topic.  History is an interesting source.  While throughout history that I know I cannot find a single source where men married other men, men did frequently sleep with other men.  Marriage is for a man and a woman, by definition.  However, if you look at the Greeks, or even Romans, you'll see that it wasn't uncommon for them to have a wife and kids, and on the side a few male lovers.

Today is bad.  You have many people screaming "gay" at first sign of to guys touching each other.  I mean, come on!  Is two guys hugging gay?  What about two guys just kissing each other, as it is done in MANY CULTURES?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 09:50:30 PM »

Ah, the homosexuallity is a sin thing...  I'm not saying I disagree or agree, but I am just wondering...

- is kissing a guy a sin then?

- how about cuddling with your best male friend?

- or sleeping in the same bed, naked, but not touching?

- how about sleeping in the same bed, naked, touching, but no penetration?

- apply the same now for a heterosexual in the pervious three cases

- lust for a women in the mind is also a sin, so I'd assume that lust for a guy (in a guy's mind) is also a sin, right?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 10:01:05 PM »

Ah, the homosexuallity is a sin thing...  I'm not saying I disagree or agree, but I am just wondering...

- is kissing a guy a sin then?

- how about cuddling with your best male friend?

- or sleeping in the same bed, naked, but not touching?

- how about sleeping in the same bed, naked, touching, but no penetration?

- apply the same now for a heterosexual in the pervious three cases

- lust for a women in the mind is also a sin, so I'd assume that lust for a guy (in a guy's mind) is also a sin, right?

uh quite queer but a no for the top two..... idk i think yes for the rest of them, Yup heterosexual dealings are sin and just as bad
You realize before pajamas, it was common to sleep naked because you didn't want to wear and tear your day clothes unnecessarily?  And because beds were rare and houses were small, people usually slept in close proximity?  And in cold climates, the only way to maintain and utilize body heat is skin contact?

Even now, if someone fell into Lake Huron (almost frozen water) and I pick him out, the first thing I'd do (without immediate access to a phone and medical aid) is to send someone to try to get help, and then to strip the guy naked and lie down with him, naked, in a sleeping bag so as to transfer body heat?  It is the best way to revive a person's skin temperature back to normal.

What "homosexuallity" is actually a sin?  Or does motive play a role?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 10:01:56 PM »

Find me a homoesexual who says they werent abused mentally or physically, or raised without a male influence, and still are gay, and i'll show you someone who's lying.

It's a shame whats happened to them to turn them in that direction.

they are ALWAYS a product of their environment

It is not a biological thing that is predetermined

Are you saying that Dick Cheney and his wife abused his daughter?
Excellent question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies