The 2022 map is worse for Republicans than 2018 was for Democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:08:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The 2022 map is worse for Republicans than 2018 was for Democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 2022 map is worse for Republicans than 2018 was for Democrats  (Read 2611 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: December 09, 2018, 10:55:06 PM »

Re: Virtually no pickup opportunities, no matter who's president, I think NH is still a swing seat depending on the candidates.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 05:14:26 PM »

It would almost certainly take an amendment to the constitution to grant DC statehood status.

I'm ignoring the PR part of your post because, while I disagree, it's a matter of opinion.

This is likely true only in that if you give DC statehood, you're going to do it by redefining the federal district to just count for actual government buildings in DC, and if you do that, you're going to have to repeal the 23rd Amendment giving the federal district 3 Electoral Votes. However, I think in a situation where DC had already gotten statehood, passing a Constitutional Amendment saying that a bunch of federal office buildings don't get 3 Electoral Votes all to themselves would be pretty simple. No one would want that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies