Public Office of Former President Tmthforu94 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:07:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of Former President Tmthforu94 (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Public Office of Former President Tmthforu94  (Read 20824 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2018, 05:10:03 PM »

Do any of the delegates plan on doing their job, or am I going to have to carry the team this session and come up with legislation to debate?

Please contact your delegates and encourage them to introduce legislation! Only 1 (!!!) delegate voted in the Speaker elections, not a good start!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2018, 10:41:42 AM »

Good Morning,

We just had a final vote on a bill receive ZERO votes!!!

Delegates: do your job. I'm completely tired of messaging delegates asking them to be active. If you can't handle the basic responsibilities of the position, resign and I'll find someone who will.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2018, 10:55:01 AM »

You're about to recall the entire chamber aren't you?
They still have a chance to turn it around. TimTurner should stay, and at least Hillgoose has made an attempt to debate and I know he's been writing legislation. Spark continues to be a major disappointment, PragPop hasn't made a single post after swearing in and Fillinovich hasn't even been online in two weeks (concerned about that).

Because everyone votes like a partisan hack in the game now, the only person who lost (Wulfric) was leaps and bounds the most active of the candidates.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2018, 11:26:05 AM »

Vacancy Notice

PragmaticPopulist has resigned his seat in the Chamber. Per the Appointment Regulation Act, I am required to appoint a Labor Party member to the seat. If it is determined there are no Laborites interested in filling the position, we will proceed from there as statutorily mandated.

Please PM me if you are interested in the seat or have a recommendation.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2018, 11:37:13 AM »

I asked PragmaticPopulist and Spark498 to resign so that active Southerners could replace them. PragmaticPopulist graciously did so. I think whatever is happening to Fillinovich may be RL issues, but once he misses four votes he'll be automatically removed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2018, 10:51:36 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2018, 12:10:35 PM »

After careful consideration and consultation with Labor leadership, I am appointing dfwlibertylover to the seat vacated by PragmaticPopulist. While we have substantial policy and sports disagreements, he will bring activity and a wealth of experience that is desperately needed in the Chamber.

X Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2018, 03:21:36 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2018, 08:20:10 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2018, 02:12:52 PM »

Statement from Governor Tmthforu94

I want to thank Senator Haslam2020 for his years of service to this region - he is a good friend and I am sure we have not seen the last of him. I also want to thank him for graciously stepping aside so that someone more active and capable could take the position. Haslam put what is best for the region above his own personal ambitions, something we haven't seen from other politicians lately.

Per the Southern Constitution, since the vacancy has occurred less than 8 weeks prior to the December elections, it is my duty as Governor to appoint a Southerner to fill out the remainder of Haslam's term for the Class II Senate seat. This individual will also require approval from the Chamber of Delegates.

With such an excellent and diverse pool of candidates in our region, I have no doubt that I will quickly find someone who is qualified and ready to represent our region's interests in Nyman. Please contact me if you are interested in the position or if you would like to share your thoughts.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2018, 03:20:42 PM »

I am hereby appointing North Carolina Yankee to the Class II Senate seat that was vacated by Haslam2020.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2018, 11:12:47 PM »

Earlier this evening, I authorized our Secretary of State to include the recall of Senator Lechassuer on the ballot for the upcoming weekend's election. This is based on my interpretation of the federal and regional constitution, as well as the advice of our Attorney General. While the federal government makes no mention of recall procedure, our Southern Constitution vests in The People the authority to recall any elected official. Since regional senators are subject to our regional election laws, this recall is valid as it was signed by 7+ Southern citizens.

Senator Lechassuer is a good friend and I am very sad that he isn't around. I hope that everything is OK and he is able to return to the forum soon.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »

Our regional Wiki has been updated again, including all legislation from last session and updating the lists of elected officials.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2018, 06:54:04 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2018, 01:30:18 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2018, 02:37:50 PM »

Recall Vote This Weekend

Good afternoon - there is a recall vote ongoing to remove 2 inactive delegates and 1 inactive senator. It is important that everyone gets out and votes as high turnout is required for the recall to be successful. I am currently in the process of PMing all Southerners reminding them to vote.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2018, 05:34:48 PM »

Reminder, please vote if you haven't done so already!

For those who haven't seen, Spark498 made the decision to resign on Friday. I have appointed Mr. Reactionary to replace him, he will be very active and do a great job!!

Also, Lechassuer returned today - he was unable to post for the past two weeks due to not having internet access. We are glad to have him back!! Smiley
Recall Vote This Weekend

Good afternoon - there is a recall vote ongoing to remove 2 inactive delegates and 1 inactive senator. It is important that everyone gets out and votes as high turnout is required for the recall to be successful. I am currently in the process of PMing all Southerners reminding them to vote.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2018, 12:17:11 AM »

In response to Senator Lechassuer's resignation today: per the Southern Constitution, Article VI, Section 6, a special election is to occur since the vacancy occurred more than 8 weeks before the next scheduled election for the seat. I will be notifying the Secretary of State Peebs to conduct the election next weekend, November 30th - December 2nd. Candidates must file to run by the end of the day on Wednesday, November 28th.

I am very glad that Lechassuer was able to return to the game but am saddened that he resigned earlier today. I understand that he attempted to rescind this resignation and while I sympathize with him, I have to follow the law. I encourage Lechassuer to consider running in the special election, as well as any other interested southerners.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2018, 10:13:53 AM »

Fillinovich has been recalled (F) and the seat is now vacant. Please contact me if you are interested. Thx!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2018, 10:42:13 PM »

Executive Order

As Southern Governor, I hereby condemn AustralianSwingVoter for his resolution calling on Fremont to claim the state of Kansas and annex it. He is not welcome in this region and the Southern Government will use every tool at our disposal to ensure this attempt to take our land does not happen. Kansas is Southern land and will always be Southern land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FKv_yojWXQ
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2018, 12:13:48 PM »

The resolution is a legitimate post in Fremont's legislation introduction thread. It demands a serious response.

I also see from Mr. ASV's "$400 billion" comment that he doesn't have a good understanding of fiscal responsibility and the massive budget crisis occurring in Fremont. Instead of trying to take land from other regions, maybe he should focus on the many issues currently facing his own region?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2018, 12:54:22 PM »

Let's recap how Fremontians (Huh) are being taxed:
City Level
County Level
State Level (for basic regional government services)
Regional Level (for the legislature's pet projects)
Federal Level (for federal government services, military, etc.)

As I've said many times (yet no one seems to care) Fremont is WAY overtaxed. The state governments allegedly provides all of these government services. A state in this game is similar to a county IRL. Imagine if California said: "We are going to keep taxing you at the same rate but will transfer all major government responsibilities for the county to handle and fund." There would be revolts!!!

I encourage Fremont business owners and hard working citizens to consider moving to The South, a region of economic prosperity with a tax system that promotes job growth and adequately funds basic government services.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2018, 01:06:55 PM »

My apologies, thanks for letting me know. I didn't know that Fremont went back and corrected the budget for the 2018 fiscal year, I had only seen amendments for next year. My assumption was based off the Wiki page for the 2018 budget, could you point me out to when this was amended?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2018, 01:25:23 PM »

I know what has been proposed for this year. The budget for 2018 is in effect now - this is where people are getting taxed as I described above. To my knowledge there was no solution/fix, hence why I have been calling this a budget crisis. The income rates on the rich are still absurd considering they're getting a similar tax rate at the regional and state level.

I don't know what would be so difficult about modeling the regional budget after Lincoln and the South's (as well as virtually every regional budget produced in the game for the past decade). Obviously you'd probably need GM help with determining the final numbers, but it can still be set up in advance and I'm sure help is soon on the way if Mr. Reactionary is confirmed. I'm more than willing to help out as well!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2018, 05:50:16 PM »

Oh the 2018 budget has a tax rebate to combat for the high income tax rates (hell its on the wiki page you linked).
Ok? This  budget is still incredibly poorly thought out. You tax people excessively only to provide a tax credit and still end up with a surplus that is more than expenditures. The 2019 budget is on the right track, but still, I would easily argue that Lincoln and the South are both in far better budget shape and I'm surprised people aren't moving out of Fremont in exodus.

@Thumb21 I'd be open to Option 2, and I'm sure most of their residents would be!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies