Public Office of Former President Tmthforu94
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:13:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of Former President Tmthforu94
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: Public Office of Former President Tmthforu94  (Read 20147 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2018, 02:03:10 PM »

I declared my candidacy in the Senate special election.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2018, 10:42:13 PM »

Executive Order

As Southern Governor, I hereby condemn AustralianSwingVoter for his resolution calling on Fremont to claim the state of Kansas and annex it. He is not welcome in this region and the Southern Government will use every tool at our disposal to ensure this attempt to take our land does not happen. Kansas is Southern land and will always be Southern land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FKv_yojWXQ
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2018, 02:37:25 AM »

Executive Order

As Southern Governor, I hereby condemn AustralianSwingVoter for his resolution calling on Fremont to claim the state of Kansas and annex it. He is not welcome in this region and the Southern Government will use every tool at our disposal to ensure this attempt to take our land does not happen. Kansas is Southern land and will always be Southern land.

I don't think he's being serious
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2018, 03:14:14 AM »

Executive Order

You don't say.
As I've said on discord directly to you, TM this is called a joke.
The point of the resolution is to encourage the negotiation of an Atlasian-Canadian Common Market Agreement. I just added in a joke clause for fun, and to see if anyone would notice and/or fall for it.
Yet for whatever reason you persist with the mindset that we're actually going to march into Kansas.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2018, 07:12:41 AM »

Executive Order

You don't say.
The point of the resolution is to encourage the negotiation of an Atlasian-Canadian Common Market Agreement. I just added in a joke clause for fun, and to see if anyone would notice and/or fall for it.
Yet for whatever reason you persist with the mindset that we're actually going to march into Kansas.

Try it. We have more guns. Evil
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2018, 07:35:14 AM »

Executive Order

You don't say.

Are you sure? If I remember correctly, the last time the South and the West fought over Kansas, the result was not a Southern victory. Wink
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2018, 07:52:26 AM »

Executive Order

You don't say.

Are you sure? If I remember correctly, the last time the South and the West fought over Kansas, the result was not a Southern victory. Wink

Also, we Fremonters have a budget surplus of somewhere around $400 billion to burn, so it isn't as if we couldn't build up an army quicksmart if we want to.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2018, 12:13:48 PM »

The resolution is a legitimate post in Fremont's legislation introduction thread. It demands a serious response.

I also see from Mr. ASV's "$400 billion" comment that he doesn't have a good understanding of fiscal responsibility and the massive budget crisis occurring in Fremont. Instead of trying to take land from other regions, maybe he should focus on the many issues currently facing his own region?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2018, 12:37:39 PM »

The surplus I’ve targeted to be around 100 billion but that isn’t a fiscal crisis.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2018, 12:54:22 PM »

Let's recap how Fremontians (Huh) are being taxed:
City Level
County Level
State Level (for basic regional government services)
Regional Level (for the legislature's pet projects)
Federal Level (for federal government services, military, etc.)

As I've said many times (yet no one seems to care) Fremont is WAY overtaxed. The state governments allegedly provides all of these government services. A state in this game is similar to a county IRL. Imagine if California said: "We are going to keep taxing you at the same rate but will transfer all major government responsibilities for the county to handle and fund." There would be revolts!!!

I encourage Fremont business owners and hard working citizens to consider moving to The South, a region of economic prosperity with a tax system that promotes job growth and adequately funds basic government services.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2018, 01:01:35 PM »

..which is why as of right now there's a negative income tax for those making $125,000 or less, and only those who make over $200,000 pay anything in effective income tax.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2018, 01:06:55 PM »

My apologies, thanks for letting me know. I didn't know that Fremont went back and corrected the budget for the 2018 fiscal year, I had only seen amendments for next year. My assumption was based off the Wiki page for the 2018 budget, could you point me out to when this was amended?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2018, 01:09:41 PM »

My apologies, thanks for letting me know. I didn't know that Fremont went back and corrected the budget for the 2018 fiscal year, I had only seen amendments for next year. My assumption was based off the Wiki page for the 2018 budget, could you point me out to when this was amended?

Here is what we currently have for next year.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2018, 01:25:23 PM »

I know what has been proposed for this year. The budget for 2018 is in effect now - this is where people are getting taxed as I described above. To my knowledge there was no solution/fix, hence why I have been calling this a budget crisis. The income rates on the rich are still absurd considering they're getting a similar tax rate at the regional and state level.

I don't know what would be so difficult about modeling the regional budget after Lincoln and the South's (as well as virtually every regional budget produced in the game for the past decade). Obviously you'd probably need GM help with determining the final numbers, but it can still be set up in advance and I'm sure help is soon on the way if Mr. Reactionary is confirmed. I'm more than willing to help out as well!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2018, 01:29:06 PM »

Oh the 2018 budget has a tax rebate to combat for the high income tax rates (hell its on the wiki page you linked).
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2018, 02:02:46 PM »

Executive Order

You don't say.

Also, we Fremonters have a budget surplus of somewhere around $400 billion to burn, so it isn't as if we couldn't build up an army quicksmart if we want to.
An army with what? You said yourself the end goal was no guns in Fremont. Good luck winning any battles with no guns.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »

If Fremont continues to make designs on our territory, I suggest we respond in kind.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2018, 05:50:16 PM »

Oh the 2018 budget has a tax rebate to combat for the high income tax rates (hell its on the wiki page you linked).
Ok? This  budget is still incredibly poorly thought out. You tax people excessively only to provide a tax credit and still end up with a surplus that is more than expenditures. The 2019 budget is on the right track, but still, I would easily argue that Lincoln and the South are both in far better budget shape and I'm surprised people aren't moving out of Fremont in exodus.

@Thumb21 I'd be open to Option 2, and I'm sure most of their residents would be!!!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2018, 06:28:09 PM »

Ok? This  budget is still incredibly poorly thought out. You tax people excessively only to provide a tax credit and still end up with a surplus that is more than expenditures. The 2019 budget is on the right track, but still, I would easily argue that Lincoln and the South are both in far better budget shape and I'm surprised people aren't moving out of Fremont in exodus.

@Thumb21 I'd be open to Option 2, and I'm sure most of their residents would be!!!

I wasn’t even in this game when the 2018FY budget was passed but AFAIK those tax rates were in place just after the reset, and statistically speaking Fremont wasn’t very active then so little or no spending programs were passed (I cannot even find a 2017FY budget thread). As for the tax credits in the 2018 budget, they were added to avoid an even more massive surplus at the last moment, and considering they were greater than actual revenue collected by income taxes in FY2018 and what has been done so far in FY2019 in terms of largely cutting taxes, I’d say the last two fiscal years have alleviated the tax burden. If people were leaving Fremont, they would have left by 2018FY.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2018, 06:45:02 PM »

YE I'm not blaming this directly on you, I was simply explaining why I believe that Fremont has a budget crisis, which you were disputing. You are definitely working to right the ship.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #220 on: November 28, 2018, 07:24:00 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2018, 07:33:55 PM by tmthforu94 »

The South is the best region for business and economic opportunity. I am introducing this bill as a measure to encourage Fremont residents struggling with unemployment/low wages to move to our prosperous region by assisting with moving expenses via a tax credit. I urge the Speaker to bring this bill (as well as other great legislation introduced by Mr. R) to the floor as soon as possible.

Go South Young Man Act
1. Effective for the 2019 fiscal year, any Fremont resident age 18+ who moves to the South, establishes residency for a minimum of six months and is employed full or part-time shall be eligible for a $1000 tax credit as assistance for moving expenses.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #221 on: November 28, 2018, 07:27:22 PM »

I contacted Senatorial candidate HomestarSB9 and offered him the vacancy in the Southern Chamber, offering it as a great way to get exposure to the game and experience as a legislator, should he be elected to the Senate next month. He declined my offer.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #222 on: November 28, 2018, 08:53:50 PM »

Wulfric has been appointed to the vacant Chamber of Delegates seat.

X Tmthforu94
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #223 on: November 28, 2018, 10:33:51 PM »

Statement from Governor TM

Good Morning - last night was not a great night for the conservative movement in Atlasia, but I want to sincerely thank the voters of the South for re-electing me to another term as your Governor. We have accomplished so much in the past three months, I look forward to continuing the great work for another term.

This upcoming term will be my planned final elected position in Atlasia. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing this game, but I realize that this January will mark my 10 year anniversary in the game, and I think the game is close to running its course for me. 10 years is long enough and while there have been bumps along the way, I'm proud of the contributions I've made to this game and hope that I have made a positive impact.

Congratulations to our new president and vice president-elect and to everyone else who was victorious last night.

Thx,

TM
I am rescinding this statement for the time being. It may still be the case, but we still have so much work to do to make the South great, I haven't completely made up my mind. Stay tuned!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2018, 10:57:01 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length