Will McSally still be a Senator in January 2023
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:59:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will McSally still be a Senator in January 2023
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Will she still be a senator
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Will McSally still be a Senator in January 2023  (Read 4041 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2018, 05:30:30 PM »

I said "part of".

Do you not understand that?

Ideology is a collective of all those single issues.

I give up, you wont even bother to defend Grant Woods.

There is much scientific backing towards the idea that people dont care about ideology, and thats what Ive been arguing about. People dont care about Moderate Dem, or Progressive Dem, they just dont. They can care about singular issues, but otherwise, it doesnt make a difference. Thats all I have to say.

Just because you keep repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2018, 05:35:35 PM »

I said "part of".

There is much scientific backing towards the idea that people dont care about ideology, and thats what Ive been arguing about. People dont care about Moderate Dem, or Progressive Dem, they just dont. They can care about singular issues, but otherwise, it doesnt make a difference. Thats all I have to say.

Just because you keep repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.

Hey man, I can easily link a study about this phenonenom.

Like this:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/9/16614672/ideology-liberal-conservatives

not to mention the previous study linked by ONProgressive. I have the data behind me. Your turn.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2018, 07:30:52 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2018, 07:37:08 PM by pppolitics »

I said "part of".

Like this:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/9/16614672/ideology-liberal-conservatives

not to mention the previous study linked by ONProgressive. I have the data behind me. Your turn.

That’s only true to some degree.

You treat it like it’s a universal truth, which it isn’t.

I will type a better response when I get to a computer.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2018, 07:33:33 PM »

I said "part of".

Like this:

You treat it like it’s a universal truth, which isn’t true.

For example, there is definitely a shift of allegiance of educated whites to the Democratic party and of working whites to the Republican Party.

....What does that have to do with anything? Not only is this a peer reviewed scientific study(there are more, BTW, if you want me to link), but seriously. What the hell does shift in voter coalitions have to do with anything?
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »

I said "part of".

Like this:

For example, there is definitely a shift of allegiance of educated whites to the Democratic party and of working whites to the Republican Party.
So are you gonna present any data to counter Zaybay or nah?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2018, 07:40:53 PM »

I said "part of".

Like this:

So are you gonna present any data to counter Zaybay or nah?

I am not going to type my full response from a phone.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2018, 10:23:12 PM »

I said "part of".

Like this:

Now that I've finished reading this, I can say that I definitely don't interpret the data the same way.

From the article, you first join political party, then you adopt whatever ideology it has.

...however data could be interpreted in a different way

First you join a group (i.e. college educated white), then you adopt the group's ideology. After that, the political party moves in to capture the group's vote by adopting the group's ideology as its own.

So the reason that people have such fluid ideology is that the ideology is not their own, but ideology of the group (not political party) they belong to.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2018, 06:17:07 PM »

Unlikely, she either loses outright in 2020.

Or she gets primaried by an unbashed Trumper in either 2020 or 2022.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies