Huckabee calls Washington Caucus results "dubious", sending lawyers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:40:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Huckabee calls Washington Caucus results "dubious", sending lawyers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Huckabee calls Washington Caucus results "dubious", sending lawyers  (Read 6013 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 01:11:02 AM »

Newt Gingrich won a delegate to the King County convention.

Things just get better and better!

what
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 01:14:05 AM »

what

Duncan Hunter also got at least 3
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2008, 01:14:56 AM »

what

Duncan Hunter also got at least 3

Well at least Duncan Hunter was an actual candidate.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »

Welcome back, Freshie!!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2008, 01:36:59 AM »

Alright I'll spell it out for you.  So say Huckabee thinks he's "gypped" in trying to win the nomination.  Because he's been "gypped" he doesn't care about "making the party machine happy," thus through his actions in staying in the race further dividing the party (hence the "screwing over")

If Huckabee actually believed there was legitimate cause for concern, would it really be better for him to just smile and accept the result?

The problem, in my opinion, isn't just with the Washington Caucus results, it's with the fact that he's staying in election to begin with.  After Super Tuesday he would have to win around 80% of all the remaining delegates.....virtually impossible.  He should just accept defeat and drop out because there is no way he's ever going to win.

If he drops out, what do the Republicans who don't support him do?  I'm of the mind that giving voters a choice is never a bad thing.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2008, 01:47:10 AM »

I'll wait for VA, at least, until I join the chorus in yelling at Huckabee.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2008, 01:55:15 AM »

FreeRepublic: "It's an RNC/MSM conspiracy!"

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1968294/posts
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2008, 12:38:20 PM »

So Dean Logan stole this one for McCain, right?
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2008, 12:50:14 PM »

Alright I'll spell it out for you.  So say Huckabee thinks he's "gypped" in trying to win the nomination.  Because he's been "gypped" he doesn't care about "making the party machine happy," thus through his actions in staying in the race further dividing the party (hence the "screwing over")

If Huckabee actually believed there was legitimate cause for concern, would it really be better for him to just smile and accept the result?

The problem, in my opinion, isn't just with the Washington Caucus results, it's with the fact that he's staying in election to begin with.  After Super Tuesday he would have to win around 80% of all the remaining delegates.....virtually impossible.  He should just accept defeat and drop out because there is no way he's ever going to win.

If he drops out, what do the Republicans who don't support him do?  I'm of the mind that giving voters a choice is never a bad thing.

Yeah giving the voters a choice is a good idea, but the nature of the primaries is that (certainly in this year) Super Tuesday has the most say in where the party in question is going.  With such a large McCain win by a vast majority, and I stated before Huckabee's chances on winning, giving the voters a choice is almost a moot point.  Sure people can vote for Huckabee, but what good will it do if he doesn't have a chance on winning?  This is the exact reason Romney dropped out.  He wanted to unite the Party early to give it a better chance for November.

You honestly believe that bulls*** from Romney?

It wasn't such a large McCain win, it's just he won winner-take-all states.

And remember, it's not Huckabee himself that is keeping Huckabee in. It's all the Republicans that are voting for him. So if a majority of Republicans had your viewpoint, they would be voting for McCain, and they're not.

So what's the latest news on this?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »

Possibly, but if there is a serious violation of procedure, then I would rather have it clarified early on and then accept the actual results than let doubt linger on.  Kinda like how people cried foul about the New Hampshire regarding the vote tally variances.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2008, 02:26:38 PM »

such a large McCain win by a vast majority
a couple of percentage points lead in a hopelessly divided field. Nowhere near a majority of any definition, never mind vast.
defe07

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2008, 03:01:25 PM »

That would officially make Washington WalterMitty's least favorite state considering its vote in BOTH caucuses.

Why? Because Obama and Paul might've won the state (100% on Obama's win but up in the air for a Paul win)? My sister in Seattle said that Hillary isn't liked that much (at least in Seattle). Hell, she even asked me who she should vote for. I told her that it's her choice and I respect her choice (she's a die-hard Democrat voter, she wouldn't vote for a Republican).
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »

That would officially make Washington WalterMitty's least favorite state considering its vote in BOTH caucuses.

Why? Because Obama and Paul might've won the state (100% on Obama's win but up in the air for a Paul win)? My sister in Seattle said that Hillary isn't liked that much (at least in Seattle). Hell, she even asked me who she should vote for. I told her that it's her choice and I respect her choice (she's a die-hard Democrat voter, she wouldn't vote for a Republican).

Because Walter spends most of his commentary on the 2008 election not promoting the candidates he likes but rather bitching about Obama now and before that Paul (because of course Paul stood such an excellent chance of winning the nomination and was such a threat)
defe07

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2008, 03:18:55 PM »

Because Walter spends most of his commentary on the 2008 election not promoting the candidates he likes but rather bitching about Obama now and before that Paul (because of course Paul stood such an excellent chance of winning the nomination and was such a threat)

OK, that's what I thought Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies