Reproductive Rights Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:09:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reproductive Rights Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reproductive Rights Bill  (Read 4205 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: February 25, 2007, 01:34:30 PM »

What rules or statutes, if any, would apply to the federal territories, with regard to abortion, should this legislation be repealed?

This question was not considered when the legislation in question was ever put in place, so the brief answer is that no one knows.

Thanks.

I don't think I could vote to pass an act which could allow effectively unrestriced abortion access. I feel that once a fetus has reached the stage whereby it would probably be capable of surviving independently outside the womb, then abortion is a violation of the right to life. To my knowledge (which certainly stands open to correction, as I certainly don't hold myself out to be a medical expert), this stage is usually reached around the 22 week mark. Beyond this, my position on whether or not abortion should be allowed is much less steadfast (except to say that I have no qualms whatsoever with such things as the 'morning after pill').

I suppose I haven't yet come to a decision personally on the morality of those cases which fall in between and what should or should not be allowed. Thus, within the redlines of the first days of the pregnancy and the period outlined above regarding the potential for independent survival, I would be willing to consider most suggestions. However, it seems clear that this bill, in its current form, would freely allow late-term abortions and so I shall probably be voting against it.

It's nice to see that my regional senator represents my view perfectly on at least one issue. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 03:33:06 PM »

It's nice to see that my regional senator represents my view perfectly on at least one issue. Smiley

...after only 8 months in the Senate. Smiley

Well, I didn't check any votes till just now. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies