FL-GOV 2022: Gillum probably seeking rematch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:13:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-GOV 2022: Gillum probably seeking rematch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-GOV 2022: Gillum probably seeking rematch  (Read 10619 times)
Flyersfan232

« on: September 18, 2019, 02:16:14 PM »

If you're a Dem in Florida, and you lose in a Dem year, you probably shouldn't run for office again.

It wasn't a Dem year in Florida, just like 2014 wasn't a GOP year in Pennsylvania.
I know two former gop rep from Florida who would disagree with u
Flyersfan232

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 02:17:04 PM »

DeSantis is doing all the right things to get re-elected.

The serious candidates will not be running.  The 2022 Democrat will be a decided underdog.  The question would be whether or not Little Marco would be vulnerable.

Gillum's star is sinking.
What Congress district or state senate seat he lives in?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 07:22:03 PM »

The serious candidates will not be running.  The 2022 Democrat will be a decided underdog.  The question would be whether or not Little Marco would be vulnerable.

The African American Trump Democrat Al Lawson's seat.
God id love for Gillum to primary him then maybe run for senate or something I think gillum could make a great president one day hes one of my favorite rising stars in the party
Gillum lost a statewide election in a blue wave year with more favorable circumstances in his state.  He should never have lost.  He'd get destroyed in a nationwide general.

I don’t think Gillum’s path to victory was as clear cut as Atlas Democrats thought. Nobody outside of Tallahassee was excited about Gillum, and even the hype in Tally was mostly hometown pride. The city is a ghetto dump aside from the college areas, and I can tell you first hand that even those areas could be dangerous. I wound up on the wrong end of a gun there myself.

Everyone I knew who was voting Gillum were already Democrats who would have backed Levine or Graham too. The only two swing voters I know who actually did vote Gillum were Fuzzy and my aunt on my dads side, and both acknowledged these votes had more to do with other circumstances than Gillum himself.
Didn’t tallhassee votes a nra endorse guy over gillum chief of staff?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 07:23:34 PM »

The African American Trump Democrat Al Lawson's seat.
God id love for Gillum to primary him then maybe run for senate or something I think gillum could make a great president one day hes one of my favorite rising stars in the party
Gillum lost a statewide election in a blue wave year with more favorable circumstances in his state.  He should never have lost.  He'd get destroyed in a nationwide general.

I don’t think Gillum’s path to victory was as clear cut as Atlas Democrats thought. Nobody outside of Tallahassee was excited about Gillum, and even the hype in Tally was mostly hometown pride. The city is a ghetto dump aside from the college areas, and I can tell you first hand that even those areas could be dangerous. I wound up on the wrong end of a gun there myself.

Everyone I knew who was voting Gillum were already Democrats who would have backed Levine or Graham too. The only two swing voters I know who actually did vote Gillum were Fuzzy and my aunt on my dads side, and both acknowledged these votes had more to do with other circumstances than Gillum himself.
Y did fuzzy vote for gillum? Fuzzy
Flyersfan232

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 11:49:04 AM »

Advantage DeSantis unless Trump is somehow still president. That said, DeSantis won't have Rick Scott spending literally tens of millions of dollars of his own personal Fortune to help get out the vote like 2018
That’s not quite what happened. The Senate race was a real sleeper. Nelson didn’t campaign, and Scott was nowhere to be seen outside of his official duties as Governor. DeSantis ran a truly active campaign and toured the state, as did Gillum, and from my experience I think it was the Governor’s race more so than the Senate race which drove people to the polls.

Remember the polls that had scott down by double digest also why did no else try to challahs Nelson?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies