Have you switched candidates? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:57:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Have you switched candidates? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you switched candidates in this election cycle?
Yes, Democrat to Bush

Yes, Bush to Democrat

No, I've always stood by my man

Undecided voter(liar)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Have you switched candidates?  (Read 7376 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: September 25, 2004, 11:01:01 PM »

I was an apolitical independent in 2000 to strong Kerry in 2004.  Began to have a distaste for the Dems in Philadelphia with a few exception, but the GOP locally is even corrupt.  My family was once strong Democratic, but has switched up in recent years.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 01:31:27 AM »

I'm saddened no one cares I've switched from Bush to Kerry.  Or perhaps no one's surprised?

I'm happy to see it, though since you aren't going to vote, and I assume you haven't or aren't going to contribute any money to the campaigns, it doesn't actually make a difference.

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised though, I would have assumed you would have cared more about economic issues than social issues.

Then again, perhaps you are now wealthy enough that protecting social freedoms is more important. That does make sense.

Actually the main reason I would feel comfortable with a Kerry presidency is the Republican congress.  Kerry wouldn't be able to implement many left wing economic policies, whereas Bush might be in a position to push the stultifying christian social agenda.  

That's a good reason for you at least.  The social agenda of Bush scares me as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies