FT 27.7: NPC Auto-Elections Act. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:23:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 27.7: NPC Auto-Elections Act. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 27.7: NPC Auto-Elections Act.  (Read 369 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: May 03, 2023, 03:42:51 PM »

Thanks to Reactionary for inspiring the model for this and thanks to the First Minister for sponsoring this on my behalf.

NPC campaigns are sadly no longer in order, but this implements a system to automatically run elections unless and until the GM team signal its desire to bring back NPC campaigns (after which we can repeal this bill). This bill proposes a slightly modified formula the South has, which accounts for IRL presidential elections with Republicans as proxies for Feds/SNP and Democrats as proxies for Peace/Labor.

The framing also differs from the South in that it delegates election authority to the First Minister instead of the Attorney General, which I don't think(?) Frémont has.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 03:56:45 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2023, 10:27:24 AM by I'm a Kennedy! I'm not accustomed to tragedy »

This bill proposes a slightly modified formula the South has, which accounts for IRL presidential elections with Republicans as proxies for Feds/SNP and Democrats as proxies for Peace/Labor.
Where does DA fit into this formula?

I don't think they do in practice (personally I would say DA should favor Democrats under such a system) but that is reason enough to exclude RL elections from consideration.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 06:18:09 PM »

This bill proposes a slightly modified formula the South has, which accounts for IRL presidential elections with Republicans as proxies for Feds/SNP and Democrats as proxies for Peace/Labor.
Where does DA fit into this formula?

There are 0 DAs registered in the South.

Who would have controlled South Carolina before WB left?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 11:57:07 AM »

Input from MPs would be appreciated.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2023, 08:44:01 PM »

I'm not sure I have been active in the game when there were "NPC elections", so I'll come clean and say that I don't entirely understand what is being proposed, and would appreciate a bit more background on what this all means.

We haven't done them since 2021 so I understand, but they were basically campaigns for every state where the GM (Lumine at the time) would judge each campaign post and rank them next to other factors such as voter registration. Basically, it was like an interactive timeline in a sense, and it made up for our real elections being decided mostly by zombie turnout instead of any real persuasion or campaigning effort.

It doesn't work unless there's a lot of activity and interest, which there simply isn't anymore and that is why they were discontinued. But they were a fun part of the game while they lasted and some campaigns were very heated (especially Utah, DA friends!). But the South runs auto-elections for their states now and I'd love for Fremont to do the same.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 03:07:45 PM »

I request a final vote.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 09:00:44 PM »

I'm not sure I have been active in the game when there were "NPC elections", so I'll come clean and say that I don't entirely understand what is being proposed, and would appreciate a bit more background on what this all means.

We haven't done them since 2021 so I understand, but they were basically campaigns for every state where the GM (Lumine at the time) would judge each campaign post and rank them next to other factors such as voter registration. Basically, it was like an interactive timeline in a sense, and it made up for our real elections being decided mostly by zombie turnout instead of any real persuasion or campaigning effort.

It doesn't work unless there's a lot of activity and interest, which there simply isn't anymore and that is why they were discontinued. But they were a fun part of the game while they lasted and some campaigns were very heated (especially Utah, DA friends!). But the South runs auto-elections for their states now and I'd love for Fremont to do the same.

Have any of the Southern NPC results been posted?

Not to my knowledge. They've got far bigger problems now anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies