Trump supporters: Tell me why the President *isn’t* super-racist. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:55:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump supporters: Tell me why the President *isn’t* super-racist. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump supporters: Tell me why the President *isn’t* super-racist.  (Read 7810 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 14, 2018, 03:20:29 PM »

They have zero evidence against me. I hope they never become lawyers. There lack of willingness to dig up the post proves it.

I already dug it up using Google. #ThatReadingComprehension

Also, *their
Lol so where did I specifically say they "deserved" it. Bold that part for me. I read my post and saw absolutely nothing to support your claims. Not a single sentence.

I said it was implied, and it is, especially given the context--when the event recently happened, your response was to jump to the shooter's defense, rationalizing his behavior and casting culpability on the victims.

It doesn't have to literally be "I SAID THIS." Almost everyone interpreted it that way in that thread. You can go back and read it for yourself. Whether or not that was not your intention, it is not up to us to help you phrase what you mean.

This feels kind of like a slut shaming in order to trivialize a sexual assault. It was like in college where in intro Psych, they had a laboratory where people had to assign the blame when a woman was sexually assaulted after coming home at night from cheating on her SO at a bar.  Most people blamed the woman and the professor used it as an example of the "moral model" of social order as opposed to an "agency model" or a "medical model". Or something like that.
"If people didn't want to be shot, they shouldn't have made themselves targets so its their fault almost as much as it is Cruz's fault."
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »

Is 5'2 Sanchez really spending 10 hours of his day arguing on Atlas?

Well, when you are caught holding anti-social sentiment, you have to find a way to show that you aren't really anti-social. The same way that racists have to show they are really not racist when there is evidence where a reasonable person would consider them racist.

Are you going to psychologically profile me now Arch, seeing as you're apparently a jack of all trades Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

And I appreciate the compliment, although I'm far from it in my view.

Its not amateur psychoanalysis in as much as it is a reasonable person's observation of your behavior.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 10:45:34 PM »

This is the quality of a thread you will get when there are people on it that are racist and don't know they are.  These folks at most claim they are not racist because they say don't identify as racist, which is ignorant. However, what is particularly offensive and borderline elitist is when those racist people claim that when they are being reasonably percieved as being racist, it's not a problem with them offending people but a problem with the perceivers being immature at best and being manipulative at worst. "He who smelled it, dealt it" should be the GOP slogan for 2018, 2020, and for how much the longer there is a steady escalation of whataboutism and white nationalist sentiment within  it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:12:00 AM »

With a title like this and 5 pages of posts, I came in here knowing it was going to be a train wreck - and boy did it deliver.

All I’ll say is that I read all the exchanges between the folks here with Sanchez, Sanchez’s older posts about Parkland, and, honestly, I have to side with Sanchez. He wasn’t saying those students in any way deserved this; I think folks like Arch (who I like) read into what he said what they interpreted him as saying, rather than what was actually being said. Sanchez did engage in a bit of victim blaming, but not in an entirely unjustified way. Yes, the victims of the shooter were the ultimate victims; a gun was involved and they very likely wouldn’t have died, at least not in such numbers, without a gun being used; but, also, bullying is a factor here. Those students had been bullying the shooter for god knows how long prior to that event; they were throwing fuel on an unstable fire. If he didn’t have easy access to guns, but did have easy access to mental healthcare, then we likely wouldn’t be discussing this. But, bullying does play a role here and it’s a factor those Parkland students, their parents, and others like them tend to avoid, because that would implicate those who experienced a severe trauma. But, bullying can be traumatic as well for kids, so there does need to be a bit of understanding for the shooter as well, which is what I think Sanchez was trying to articulate (but I’ll let him speak for himself).

You are totally right. Victim blaming isn't the same as celebrating or even not caring about the tragedy but still and in especially this situation where we are talking about social ostracism vs. mass murder, I think victim blaming is sign of a lack of empathy and generally an uncharacteristic sentiment. This is so even if you do sympathize with the victims but empathy is not sympathy.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 02:40:42 PM »

There really isn't a relevant discussion to be had on this, PR knew exactly what he was doing when he made this thread and worded the subject as he did.  

Let's dispel with this fiction that I don't know what I'm doing. I know exactly what I'm doing.

Purposely picking a fight over an intentionally inflammatory issue isn't particularly brave.

Because if something you come across isn't  pleasant, we all should just sit down and eat some strawberry ice cream and not worry about it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies