Australia 2022 Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:27:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australia 2022 Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australia 2022 Election  (Read 45070 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: May 24, 2022, 05:41:47 AM »

You know, it's less the fact that there are still uncalled seats 3 days after the vote, and more that the counting seems to be going at the pace of 2-3% per day. At this rate it's going to take two weeks to have final results.

Well the Senate always takes a month of Sundays to count anyway. I rather a manual count with scrutineers than trust a machine than could be manipulated and abused by nefarious interests.

Also...
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 07:01:31 AM »
« Edited: May 24, 2022, 08:27:45 AM by Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR) »

I love the irony that arises from this election. Labor's vote went backwards and yet will still win enough seats to win government (might get to 78). The Liberals hold 16 of the poorest 20 seats. While Labor now hold more (7) of the richest 20 seats than the Coalition does (5). So much for the party of the working class.

IMO, the Coalition lost because they stood for nothing. My centrist and non political friends have made this evident throughout the whole campaign. You know people who actually change their vote.  I think this combined with people who don't know the Australian constitution. Essentially people who maximize the powers of the Prime Minister and minimize the powers of the State Premiers. Ironically even with power mad Premier's during Covid, hasn't been enough to show these people how little power the Feds have relative to the States.

Pig Iron Bob didn't start the Liberal party to fight for forgotten people living in freaking mansions. These Ivory mansion dwellers are the self important people who increasingly vote for "progressive" candidates. People who can afford any cost of living increase pressures brought about from 'green' policies that will only end up hurting the middle and working classes. Meanwhile they can feel morally superior about making bees private parts worth of difference to global output.

Australia should got nuclear. We've got the resources. We have a bit of the desert that has already been nuked, dump the waste there. This will get us off the carbon intensive power the Teals and Greens are so worried about. The fact that they consider a Nuclear option as off the table proves to me that they aren't serious about combating climate change. Without nuclear as an option the cost of electricity will bite the Teal's, Labor, and Greens in the posterior with the electorate long term. This is actually a great opportunity for the Coalition to stand for something that will benefit everyone.

Also while there are several people a Federal ICAC can go after, if it doesn't go after CCP Sam (Dastyari), it's another case of gutless appearance over outcome, closing the gate after the horse had bolted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies