Update
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:56:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Author Topic: Update  (Read 58072 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2009, 11:44:26 AM »

brittain, dont you think women lie about being pregnant to force the man into a relationship more often than lying to get out of one?

True... I'm making assumptions about when he learned this that may or may not be true.

There is also the chance she could be testing his commitment level in all of this considering what has happened to her in the past.  That's if she said she was pregnant.

There is also the chance BushOK is holding out hope for a pregnancy to keep this woman in a relationship with him.   
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2009, 11:45:44 AM »

brittain, dont you think women lie about being pregnant to force the man into a relationship more often than lying to get out of one?

True... I'm making assumptions about when he learned this that may or may not be true.

There is also the chance BushOK is holding out hope for a pregnancy to keep this woman in a relationship with him.   

You are soooooooooo lucky Phil isnt here, Flyers Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »

Does God approve of this pre-marital sex, BushOklahoma?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »

I'll admit I am a Maxim reader.  In one of them "women respond" sections one said some dude wanted the condom to break so she could get pregnant and her not leave him because it's happened so many times and she was creeped out by that.  I forget what state it was from, but IIRC is was somewhere down South.  It wasn't BushOK because I read it over a year ago.  Could be possible in this case though.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2009, 12:50:19 PM »

<< One month ago yesterday (June 7), I met my fiancee'.>>

If her due date is before March 7.......well...........
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2009, 01:16:09 PM »

Texasindy says hi.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2009, 01:25:58 PM »

You got her pregnant? You had sex before marriage, likely unprotected sex at that, getting a woman up the duff but prior to finding this out bullsh-t on the forum about 'God meaning this to be' and all that sanctimonious drivvel and now want to bring the marriage forward to cover up your indiscretion?

Or she's lying.

Yep, and you gays are ruining that institution we all respect so much. Tongue
Grin
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2009, 01:31:19 PM »

Also, does this mean that BushOK is definitely gonna be going 'downstairs' now? I'm a bit unclear on how bad a sin premarital sex is meant to be :/
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2009, 01:38:22 PM »

I'll admit I am a Maxim reader.  In one of them "women respond" sections one said some dude wanted the condom to break so she could get pregnant and her not leave him because it's happened so many times and she was creeped out by that.  I forget what state it was from, but IIRC is was somewhere down South.  It wasn't BushOK because I read it over a year ago.  Could be possible in this case though.

just admit it flyers...youve tried that too.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2009, 01:42:57 PM »

Many people I talk to on here have really come to believe this, which only makes it that much more fun!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2009, 01:52:50 PM »

just admit it flyers...youve tried that too.

Hell no.  I'm a stickler for NOT having kids when not ready.  Women come and go.  There's no point with doing that to try to keep one.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2009, 02:25:47 PM »

Many people I talk to on here have really come to believe this, which only makes it that much more fun!

Oh, I agree this is one of the greatest threads of all time.  My intent is not to call BushOK a liar rather I think he may be serving the role as an unwitting troll.  He is really holding up the mirror and the Atlas is reflecting its true nature right back in their replies.  It is awesome.  You have a KP/Flyers/Mitty slugfest, Flyers crudity, many posters good; thought-out advice which is going completely ignored by the OP. 

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2009, 02:38:43 PM »

I should point out that I am not getting any joy out of BushOk's pain here.  Ive resisted the urge to give advice because I'm in no position to give anyone advice. Best of luck to him.  If here is not the greatest troll in the history of the internet I hope he is not getting harshly played here.

So I guess BushOK's proposed wedding date countdowns of 8 months 30 days had some significance after all.  And here I thought it was just some arbitrary number.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2009, 02:43:03 PM »

Another theological question - does getting married before the bride gives birth make things better in the eyes of God?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »

I should point out that I am not getting any joy out of BushOk's pain here. 

I am. He's a fucking idiot and deserves anything he gets.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2009, 03:29:39 PM »

Wow. I'm speechless, though it all kinda makes sense. What a twist.

I am disappointed in the hypocrisy, but other than that, I don't have any problems with this. Pre-marital sex is not the end of the world, and it is what happens next that is more important than what has already occured.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2009, 03:36:55 PM »

I am disappointed in the hypocrisy, but other than that, I don't have any problems with this. Pre-marital sex is not the end of the world, and it is what happens next that is more important than what has already occured.

That hypocrisy really does bother me, though. Of course I don't have a problem with pre-marital sex....I'm only human, after all.

It's just amazing though that people like BushOklahoma can claim that gay marriage endangers the "sanctity of marriage" and that unmarried people shouldn't kiss in public....and then goes on to actually have sex himself....and then acts like it's no big deal.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »

wow.

this thread is EPIC.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2009, 03:56:56 PM »

I should point out that I am not getting any joy out of BushOk's pain here. 

I am. He's a fucking idiot and deserves anything he gets.
The whole state is like that.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2009, 04:02:01 PM »

That hypocrisy really does bother me, though. Of course I don't have a problem with pre-marital sex....I'm only human, after all.

It's just amazing though that people like BushOklahoma can claim that gay marriage endangers the "sanctity of marriage" and that unmarried people shouldn't kiss in public....and then goes on to actually have sex himself....and then acts like it's no big deal.

I'd dare say the number of hypocrite conservative Christians vastly outnumbers those that actually live up to their preaching.

Sometimes it's hard to come to terms with our own faults.. but I think more people need to do that.  It's this pious Puritan Anglo-Saxon culture we have, where the law is seen as the minimum.

We should be more like Italy, where the law is seen as an ideal and everyone just knows that while it is virtuous to follow the law, we're all human beings and it just ain't gonna happen.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2009, 04:21:46 PM »

I'll humbly admit I am a hypocrite for the things I have said versus the things I have done.  God, naturally, did not approve of the pre-marital sex, but I have already asked for and been forgiven for that sin, I just have to live with the consequences.  In terms of sin, God doesn't look at it any better or worse than a little white lie.  The reason I'm not distraught about it is I know I can't change the past, I just have to learn from it and move on.  One of the previous posters here said it right, the most important thing is what happens next.  The past is in the past and there's no need to "cry over spilled milk" as the old adage goes.

Like I said last night, I have received several positive subtle hints on the whole relationship during the past two-three weeks.

Even though I sinned greatly, and I'm not trying to trivialize or diminish the severity of my sin at all, I have come to rely on one verse in the Bible that has gotten me through July which, I'll admit, has been rather difficult.  That verse is Romans 8:28, which says "For we know that God will work everything out for the good of those who love the Lord and who are called according to His purpose."
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2009, 04:27:15 PM »

You seem to have reason to believe this woman is carrying your child, you both apparently care for each other a great deal, but you're apparently allowing her to avoid you for as long as she wants rather than getting in touch to have what will probably be quite an important conversation. Why are you doing this again?
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2009, 04:29:51 PM »

Also, how come your indiscretions are on the level of a "little white lie" but other peoples' sins are surely an abomination? I heard somewhere that all sin is equal...is that not right? I'm getting a bit confused, I might be mixing stuff up from different denominations? :s
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2009, 04:32:35 PM »

The past is in the past and there's no need to "cry over spilled milk" as the old adage goes.

Dear God... Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2009, 04:38:32 PM »

You seem to have reason to believe this woman is carrying your child, you both apparently care for each other a great deal, but you're apparently allowing her to avoid you for as long as she wants rather than getting in touch to have what will probably be quite an important conversation. Why are you doing this again?

The way things transpired the last weekend in June, I would be shocked if she WEREN'T pregnant.

The main reason we haven't been talking to each other this month is because she's been EXTREMELY busy, she's worked 14 hours a day, 5 days a week out on the tarmac of Tinker AFB for two different weeks now (June 29 and July 20), then she had Vacation Bible School two weeks ago.  It is true she did have the week off last week, but she was trying to get caught up on her sleep so I didn't bother her.  She promised me back in late June, when she said she would be VERY busy in July and our time together would be very few and far between, she did say that things should settle down in August as she transitions from overtime at work 5 nights a week to Nursing School maybe 2 evenings a week.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies