Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:40:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 161016 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« on: April 18, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »

As far as Republicans go, dare I say, FF?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 02:20:54 PM »

I could see Ron Sparks or even Jim Folsom Jr. beating Roy Moore, especially if 2018 is a Democratic wave. Walter Maddox might also be able to pull it off, but I don't know enough about him to say for sure.
Bobby Bright comeback?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 02:59:13 PM »

I could see Ron Sparks or even Jim Folsom Jr. beating Roy Moore, especially if 2018 is a Democratic wave. Walter Maddox might also be able to pull it off, but I don't know enough about him to say for sure.
Bobby Bright comeback?

He's a Republican now Tongue
I was fairly certain he didn't actually change parties, but only contemplated it?

If he is still a Democrat, I imagine the AL GOP could just re-cut the 2010 ads used against him.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 11:51:07 AM »

Brooks really goofed yesterday saying good people don't have pre-existing conditions.

Trot out some cancer patients and children with rare genetic disorders, a few sexual assault survivors.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 09:09:06 PM »

Also just saw this Mo Brooks internal:

Moore 31%
Strange 23%
Brooks 21%

Jesus.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 12:06:29 AM »

Republicans aren't going to lose this race, but I could see Democrats coming within 7-10 points of winning if Strange is the nominee. Moore would also underperform, but I think he would win by 8-12 in the end. Brooks is the most electable Republican, he would win by 15-20 IMO.

Lean/Likely R with Strange or Moore, Likely/Safe R with Brooks.

Not that Strange isn't scandalous, but how would he underperform Moore?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 12:03:55 PM »

Good. I hope Kennedy doesn't win on his name.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 12:35:08 PM »

The DSCC needs to hop on this yesterday, while Moore and Luther go at each other directly.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 10:25:48 PM »

I just got an email that the National Organization for Marriage has endorsed Roy Moore, not that that should come as a shock

What does the National Organization for Marriage even do now that SSM is settled law?

Presumably seeks to have it over turned by a Constitutional Amendment.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 09:24:29 AM »

Are there any conservative third party candidates running?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 08:00:29 PM »

Mo Brooks endorsing Roy Moore:

Alex Isenstadt @politicoalex
NEWS: Mo Brooks tells me he will endorse Roy Moore at Alabama rally this afternoon

https://twitter.com/politicoalex/status/909099042877186048

Could this election be any moore strange?

BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 01:59:58 PM »

That could easily hurt Jones. People tend to take pride in the state they live in.

Jones has such little room to mess up.

I think the only people likely to care very much about this are already planning to vote for Moore.

I hate the double standard where republicans can get away with saying their country/state is terrible and we can do better. But if a democrat does it its automatically a travesty.

Heck Trump said the people of Iowa were stupid because cruz won and they voted for him by a sizable margin in the general election.

People say Democrats get slaughtered in West Virginia because of me or "elitist liberals like me" who look down on the state. Last time I checked, Republicans bash Massachusetts, Vermont, etc. far more than Democrats bash West Virginia, but it hasn't stopped them from winning there.

Like a staple of Bush's 2004 campaign was about how horrible Massachusetts is lol. Have Democrats ever done a similar strategy with West Virginia, or ANY state for that matter?

At the federal level, they do get slaughtered because of people like you.

Tomblin wasn't a fake Democrat and was a relatively popular two term governor. And the number of Democrats in the WV legislature is comparable to the number of Republicans in the Massachussets state legislature. Hell, 21% of lower house members are Republican in MA, while 36% of lower house members are Democrats in WV.

And contrary to what you may think, Manchin will win re-election.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 06:27:28 PM »

That could easily hurt Jones. People tend to take pride in the state they live in.

Jones has such little room to mess up.

I think the only people likely to care very much about this are already planning to vote for Moore.

I hate the double standard where republicans can get away with saying their country/state is terrible and we can do better. But if a democrat does it its automatically a travesty.

Heck Trump said the people of Iowa were stupid because cruz won and they voted for him by a sizable margin in the general election.

People say Democrats get slaughtered in West Virginia because of me or "elitist liberals like me" who look down on the state. Last time I checked, Republicans bash Massachusetts, Vermont, etc. far more than Democrats bash West Virginia, but it hasn't stopped them from winning there.

Like a staple of Bush's 2004 campaign was about how horrible Massachusetts is lol. Have Democrats ever done a similar strategy with West Virginia, or ANY state for that matter?

At the federal level, they do get slaughtered because of people like you.

Tomblin wasn't a fake Democrat and was a relatively popular two term governor. And the number of Democrats in the WV legislature is comparable to the number of Republicans in the Massachussets state legislature. Hell, 21% of lower house members are Republican in MA, while 36% of lower house members are Democrats in WV.

And contrary to what you may think, Manchin will win re-election.

Tomblin and Manchin were re-elected in 2012, at the same time Obama was re-elected. Obama's re-election was the last straw for Racist WV Hicks, who will now never vote for any member of the anti-white hate group (i.e. Democratic Party) again unless they're a Republican mole like Jim Justice.

Manchin is going to get Blanched/Thompsoned/Manchined (will be a new term in a year.) His chances of winning are about as high as Ted Strickland sweeping the WV-esque parts of Ohio were.

I will concede it is possible Manchin loses, but if he does, it will be far from a blow out.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 10:33:14 PM »

Democrats don't lose in WV because of one poster on a bizarre political forum who expresses his unfavorable opinion of the state. IceSpear "bashing" WV has about the same impact on the outcome of that Senate race as Wulfric's endorsements.

If that's what you got out of the exchange with IceSpear, you should work on your reading comprehension. The point has nothing to do with IceSpear as an individual, but people like him being bad for Democrats.

AKA: Condescending, often classist, often coastal, liberal elitists.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 12:17:28 PM »

It's unlikely, but Jones could win if enough anti-Moore Republicans 1) stay home, 2) vote for Jones, 3) vote for third party candidates.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 08:39:28 AM »

It's not like Jones needs to flip Moore voters. So long as would-be Moore supporters stay home, Jones just needs to turn out his base.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 11:35:16 PM »

You know good and damn well there aren’t tapes. This girl was 14 trapped in Roy’s home in the middle of the woods. Just admit that you will vote for a child molestor out of thirst of power and own it.
Okay she was supposedly stuck at his house he started to take off her clothes she felt uncomfortable and said so then he took her home.
He didn’t even do anything also if this is all true why didn’t she tell the police?

Because f[inks] bois like you respond like you do.

Also,

lol @ people who are appalled by Moore making fun of Greedo by telling him he won't have sex

men are in part encouraged to commit assault by the commonly held mentality that sex is a game or something to be won and making fun of this person for being a "permavirgin" is a crystal clear example of that

Thank you for this post.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 11:38:44 PM »

Listen if I lived in Alabama I would probably lean Moore but if Moore stuff comes out and actual proof I would either write in Mo Brooks or not vote at all.

"Moore stuff" literally came out. This is stuff coming out.

What kind of proof is necessary? There are 30, now 31 independent interviews regarding his inappropriate actions and Moore's non-denial on Hannity. Do you need a written testimony from Moore saying "I sexually abused a 14 year old girl"?
Well I want tapes or people he worked with saying yes it’s true. Why should I believe these women without giving any proof.

Why would he tell someone he worked with (at the DA office, of all places) that he committed a blatantly illegal act?

I don’t know tell me why Bill Clinton admitted to a disgusting act on TAPE?

Was despicable but not illegal? Also... wasn't he under oath?
Bill Clinton flat out lied to all of America,he should have been impeached for that. So if it turns out Moore wins then it’s becomes official that lied about it then he should be expelled from the senate.

There is this old saying, but it's a little obscure, so maybe you haven't heard it before. It goes like this: Two wrongs don't make a right.

Stop deflecting and own the fact partisanship has twisted you into supporting a child molester.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 12:46:09 AM »

Sue Bell Cobb really would’ve locked up this race at this point. Shame she’s running for a governor and not for this seat.

Or Walt Maddox.

But Jones is a good man and the antithesis of Moore. Jones would probably be one of the best people in the senate if he gets elected.

I’d prefer the Democrat who has actually won statewide before, personally.

Jones having been elected to prior statewide office may have made him a better candidate, but it wouldn't have made him a better Senator. The fact of the matter is, were Cobb elected, she'd be to the right of Manchin. Jones, if elected, would be a mainstream Democrat.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 01:05:56 AM »

That's nice and all, but why do you support a child molester?

You should be like me and put country over party. Jones seems fairly reasonable.

There's also always the option to just not vote for Moore.

If Jones is elected, and it's a big if, he won't be very long. A former #NeverTrump Republican -- I'll ignore the irony of a former #Never -- should understand the importance of putting a check on his Presidency through the legislative branch.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies