IA (Selzer)- Greenfield +3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:21:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  IA (Selzer)- Greenfield +3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA (Selzer)- Greenfield +3  (Read 4182 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 13, 2020, 09:16:17 PM »

We should wait until the OANN/Gravis poll comes out.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 10:53:31 PM »

This election would basically result in a 1980-style Democratic blowout if it were held today, and I don’t think anyone ever denied that a seat like this could/would become competitive in an environment this favorable to Democrats. If you’re inclined to believe that Republicans can close the gap at least slightly before election day (i.e., a result closer to a 1992-type defeat rather than 1980), they can definitely still hold the seat, but literally no one is arguing that this isn’t bad news for Ernst. Also, broken clock and all, but this is a state where polling has underestimated Republican strength in recent elections, including Selzer's final IA-GOV 2018 poll which had Hubbell ahead by 2.

Needless to say, even a narrow Republican hold/close race in IA would point to a Democratic wave election, and the idea that Ernst is far more vulnerable than "stronger incumbents" like Perdue, Daines, or Cornyn is laughable.

We really need an AL-SEN poll, btw. I don’t buy that Jones is DOA, especially in this environment.

Oh c'mon, it's Alabama
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies