Should dry counties be illegal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:49:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should dry counties be illegal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should dry counties be illegal?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Should dry counties be illegal?  (Read 16883 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: June 17, 2008, 03:24:17 PM »

What constitutes dry?  My town is "dry" but you can still bring liquor to a restaurant, and some restaurants even have liquors stores they own next door.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »

As a teetotaler and a resident of a dry county, I say that the entire concept of a "dry county" is completely ridiculous.  If you don't want to buy alcohol, don't buy any (that's what I do).  Don't force others to live like you.
Yet you hate tabacco companies and want incredibly gun control?  Why is tabacco so much worse than alcohol?  Personally I only use the latter, but your statement is absurd
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 01:12:02 PM »

As a teetotaler and a resident of a dry county, I say that the entire concept of a "dry county" is completely ridiculous.  If you don't want to buy alcohol, don't buy any (that's what I do).  Don't force others to live like you.
Yet you hate tobacco companies and want incredibly gun control?  Why is tabacco so much worse than alcohol?  Personally I only use the latter, but your statement is absurd
Because some people (not alcoholics) can have a glass of wine or beer or whatever and move on and be fine.  You can't just casually smoke or shoot people without problems, but you can do so with alcohol.
1.) You do realize that most people owns guns for hunting not randomly going on killing sprees, right?
2.) If you drink and drive, you can definetly kill people, drinking and smoking does not do the same

Do you honestly believe smoking is more dangerous than alcohol?  If you smoke too much your lungs are the only ones effected
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »

Yet you hate tobacco companies and want incredibly gun control?  Why is tabacco so much worse than alcohol?  Personally I only use the latter, but your statement is absurd
Because some people (not alcoholics) can have a glass of wine or beer or whatever and move on and be fine.  You can't just casually smoke or shoot people without problems, but you can do so with alcohol.
1.) You do realize that most people owns guns for hunting not randomly going on killing sprees, right?
2.) If you drink and drive, you can definetly kill people, drinking and smoking does not do the same

Do you honestly believe smoking is more dangerous than alcohol?  If you smoke too much your lungs are the only ones effected

Right...because secondhand smoking is as phony as man-made global warming.
Smokehand smoke is much less dangerous than drunk driving imho.  Either way I think you will agree that it is ridiculous to think one is safe and the other is not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies