Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:22:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146682 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: March 27, 2020, 12:51:16 AM »

I hate Krystal Ball with a passion.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 04:07:53 AM »

I hate Krystal Ball with a passion.
Not just her, the entire online progressive media community are just god awful trash people (with the exception of David Pakman)
Pakman really does seem like the only reasonable one at the moment, but I still maintain that Krystal Ball is particularly malicious.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 05:14:49 AM »

For all those saying "whatabout Kavanaugh"

Another Kavanaugh Accuser Admits Fabricating Rape

There were a whole bunch of Kavanaugh accusers who came out around the same time as Christine Blasey Ford.  You don't remember them, because the media didn't cover them.  Nobody covered them except the fringe left, the 2018 version of Ryan Grim and Krystal Ball, folks who had no credibility left to lose.

They didn't receive any coverage because their claims were not credible and they themselves came off as untrustworthy and had rather obvious financial/political motivations.  Typically, when a random person makes a rape allegation against a major public official, the media investigates it quietly and only prints it if there is an actual story.  A random person claiming to have had some sort of noteworthy interaction with a celebrity or politician, with zero evidence or credibility to back it up, is not newsworthy.

Christine Blasey Ford was unique in that her claim was backed up by substantial evidence and she herself was highly credible.  Imagine the following:
  • Instead of a highly-respected academic, Ford is a crazy cat lady using a fake name who has $500,000 in debt
  • Instead of going through the proper channels, Ford tells her "I was raped by Kavanaugh" story to Jimmy Dore on his Aggressive Progressives YouTube show
  • Ford has a bunch of Medium writings about how Catholicism is a cult, JFK was secretly serving the Pope, and the Jesuits are part of the New World Order.  She deletes them and scrubs her social media after they are discovered.
  • After the story is released, Ford tweets out "Kavanaugh is a rapist and must be stopped!  #F**kTrump #BlueWave2018"
  • A year earlier, Ford had also appeared in the media to say she had asked Kavanaugh out in high school and "I never understood why he didn't ask me to prom"
  • Ford was friends with Kavanaugh on Facebook and had written things like "good luck with your new job!" and "Future supreme court justice, my hero" on his wall over the years
  • Ford made no effort to put together an actual legal team, and instead just pushed her story all over social media
do you think we would have done the same thing?  No.  She would have been dismissed by the media just like all the other Kavanaugh accusers and faded into obscurity.
It’s sad I’ve found myself in such agreement with MacArthur on this issue but this is really hard to to notice in this situation
I don't know why that should be a problem. MacArthur is consistently one of the best posters on this site. You don't have to agree with him on everything to recognize that.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 09:53:44 AM »

Yeah, nothing new, there's no point in reasoning with Biden supporters who are convinced Joe's done nothing wrong despite a record of doing things wrong. Just say you don't care if he assaulted women and be honest, ardent Biden supporters.
LOL,

"Biden supporters" is barely even a thing. Biden has never had a cult following. Infact his main problem in this primary was his very lukewarm support. He won because people wanted someone who they thought could beat Trump and that someone was Biden. You may or may not agree with Biden being the most electable - I personally think that several other candidates would have been better - but this was CLEARLY why he won.

So basically the "Biden supporters" are basically just democrats who wants to beat Trump.

While Biden has a loooong history of being very touchy-feely, there has never been any allegations before this one, of any actual direct sexual advances. Infact, even the Biden accusers specifically stated that they did not think his actions were sexual in nature, including Reade herself.

There's very very good reason to believe that these allegations are completely false. GeneralMacArthur laid it all out earlier in the thread and I'd encourage everybody to read it.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 11:05:42 AM »

That would be a tragedy. There's a lot of very high quality debunking here. MacArthur should honestly publish an article on it that we could just link to in response to trolls.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 03:29:56 AM »

Regardless of whether it is true of not it is 100% fair to say that some Biden supporters will support rapists if that furthers his political agenda.

This is the same personal attack launched @ Ford. She didn't remember the date & so on. Shocking to see the left resort to this. Guess this shows rape & rape allegations are a political tool & no1 really cares about sexual violence other than to get votes.

I have no idea about this Tara Reade thing but Mcaurthur has used analogies throughout this which are basically used by sympathizers of rapists.
Christine Ford = Credible
Tara Reade = Not credible

It's really isn't all that complicated. Claiming that all accusers should be treated as equally credible is mindnumbingly stupid.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 03:49:45 AM »

Let's be honest here. If one of your close friends told you that a prominent US Senator raped you, what are the chances that you would completely forget about it?

I don't see how any good faith actor can find any of this even remotely credible.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 05:17:27 AM »

The best evidence against this for me is that if she really did file a complaint, then surely the Obama 08 vetting team would have found that and you know, not put him on the ticket?
Yes, unless they were doing Sarah Palin style "vetting", which seems highly highly unlikely.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 09:30:51 AM »

Oh dear, this is a terrible terrible video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6KqT1c7DvU
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 09:37:36 AM »

This is misinformation and at least half of it is patently false. Please do not share this video with anyone who might not be well informed on the information of this case (or anyone, for that matter).
Oh, I know. Such intellectual dishonesty. I was pretty much fuming throughout. Guys like this really deserve to have false rape allegations directed at them.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 02:47:59 AM »

Remember when the Biden Bros here were saying that she’s just some salty Bernie supporter trying to tear Biden down? Well she must have been Bernie’s biggest fan ever if she was already accusing Biden of sexual assault in 1993.
She wasn’t.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 06:36:53 AM »

While articles like this are mostly fine, I still find it problematic that they do not bring up Reade's changing stories or numerous credibility issues. Not even her Putin remarks, her tweets, anything. It makes her out to be way more credible than she really is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democrats-react-to-biden-accusations-with-pleas-for-an-explanation--or-silence/2020/04/28/b07ff9da-8967-11ea-ac8a-fe9b8088e101_story.html
Strongly agree. I don't see how any serious journalist could just ignore those MASSIVE credibility problems.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 02:36:23 AM »

This article does a good job with explaining why Reade is not credible.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/29/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation-tara-reade-column/3046962001/

Here are some of the points she makes that are shaping my perspective.

1. Changed story multiple times.
2. Biden's staffers at the time of the alleged incident are firm in their denial that Reade ever made a complaint.
3. The nonexistent formal complaint.
4. Lied about losing her job.
5. Past tweets praising Biden's work fighting sexual assault.
6. Her emphatic support for Sanders.
Thank you Michael Stern. FINALLY a good article on this fiasco. He came through where the NY Times and others utterly failed.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 04:23:43 AM »

Ok I honesty want to ask this of the people who believe and support Tara

IF the evidence against Biden is so strong why did she hesitate when asked to take a polygraph test. every question before that she was saying yes without any excuses when Kelly was asking her about what she would be willing to do but when they got to the Polygraph question

Terra started to hesitate and give excuses
again she did not do this with all the previous questions she was being asked
instead she said that she would only do one if Biden did 1 first

this raises many red flags to me
why would Why anybody pass up an opportunity to prove they have nothing to hide and is telling the truth. especially if The evidence is as Damming as some on her have claimed. Tarra could bring down Biden if she took and passed that test tomorrow yet she is refusing to do it unless he goes first

Her answer on that Bothered me the most and makes me question everything she is telling me

taking a Polygraph was the first thing Ford did before coming forward with her allegations against  kavanagh. It was a move that showed that she really did have nothing to hide and she was willing do whatever it took to get the facts out. she even 100 percent backed A full FBI investigation into her claims.

I’m not a Tara believer, but I completely get not wanting to take a polygraph test. They have false results too often to be proof of anything. They aren’t admissible in court in most states either.
I agree with this, which is also why I don't think Biden should take one.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2020, 05:45:49 AM »

Oh my god, f**k that cartoon.

Nobody is shutting Tara up!  Nobody's gagging Tara!  She's out there in the news media every single day spreading her lies and the media is actively helping her do so!

For heaven's sake, this is NOT a both-sides case.  It isn't "both sides do it, but one does it a lot worse."
 Trump won't even do a DNA test to prove that he didn't sexually assault E. Jean Carroll.  If there was something that simple Biden could do to prove definitively that he didn't sexually assault Reade, he would have done it weeks ago.

This Tara Reade investigation has been exhaustively investigated and she has been proven over and over and over and over and over again to be a fraud.  Yet the media continues to insist that the case "needs more investigation."  Meanwhile Trump has 25 women accusing him of sexual assault, they never get talked about and he never has to answer any questions about them.  Nobody ever seems to think that they warrant even a modicum of investigation.  They never appear in the media.  Nobody ever writes about them.  This despite many of them being far more credible than Reade was when she first appeared.  The Reade case is at like a 95/100 on the investigation scale while E. Jean Carroll is at like 2/100 but the media seems to think that getting from 95 to 96 on Reade is far more important.

Biden was grilled for 20 minutes on Morning Joe about Tara Reade.  She was offered interviews on every cable news outlet and cancelled a scheduled one with Fox News.  The New York Times wrote a dozen different editorials demanding that Biden open his private records, or drop out, or "be more respectful", or any other number of stupid criticisms.  How is any of this her being gagged?
Yup. We've heard more about Tara Reade than about all of Trump's accusers put together.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 02:12:56 AM »

Did she really thought nobody would notice that she lied about her education?

Reade told CNN that she received a bachelor of arts degree from Antioch University in Seattle under the auspices of a "protected program," personally working with the former president of the school to ensure her identity was protected while she obtained credits for her degree. She also said that she was a visiting professor at the school, on and off for five years.

Presented with this, Karen Hamilton, an Antioch University spokesperson, told CNN that "Alexandra McCabe attended but did not graduate from Antioch University. She was never a faculty member. She did provide several hours of administrative work."

An Antioch University official told CNN that such a "protected program" does not exist and never has.
Tara Reade is clearly a compulsive liar.

Honestly, you almost wish that republicans would start investigations on this because having her testify under oath would be something else...Like Trump, she would probably be incapable of not perjuring herself.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 05:00:45 AM »

I'm not gonna lie, I really don't like how some red avatars here are just trashing Reade like she came up with an entire event to trash Biden. Now, I'm not saying I believe her fully, but there was some evidence at least her 2019 claim was true, which makes sense given Biden's history in the past, but her original claim which does have some information and evidence backing it up was not directly with Biden, but with his office alone. The way some here are treating Reade is the same was that Republicans treated Blasey Ford and I really feel like that goes into slippery slope territory and I'm not really a fan of this.

It seems likely she has been manipulated by some people to continue to push a narrative against Biden and I'm not excusing her actions here at all. I'm just saying it feels like she probably has some issues she needs to take care of and is being manipulated to take them out on Biden.

Now, we can pretty much dismiss her 2020 story as being made up just to smear Biden and that is a serious issue, I'll agree to that, once this settles down then hopefully the Biden camp will expose the people behind this.

Edit: switched names
I strongly disagree with this.

Falsely accusing somebody of rape is a disgusting crime.

Tara Reade has with 99,9999% certainty falsely accused Joe Biden of rape.

That's really about it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies