Motion to vacate Speaker Mike Johnson thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:09:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Motion to vacate Speaker Mike Johnson thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Motion to vacate Speaker Mike Johnson thread  (Read 4468 times)
Junior Chimp

« on: April 19, 2024, 12:08:15 PM »

Democrats will obviously save Johnson now that he’s allowed Ukraine aid. If McCarthy wasn’t a moron, he’d have done the same and still be speaker right now.
All of you Atlas Democrats are totally ridiculous & naive if you think D's will save the Speaker. They will take the marching orders from their respective Campaign Cmte's and if those thing House Chaos is beneficial to them they will sack Johnson.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 12:24:06 PM »

Lol you’re so butthurt about aid passing that you make this thread? 😂

I mean, at a certain point we just have to conclude that they like and are rooting for Putin, don't we?
I am not rooting for Putin but there has to be an "End Game". I supported Aid at the beginning of War but this War is IMO "Unwinnable" just like Israels War against Hamas & Hezbollah was unwinnable. Also, keep in mind that there was conflict in the Donbas since 2010 long before the Russia invaded Ukraine in early 2022. If this keeps continueing by the end of Pres Bidens 2nd Term the Biden Admin will have spent as much as George W. Bush spent on the Wars in Afghanistan & Iraq.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 12:25:59 PM »

If Johnson is “saved” by democrats I think a second motion is immediately called and he looses more republicans cause then he’s a Judas or whatever to the far right

He is already a Judas. If Republicans wish to keep the House, he must be removed immediately.

Agreed! No more caving!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 12:28:00 PM »

Democrats have no reason to save him.

They kind of do; he included them in the process at a juncture where McCarthy arrogantly told them to pound sand and then demanded their support anyway. This is how the game is played, and I say this as a Mike Johnson hater.
What's more beneficial to Democrats: Saving Johnson or having House Chaos 6 months before the Election? I think you know the answer to that.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 12:37:46 PM »

A truism in politics, or any kind of situation that involves people with different goals, is that you have to give something in order to get something.  Most people in Congress inherently understood this until the rise of the no-compromise caucus among the Republicans.  Johnson allowed the aid bill to proceed, and I believe that enough Democrats will reward him for it by helping to save his job.
You are too naive. Johnson must go!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 12:05:20 PM »

If I were a Democratic representative, I would vote to save his Speakership, not least because he didn't make the mistake Kevin McCarthy did; and it would encourage more Republicans of a more pragmatic bent than the MTGs of this world to cooperate with Democrats going forward, knowing we've got their backs against members of the Putin Simp Caucus.  I am more interested in governing than I am in making a statement, or one-upping someone. 

I don't know, maybe if Johnson and other prominent Republican leaders would all publicly endorse and fund primary challengers against MTG and the like and agree not to endorse/fund them if they still win the nomination anyway, maybe in that scenario I would agree to save him. Otherwise, he's just reaping what he's sown and will continue to sow.
MTG will never be defeated in a Primary, same with Matt Gaetz. The only one who could be defeated is Lauren Boebert but if she gets out of the CO-4 Primary she has this Seat for life.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2024, 12:58:33 PM »

Vacate Johnson NOW!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2024, 05:23:04 PM »

Russia will never run out of resources because President Xi of China is funding them.

Both Parties in the United States are COWARDS and care more about a corrupt Govtm. far east then their own people!

VACATE THE CHAIR!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2024, 05:58:05 PM »

112 Republicans voted NO on Ukraine Funding.

Speaker Johnson is TOAST, absolutely TOAST here. Even if the 1st Vacate the Chair Motion fails, there will be more after that.

Do the right thing Mike Johnson: RESIGN or you will be humilated like Kevin McCarthy was.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2024, 07:06:45 PM »

112 Republicans voted NO on Ukraine Funding.

Speaker Johnson is TOAST, absolutely TOAST here. Even if the 1st Vacate the Chair Motion fails, there will be more after that.

Do the right thing Mike Johnson: RESIGN or you will be humilated like Kevin McCarthy was.

Calm down. There are worse things in the world than defending a democracy from a murderous dictator.
The Democrats have just won the Election. The Base will not turn out for downballot Republicans.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2024, 03:03:24 PM »

Yeah, this is reasonable for now. Going forward, Democrats' treatment of Johnson should be based on whether or not he does his job and puts must-pass bills to the floor with no delay or dithering. If he can do that, might as well keep him until January.
There will be more than one MTV. Remember that 112 Republicans voted against Ukraine Aid and I don't think House Democrats do have this many votes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies