Why do Atlas Dems keep talking about Kamala Harris as a potential candidate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:39:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why do Atlas Dems keep talking about Kamala Harris as a potential candidate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do Atlas Dems keep talking about Kamala Harris as a potential candidate?  (Read 4807 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: November 19, 2016, 04:54:04 PM »

She seems like a generic, boiler-plate California Democrat.  Is this just like Keith Ellison where she hasn't really done anything, but happens to check a bunch of religious and/or ethnic boxes in the minds of the whacktivist crowd or are there some sort of meaningful accomplishments/qualifications she has that I'm missing?

What is it with this assumption that Keith Ellison has no qualifications?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 07:27:00 PM »

She was AG and had a progresssive record, so she should be able to get both wings of the Democratic party aboard if she chooses a VP from the Sanders wing, like Sherrod Brown. Also, she could remind people of Obama.
Harris is pretty close to the Sanders wing...
That's true, but I think she's not really percieved as a part of that wing. In any case, an establishment-wing VP would be pretty useless because she would be enough to turn out these voters. A Sanders-wing VP would consolidate his voters and appeal to all working class voters (regardless of ethnicity).
Picking someone like Brown sounds like a good way to turn off swing voters like me.

He did win in Ohio in 2012. I realize that he did about as well as Obama, but he still won.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 07:28:01 PM »

One thing that's interesting to note is that Warren has never actually won a primary; she was coronated by the state party.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 06:48:24 PM »

a young black four-year senator from a safe-d state? why do you think?

(not that i think she'd be a good candidate — america isn't ready for a female president — but the reason she gets brought up should be obvious)

Kamala Harris is not really "young." By Inauguration Day 2021, she'll be older than any newly elected Democratic President since James Buchanan.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 07:57:32 PM »

Identity Politics, simple as that.

(Trump would defeat her 52-44 by the way)

And you're a racist, simple as that.

Wulfric is a clairvoyant who knows exactly what the margins in 2020 will be depending on the candidate. He's posting this stuff all over the 2020 board.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies