Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:58:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 31877 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: September 11, 2016, 10:39:51 AM »

When the best defense you have for your candidate is this:

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »

Hypothetical: What happens if she withdraws due to health issues?

Kaine would win in a landslide.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »

Hillary just walked out of Chelsea's apartment waving and smiling to the press.

As for her health, she is reported to take a thyroid medication, and many people with hypothyroid issues have issues with heat exhaustion even when it's only 80 degrees outside

Correct:

"Mrs. Clinton is a healthy female with hypothyroidism and seasonal allergies, on long-term anticoagulation. She participates in a healthy lifestyle and has had a full medical evaluation, which reveals no evidence of additional medical issues or cardiovascular disease. Her cancer screening evaluations are all negative. She is in excellent physical condition and fit to serve as President of the United States."
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 11:32:31 AM »

Dem hacks, do you honestly believe she should stay in the race?

I fainted at my work once. Should I have been told to quit?

Exactly.
Stop Ljube. People have dizzy spells all the time.
The wording in your comment makes you sound like an a**hole.

ProudModerate, we have no idea what this is, but it doesn't look good.

Actually, we do. It's overheating exacerbated by her hypothyroidism.

"Mrs. Clinton is a healthy female with hypothyroidism and seasonal allergies, on long-term anticoagulation. She participates in a healthy lifestyle and has had a full medical evaluation, which reveals no evidence of additional medical issues or cardiovascular disease. Her cancer screening evaluations are all negative. She is in excellent physical condition and fit to serve as President of the United States." -HRC's Doctor

“During the ceremony, she felt overheated so departed to go to her daughter’s apartment, and is feeling much better.” -Campaign statement
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 11:42:33 AM »

Dem hacks, do you honestly believe she should stay in the race?

I would vote for her over Trump even if she was on life support.

Of course, since the backup is Kaine. Hillary made an excellent decision there.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 11:48:28 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2016, 11:52:53 AM by Arch »

Trump's mental state is his main problem. Where are his psychiatric records?
But Trump!

So Trump's health is off limits, but Clinton's not?

Same as his behavior, his statements, his tax returns, everything. Trump is literally exempt from any kind of scrutiny because Hillary.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 12:58:20 PM »

Why can't people accept the most likely reason (hypothyroidism)?

You are probably right. But the Hillary campaign should get that all out there. And why did her meds fail her?

Hello, hypothyroid woman here.

The meds actually are what make you more susceptible to heat, so this is probably on them. It's one of the most common side-effects. They make your internal organs much more happy, but the downside is less tolerance for heat. EDIT: http://www.rxlist.com/armour-thyroid-side-effects-drug-center.htm This actually lists the heat sensitivity as a "severe reaction" rather than common side effect, but uh, all the information I've gotten over the years lists heat sensitivity as a common side effect and the doctors and pharmacists just suggest avoiding long stints in the sun, because heat sensitivity is common with thyroid meds.

As a 30 year old woman who can't stand long periods out in the sun without some relief, I'm really impressed by her stamina. She definitely just needed some rest. As for being fit to be president, as long as she doesn't have to go lead from the front in some war, I think she'll be just as fine as anyone else her age.  So, yeah, she's fine.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 02:12:27 PM »

Dear god this thread: LMAO

You do all realize it's not going to matter at all??? I'm worried about a lot of things, but definitely not this one!

get off the forum, you sack of union bile

It looks like a deplorable fell out of their basket again.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 02:20:06 PM »

They're both nearly or are 70 years old, so one should consider voting for the vice president on this ticket too. Kaine is a million times more preferable to Pence.

This is a very good way to look at it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 03:27:16 PM »

So after playing at armchair medics we are playing armchair secret service too.

Outside of Atlas, I am not seeing any hysteria anywhere (not surprising), so I'm expecting this to fizzle out with the general public.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 03:33:45 PM »

So after playing at armchair medics we are playing armchair secret service too.

Outside of Atlas, I am not seeing any hysteria anywhere (not surprising), so I'm expecting this to fizzle out with the general public.
Top story on Fox
Top story on CNN
No. 2 story on MSNBC
Top story on CBS News
Top story on ABC News
Top story in the Washington Post
Top story on NYT's election page
Top story in the Boston Globe
Top story on the NY Post
Top story on NY Daily News

But, yeah, outside of Atlas, no one knows anything about it.

Not what I said at all. Great comprehension skills there.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 03:57:27 PM »

Hypothetical: What happens if she withdraws due to health issues?

Check my link above. The Dem Committee picks another candidate. In fact that can happen any time before the electoral college meets, even after the election.

Michelle Obama!
DWS, Florida is a key state.

Stop. lol
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 04:01:56 PM »

In case you were in any doubt about Seriously's (and Ljube's) actual motives in this thread:

It's a whisper campaign about her health. Kind of nasty, but I am not complaining. Make people think that she's unfit to be President.

What a pair of embarrassing deplorables.

Agree.
And of course, Seriously will continue to post bulls**t about her health.
Same with Ljube.
Bullsh**t like her having a "medical episode" right on camera. Gotcha.

I'll gladly accept the moniker of being a "Deplorable," if it means that I am against the most corrupt political family getting back in power.

Deplorable Seriously? -- a former member of the "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" (that exposed Bill Clinton for the scumbag liar that he is).

It must be tiring to be carrying around anger like that so casually.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 04:22:52 PM »

If this is the case, I wish her a sound recovery. Thankfully, she has time to recover before the debates.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 04:50:58 PM »

First debate was supposed to be what, Sept 26?

Yeah, I think so. She has a bit over two weeks to recover, and I think she will.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 04:53:59 PM »

This will actually benefit her because she went out and honored the 9/11 victims while having pneumonia

FF move
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 06:15:02 PM »

Is there another source to back this up?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 06:22:27 PM »

I'm panicking. Somebody please convince me that we aren't going to elect Trump because of this crap

A lot of HRC's support is anti-Trump. Trump is bringing himself down more than HRC is propping herself up.

People's opinions won't change because HRC got sick. If anything, it could create some sympathy for her because she's still campaigning hard while debilitated with such an unfortunate disease.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »

Could the title of this be changed to "Democrats to Allegedly Consider Replacing Clinton as Nominee"?

This is the most honest thing to do at the moment given a lot of people are just trying to take advantage of the noise.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 06:30:06 PM »

What if instead of this hurting her, like many are speculating while in a panic, this could help her? A candidate who has given it her all most of her life, who caught pneumonia 2 weeks before the debate yet kept campaigning and attended the 9/11 memorial, and came back from the sickness.

It would be quite an impressive feat along with that 11-hour testimony. It would certainly appeal to America's cultural work-ethic roots, and everyone loves a story of challenge, perseverance, and recovery even in the worst of adversities.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 06:33:08 PM »

When I predicted that Trump would wear Hillary down by using her vulnerability (intense fear of losing-once to some nobody with a name that sound like Osama and now to this guy) and her well known history of health problems to exhaust her, I didn't have this in mind. Imagine how he'll drive Putin mad. It's like he's the embodiment of the 48 Laws of Power.

You're seriously attributing this to Trump? lol. He'll drive Putin mad with happiness by handing America over to him.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 06:38:56 PM »

When I predicted that Trump would wear Hillary down by using her vulnerability (intense fear of losing-once to some nobody with a name that sound like Osama and now to this guy) and her well known history of health problems to exhaust her, I didn't have this in mind. Imagine how he'll drive Putin mad. It's like he's the embodiment of the 48 Laws of Power.

You're seriously attributing this to Trump? lol. He'll drive Putin mad with happiness by handing America over to him.
I'm pretty sure that was the Democrat talking point on one of the pro-Clinton News Networks.

Abandoning NATO allies: Check [Proposed by Trump multiple times]
Recognizing Crimea: Check [On Interview]
Airing on Russian Networks: Check [Just recently]
Constant Praise of Putin: Check [All over the place]
Weakening Worldwide American Influence: Check [NATO, Geneva Conventions, etc.]
Proposing Violating American Citizens' Rights: Check [Guantanamo]
Endorsed by Putin and Kim Jong-Un: Check

Yeah, okay. It's just a talking point.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 06:52:23 PM »

You know what I'd really like to know...

Did Hillary or her doctor inform the Secret Service of the diagnosis as soon as they knew it Friday?

I'd like to see Trump's tax returns too, but it sucks to be us.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 06:54:43 PM »

So, either Hillary stays home and recovers from her illness and gets slandered for disregarding the 9/11 victims, or she puts up and goes to the memorial and is criticized for... being sick.

God.  This is why I don't watch the news.

You got it.

Or she could've just chosen not to be sick. Clearly, there's something sketchy here because she chose to become sick. She's hiding something! /s
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 08:41:22 PM »

So, either Hillary stays home and recovers from her illness and gets slandered for disregarding the 9/11 victims, or she puts up and goes to the memorial and is criticized for... being sick.

God.  This is why I don't watch the news.

Or she could have done what most other candidates do when they're feeling very ill - listen to doctor's advice, stay home and tell the press up front that she is under the weather.  Not after she stumbles at a high profile event - but on Friday, when the diagnosis came.  Cruz stayed off the campaign trail for a day or two during the primaries because he was ill, and nothing came of it because his campaign was honest about it.

The problem for the Clintons is that they seem to always have to hide the truth from people, making the public perceive them as liars when the truth comes out.  This is just another example of it.  It makes people think Hillary Clinton is hiding more about her health than she is letting on.

If she did that then that would have added more fuel to the health scandal conspiracy.

"Oh see! She's dying; that's why she had to stay home even though the 9/11 memorial was taking place. Or maybe she doesn't really care about the victims!"

There's no way out.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies