🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:32:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)  (Read 220341 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: September 26, 2021, 07:26:34 PM »

Is FDP joining a coalition with SPD something they're open to or what happens if they refuse?

They're open to it & will enter into negotiations. If they refuse, then probably Jamaica &/or GroKo negotiations.

Germany is in this weird situation where the victorious party lacks options and can't force their allies hands, and their potential allies are not all set on supporting the SPD. R2G is in the dumpster, and GroKo v2 has been refused by the Union. The partners, FDP and the Greens, have more leverage since they could walk away from the SPD and prop up the union, despite how it would bend a bunch of German political traditions.
There's little appetite among Green voters to work with Union, though. I don't see how Laschet has a path forward with them.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 09:14:48 PM »

Again, I don't see why the Greens would opt to coalition with Laschet. It might give Baerbock and co. a little more leverage in negotiations, but it would be insanely unpopular with the rank and file. I also don't think Scholz would give in to their terms over such a weak threat.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 10:44:45 PM »

maybe a different color scheme for AfD? I know which is which but outside observers might wonder why the AfD is winning in Berlin.
We could always use their historical color scheme...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies