Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:02:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)  (Read 5902 times)
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« on: September 25, 2021, 09:34:25 PM »

Speech at Liberty University

Liberty University1
Lynchburg, Virginia
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on scottforatlasia website

Good evening, Liberty University! I must say I am honored to have been given this opportunity to speak to you all tonight.

And I must say that the warm welcome I received from so many of the students here has been nothing short of congenial. While we differ on some hot button issues, communication is essential to uniting this country once again. And while I suspect that most of the students here will ultimately prefer Senator Spark, I came here to offer a fresh alternative as we decide which direction our country, and the game, are going to go.

I have made faith a key part of my campaign. Battista and I are forging, what I like to call, the Religious Rainbow coalition. Jesus never excluded people, and neither do we. As brothers and sisters in Christ, we are called upon to reject our material needs and rely solely on the Lord. I learned this lesson when I lost my father, and I certainly learned it when I was taking care of my sick mother. It is that mission, that universal obligation, to care for the sick and the vulnerable. On this mission, I believe we are united.

Battista and I are dedicated to changing Nyman from the bottom-up. Moral leadership, regardless of where you stand, is something we all aspire for. It is something we demand of ourselves and our leaders. And where we may be divided, those differences pale in our unity. In our faith. In our values.

Those values include uplifting the poor. Those values include helping the vulnerable. The sick, the destitute, those fighting addiction, the soldier who fights to protect our freedom, only to come home and battle PTSD and homelessness.

We owe it to those people, as stewards of the Lord, to help all people regardless of their background or their struggles. I've said it before, and I will say it again: we are the hands and feet of God.

And our New Great Society fulfills just that.

Now these differences must be acknowledged. I support the right for same-sex couples to marry and have children. I believe that a woman ought to control her own body.

Those are my views, and I very much stand by them. I never change my views to pander for political expediency. But I also believe that instead of shouting at each other, we must come together and acknowledge our differences. We need that dialogue. We must be willing to leave our comfort zones and make good-faith attempts to build consensus.

And there are many issues, I suspect, we are in agreement on. Issues that directly affect the well-being of all our citizens - regardless of religion or lack thereof.

I am no saint. I have made many missteps in my life, both in the game and in real life. Like all of you, I try to better understand morality and live by my faith. And like you, where I stumble, I take lessons from those mistakes and use them to grow as a better human being.

So as I conclude this speech, I implore all of us to stand with the poor, and the hardworking men and women of this great country. To uphold moral leadership. To take on the "owning class" that forces people to live on food stamps and work long hours for little pay, while the millionaires and billionaires continue to grow their wealth - money that they don't even know what to do with. I assure you, Battista and I share that same moral compass. We will govern by common principles.

And like you, we will fight for a more just society.

Thank you all very much. Dave bless all of you. Dave bless this university, this great state, this great region, this great nation.

1. https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2021/08/27/we-couldve-avoided-this-liberty-university-students-frustrated-over-campus-wide-quarantine/

Interesting that Labor and Peace call themselves moral but yet support the barbaric practice of abortion. That makes sense.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 10:15:01 AM »

I haven't read most of these campaign posts but endorsed. I don't think I will regret it. Smiley

Rescinding endorsement; it's nothing personal but I don't agree with the honorable Senator's support for a lawsuit against RG Peebs. I considered voting for Peebs w/ no 2nd pref. but that lawsuit has now been dismissed so I will likely abstain.

You should join me in fighting for change we need.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 07:11:49 AM »

Congrats Mr. President-elect
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: