Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:27:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 25181 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: May 23, 2019, 07:06:24 PM »

A right to work union? Do you support crossing the picket, too?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 12:47:40 AM »

A right to work union? Do you support crossing the picket, too?

While we encourage everyone to participate in picketing during strikes, we do not have issues with picket crossers either, an we support their right to work and feed their families as well.
I'm not sure I understand. How do you plan on getting better wages and benefits for workers if management refuses to increase them?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 11:20:09 PM »

Mr. Bagel,

I believe that you should support giving regions the ability to institute Right-to-Work, as in many cases, unions force people to join them, and charge high fees. Also some large unions, like the AFL-CIO are corrupt. Mr. Bagel, I hope you will reevaluate this position

Councilor SNJC
Do you know why right-to-work laws undermine unions?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 11:55:27 AM »

The funny thing is, as a lawyer, Im required by law to pay extortion money each year to the bar union in order to keep my job ... even though I live in a non-asshole (RTW) state. I wonder if Bagel pays money to a union each month or if Im the only one. Its amazing how the most antiworker/prounion posters tend to not actually have jobs or be union members in real life.
Are you saying the bar association is a union?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 12:26:14 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2019, 12:36:32 PM by Devout Centrist »

The funny thing is, as a lawyer, Im required by law to pay extortion money each year to the bar union in order to keep my job ... even though I live in a non-asshole (RTW) state. I wonder if Bagel pays money to a union each month or if Im the only one. Its amazing how the most antiworker/prounion posters tend to not actually have jobs or be union members in real life.
Are you saying the bar association is a union?

Im saying its a special interest group that any and all workers in a profession are required by law to pay money to out of some bs free-rider argument about how they do things that purportedly benefit me even though I dont actually see any tangible benefits ... sounds like a labor union to me. The only difference is that the evil exclusive bargaining agreement is set by State law instead of federal.
Unified bar associations are a government mandated monopoly. Not every state has mandatory bar membership and correct me if I’m wrong, the bar association doesn’t negotiation minimum hourly fees for lawyers who are members.

Bar associations were set up in order to ensure that lawyers in a given state are qualified to practice law. Personally I’m not a fan of mandatory bar associations, but I believe that’s the justification given in favor of a mandatory state bar.

While closed shops do exists, you can still practice your profession without being a member of a union. The same cannot be said if you’re a lawyer and you’re not a member of a mandatory state bar. Honestly, I think a mandatory bar association is more like occupational licensing than a labor union.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 02:29:41 PM »

Also come to think about it I wonder if we should censor Deadprez or not, kinda like fhtagn back on the day. Maybe not for now but in the future?

Not like it actually does anything.
Quite a brutal appraisal of your time in the House, but I appreciate the honesty
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 10:40:28 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2019, 10:52:58 PM by Devout Centrist »

You said this only two months ago.
See, political debate works! A new stalwart defender of the working class emerges.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies