GA (Trafalgar) - Ossoff +1, Loeffler +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:09:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  GA (Trafalgar) - Ossoff +1, Loeffler +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA (Trafalgar) - Ossoff +1, Loeffler +1  (Read 2657 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« on: January 05, 2021, 10:44:38 AM »

Don't care (shrug)

Although LeBron is right about how a split decision could break
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 11:38:37 AM »

They're just putting this out so they can put out a Perdue+6, Loeffler+8 poll the day before Runoff Day and claim they have momentum.

Oh look, 14 people make fools of themselves. You notice how you only get hostile 'Trashfalgar' posts when it's them and not when it's any other pollster who is finding almost the same exact results? Maybe they're not a fake and fraudulent Republican hack polling firm, and maybe people have an irrational hatred of them just because they're R affiliated.

Oh look, ElectionsGuy is posting another silly generalization to justify his bad predictions and dunk on the libs. Clap clap clap clap.

And yes, Trafalgar does have a long history of very bad polls. Partisan pollsters are almost always terrible, and Trafalgar is just another one of them.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 12:22:40 PM »

They're just putting this out so they can put out a Perdue+6, Loeffler+8 poll the day before Runoff Day and claim they have momentum.

Oh look, 14 people make fools of themselves. You notice how you only get hostile 'Trashfalgar' posts when it's them and not when it's any other pollster who is finding almost the same exact results? Maybe they're not a fake and fraudulent Republican hack polling firm, and maybe people have an irrational hatred of them just because they're R affiliated.

Oh look, ElectionsGuy is posting another silly generalization to justify his bad predictions and dunk on the libs. Clap clap clap clap.

And yes, Trafalgar does have a long history of very bad polls. Partisan pollsters are almost always terrible, and Trafalgar is just another one of them.

Maybe take a look at my predictions before calling them bad? If I had bad predictions, I don't even know what you'd call most others. Or once again, you're disingenuously defining a prediction as 'bad' if it calls the winner wrong and just disregards margins for the sake of attacking me. I have discussed this before, but you continue to do this.

As far as Trafalgar is concerned, they have some very bad polls of Georgia in the past, so it should be taken lightly. But the fact that they're not significantly more Republican than the average of polls here - when they were way outside the average (and more accurate in most cases) than other polls in November - should actually be quite notable, and a partisan Republican pollster doesn't exactly have an incentive to publish a poll with Democrats leading at all. My broader point is that only Trafalgar gets this kind of treatment, is any of the mainstream media polls going to get the same kind of treatment from now on, despite being less accurate? Or is Nate Silver's pollster scorecard more important in how we treat certain pollsters?
I did look at them that's why I called them bad. Bad compared to others? Perhaps not, but it was very apparent to me and many others that Trump wasn't going to win.

Since when do I give a pass to other bad pollsters? As far as I'm concerned I'm never lending any credence at all to a PPP or Quinnipiac poll ever again. Or many others for that matter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies