French presidential election, 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:28:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French presidential election, 2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French presidential election, 2022  (Read 126958 times)
rob in cal
« on: October 09, 2021, 11:02:09 AM »

In the coming campaign those on the right will no doubt be attacking Macron's record on immigration (letting in too many, France's future as a majority ethnic French nation in jeopardy etc etc). So how does his record look? Has he tried to be restrictionist at all?
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 12:09:45 PM »

How much of the support to right wing candidates is due to the white French electorate realizing that with every passing year they are getting closer and closer to becoming a minority and its already visible in big chunks of urban areas?  So some of this electorate is rallying to parties which in essence are trying to claim to be the white French party, a ridiculous concept if 99% of the population is white, but if whites feel embattled and facing future minority status, such a reaction is predictable perhaps.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the estimates of about one third of all births in France to either two or one non-white parents? Numbers like these are what could be pushing much of the French electorate into a "I'm going to replaced demographically so why not go down in flames fighting all the way" mindset.
rob in cal
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 02:49:11 PM »

Is it fair to say that Le Pen is trying to run to the left of Macron on economic issues, (and of course to the right of him on national/demographic issues)?
rob in cal
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 05:00:57 PM »

As President, wouldn't Le Pen have the power to have referenda held on various issues, regardless of what an unfriendly national assembly would like?
rob in cal
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 01:58:55 PM »

Questions about Le Pens referendum proposal. Is it just one question, and how exactly would it restrict immigration?  Have there been polls on how people would vote on it if it actually happens? Have there been polls on whether it is a good idea to have such a referendum in the first place?

One reason I was hoping Fillon would have won in 2017 is that he was promising a series of such referenda on immigration related issues, and they might have been held without the additional political emotional drama brought on by a Le Pen presidency, which would be the case now.  I find it healthy when the electorate can vote directly on issues of national/internationalism direction of the country that they are citizens of.
rob in cal
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 01:30:52 PM »

Do we have the class/income support levels for the first round vote? I'd be intrested in seeing it in the three political camps of right center and left.
rob in cal
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2022, 12:38:33 PM »

What percentage would Le Pen have to hit to have won France outside of Paris and its regional area (is that the IDF?).  And will Le Pen have a shot to win the white French vote?
rob in cal
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2022, 01:30:21 PM »

We must all bow down in admiration of the FBM.
rob in cal
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2022, 02:52:54 PM »

I think a Melenchon vs Macron runoff might have been more intresting in terms of unpredictability and drama. Macron wins anyway of course.

BTW, is there anyone on this board who actually supported Macron in the first round?
rob in cal
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 07:27:02 PM »

Those divisions by class and income while not surprising are still amazing to me. Its not the 1970's or 80's anymore.  Any info on the vote breakdown of people professing support for the Yellow Vests?
rob in cal
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 10:47:39 AM »

What would be considered the most far right, or fascist, or extremist or otherwise horrible policy proposals that MLP proposed in her current campaign or that her party has in its platform? 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies