Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:20:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 570720 times)
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« on: June 04, 2022, 01:19:50 AM »
« edited: June 04, 2022, 01:27:47 AM by The One Who Knocks »

Abortion: should be fully legal with means-tested subsidy
Birth Control: should be fully legal with universal availability
Same-Sex Marriage: should be fully legal
Legalization of Drugs: legalize marijuana; decriminalize everything else; research psychedelics, ibogaine, and ketamine for medical usages
Gun Control: current laws plus assault weapons ban, general age raise to 21, close of gun show loophole, and introduction of a voluntary buyback program
Prostitution: federally decriminalize independent prostitution; prosecute pimping more aggressively; allow local jurisdictions to legalize and regulate, nevada style
Affirmative Action: i support holistic assessments over checkbox ones and i think that generally affirmative action policies encourage decisionmakers to be more holistic than they would be otherwise and that affirmative action serves a crude but necessary function in addressing certain social ills
Reparations: yes in one form or another
Police Reform: we should make policing a professional career requiring a basic legal education and implement a strong moral code of conduct resembling the military's; we should also pay police significantly more in salary and benefits as a result of these higher qualification requirements, end qualified immunity, ban police unionization, transfer militarized police equipment to appropriate national and state guards, legally embolden civilian review boards and mandate their creation where they do not currently exist, and create new unarmed non-emergency response teams to serve in addition to police where a police response would not be appropriate. we should also peg military and police pay and benefits to teacher pay and benefits.
Private Prisons: ban
Big Tech: i think we should enforce the antitrust laws that our forefathers wisely gave us and break them up
Free Speech: almost everyone who isn't trying to be edgy says they support free speech in the abstract, so i think this is kind of a meaningless question
Patriot Act: i don't categorically oppose it but it went too far
Eminent Domain: i support eminent domain but it is currently overused and we do not compensate property owners who don't have poitical sway highly enough
Immigration: if the democratic party were openly importing millions of refugees from africa, central america, and the middle east as some conspiracy theorists claim, that would increase my opinion of the democratic party
Mask Mandates: generally opposed
Vaccine Mandates: generally in favor; religious exemptions should not be allowed, medical exemptions are perfectly fine
Covid Vaccines: if your opinion of the covid vaccine is negative i don't want to know you

Free Trade: depends on how you define it; critical support just because the main alternative (the prior system of unilateral trade agreements with higher tariffs) is worse
Taxes: pro land value tax, delink property taxation from public school funding, close income tax/capital gains tax gap, slightly raise corporate tax rate while eliminating deductions. dramatically expand the child tax credit as proposed in the american family act
Healthcare: drastically expand medicaid coverage, and introduce a universal medicare buy-in through an employer-matched W2 income tax. include dental, hearing, vision, reproductive, and mental healthcare in medicaid and medicare
Social Security: lockbox. enough said.
National Debt: should be an important consideration in times of prosperity so that it can be an afterthought in times of distress
Unions: we should pass a constitutional amendment banning so-called "right to work" legislation and dramatically expand the powers of the national labor relations board
Disability: should be better funded as curreny administered through social security
Tariffs: generally unwise, sometimes beneficial in the short term
Outsourcing: inevitable, should be taxed
Monopolies: there should be criminal prosecution options on the table for the worst monopolies

Foreign Aid: should dramatically expand for nations without human rights violations if we want to remain the leader of the free world, and i think that we should
UN Funding: we should expand the powers of the UN and be more involved in its activities
WHO: we should stay in the WHO even if they sometimes make silly decisions
Paris Deal: good but not sufficient
Afghanistan: joe biden had the courage to do the right thing when no one else was willing to and there was a lot of collateral damage because it had been so long and until the current administration our government had proved itself so shamefully cowardly in dealing with the public about the war. it will forever be a blemish on our legacy as a republic
Iraq: we should never have gone into iraq and i believed this at the time
Iran: we should have continued negotiating the iran nuclear deal and should avoid war with iran at almost all costs
Cuba: normalize relations entirely
China: an ancient and very complex society few understand and many claim to understand, we should see china as a competitor and not an adversary; we should support taiwan and counter china's military and economic influence where we can, including fighting chinese economic imperialism in africa
Russia: a primary adversary, they are a net negative political, economic, and military influence on the world currently; historically an unfairly humiliated nation of hardy, determined people
Section 230: strong support

CRT: i support critical race theory being taught at the level it is currently being largely taught at (university and law school) and think it offers a number of important insights we could benefit from absorbing as a society
Evolution: a fact
School prayer: student prayer is perfectly fine, and if staff want to lead extracurricular religious clubs that is fine, but school or teacher led prayer in class should not be allowed
Sallie Mae: regulate
Free college: make four years of tuition but not room and board free at community colleges and non-flagship campus state universities, stop charging interests on student loans, and forgive $10k of student debt for all current federal borrowers
Free School Meals: yes, this should not be a debate

Climate Change: more than any other political "issue," a literacy test, plain and simple; if you believe climate change is not real and/or that we should not take federal action to combat its effects, you should not be listened to about any other topic
Green New Deal: critical support
Carbon Tax: support
Keystone Pipeline: oppose

2020 Election Lies: they give me strong enough permission to totally ignore people who propogate them for the sake of my own mental health, but this may not be a good thing in the long run
Voter ID: pass universal automatic voter registration and give people special voter ID cards for this purpose, then require those cards to vote
Audits: if requested, sure
Term limits: status quo plus a single judicial term limit of 14 years, strongly oppose legislative term limits
DC: full statehood
Puerto Rico: full statehood
SCOTUS: expand to 13 and allow the current justices to unanimously select the four new justices to be appointed, and if they can not come to a conclusion, allow biden to appoint them unilaterally; the earlier mentioned 14 year term limit should not be imposed on current justices or the four selected unanimously by them (or appointed by biden in the event of an impasse), instead starting with their succesors
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies