ReallySuper a Kenekoa o Pākīpika
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:18:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ReallySuper a Kenekoa o Pākīpika
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ReallySuper a Kenekoa o Pākīpika  (Read 624 times)
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2022, 11:56:52 PM »

Honolulu, Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi

5 Kēkēmapa 2022

Today, I am announcing that I will be running for the open Subregional Senate seat in what the imperialist government, according to their arbitrary line-drawing, calls the "Pacific" Subregion of the Atlasian Empire. As a proud member o ka Hui Liliʻuokalani, I will focus my campaign on the full and immediate restoration of the recognition of the independence of the Hawaiian nation-state and the unending, never-surrendered sovereignty kō Hawaiʻi Pae ʻĀina. My platform is one of national liberation for nā Kānaka Maoli and the ending of all forms of oppression: imperialism, capitalism, racism, sexism, classism, queerphobia, cultural oppression, religious oppression and all other forms of exploitation. We must replace hatred and bigotry with universal aloha.

The fact that I am the only declared candidate for this race is a damning condemnation of the failure of the Atlasian political system to work for the people of not only Hawaiʻi but even its own jurisdiction. One hundred and thirty years ago, our ʻāina was invaded by Americans who overthrew the legitimate and sovereign government led by Mōʻīwahine Liliʻuokalani. Today, their Atlasian descendants still maintain a political and economic stranglehold over our Islands and our people. Hawaiʻi deserves better than the dysfunctional imperialist cabal in Nyman who have never worked for us--nor, in truth, anyone other than themselves. We deserve a government which is actually of, by and for the Hawaiian people.

With your support, that is what I will fight for in this election and beyond. Mahalo nui a kākou.

UA MAU KE EA O KA ʻĀINA I KA PONO: E ʻONIPAʻA KĀKOU!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 01:47:47 AM »

endorsed hope you win
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 09:59:14 PM »

The exclusion of my name from the official ballot by the Atlasian-Frémontian imperialist state is perhaps not unexpected but nevertheless an unforgivable assault on the democratic rights of the people of Hawaiʻi and all ka Pākīpika. It amounts to a silencing of the political opposition to the imperialist regime in Denver and Nyman, in the tradition of the fascist FM Harry S Truman's declaration of martial law in response to the forming of Hui Liliʻuokalani in ʻApelila.

This latest slap in the face to nā Kānaka Maoli kō Pae Hawaiʻi ʻĀina only underscores what Hui Liliʻuokalani, and by extension the long line of poʻe aloha ʻāina who have come before us, have been saying all along: the imperialists in Nyman and Denver do not and cannot represent our best interests; indeed, they are actively fighting against us and the realization of our political and human rights to self-determination, sovereignty and democracy. But, like our Mōʻīwahine Liliʻuokalani and the many kūpuna who have given their lives for the national liberation of Hawaiʻi, we will remain ʻonipaʻa always. The fight continues whether we are included on the imperialist ballot or not.

UA MAU KE EA O KA ʻĀINA I KA PONO:
E ʻONIPAʻA KĀKOU!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 11:25:56 PM »

英語で話して下さい
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 11:32:46 PM »

英語話せできる。
ハワイ語話せできるません。
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 11:37:16 PM »

もしハワイ人が英語を話していたら、彼らは今でも大切な女王を持っているだろう
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2022, 04:19:15 AM »
« Edited: December 10, 2022, 04:22:52 AM by Laki »

あなたは日本語を話せますか

もしハワイ人が英語を話していたら、彼らは今でも大切な女王を持っているだろう

トゥルシー・ギャバードのことですか
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2022, 04:36:57 AM »

「あなたは日本語を話せますか?」これはミームでしょ。
それでは、自分の日本語勉強楽しいぞ。シンプル日本語話せます。
がんばってね。。。
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2022, 06:59:24 PM »

FTR your votes are usually invalid because they're not in English and the declaration you posted in the thread wasn't in English, so I dismissed it.

It's not fair to expect elections administrators to decipher your ballots or declarations.
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2022, 01:43:37 AM »

Quote from: Official Ballot
4. You are permitted to write your ballot in a language other than English, provided you use only Latin characters (A, B, C, ...) and Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, ...) to spell out the names of candidates for office and list all candidates or options that appear on this official sample ballot.

AN ACT
to ensure the linguistic freedoms of Frémont and her citizens

Section 1 (Title and Definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Regional Linguistic Freedom Act."
ii. A “jurisdiction” refers to any state, city, or municipality within the region of Frémont.

Section 2 (Ballot Language Rights)
i. The person responsible for publishing the official ballot must create a ballot written in English, although they are permitted to publish additional ballots for public use in other languages.
ii. If a voter’s ballot is written in a language other than English, the person responsible for counting the votes in the election must count their vote to be just as valid as if the ballot was written in English.
iii. If the section of the ballot in question calls for the voter to vote from a pool of one or more candidates, the names of each candidate must be written out using Latin characters, Arabic numerals, and/or any other characters present within the candidates’ names.
iv. To make tallying the votes easier for the vote counter, if a question on a non-English ballot is a yes or no question, the “yes” option must be placed first, the “no” option placed second, and the “abstain” option placed third.
v. Unless the voter mentions what their response translates to in English, they are not permitted to omit any of the three options listed above in subsection (iv).

Section 3 (Access to Government Services)
i. The Government of Frémont is committed to ensuring that
   a. All citizens of Frémont, without regard to their first language learned, have equal opportunities to obtain basic needs and services provided by their government;
    b. Those who don’t speak English have the same health access, education rights, and access to utilities as English-speakers; and
    c. Obtaining these basic needs and services shall be as painless and straightforward to those who cannot speak English as it can possibly be.

ii. In carrying out the commitment of the Government of Frémont under subsection (i), the region’s government shall mandate that every jurisdiction within the region provide its services in languages whose speakers consist of more than 1% of the population.
   a. These “services” are including, but not limited to, all services regarding healthcare, education, law enforcement, and utilities.
    b. If a jurisdiction’s population is less than 20,000 as of the latest census, it is exempt from subsection (ii).
    c. The number of people who speak each language can be determined either by an official census done by the jurisdiction, or by judging of a sample size consisting of at least 10% of the jurisdiction’s population.
    d. Acknowledging that a wide amount of Frémont is reliant on its usage, all of the services listed in subsection (ii) must be provided in English alongside the other languages.

Quote from: 11th Amendment to the Constitution of Frémont
AN AMENDMENT
to avoid chauvinism and to recognize linguistic diversity within our region

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this amendment shall be, the "Frémont Official Language Amendment."

Section 2 (Amendment)
i. On a regional level, the Commonwealth of Frémont shall not recognize any language as official.
ii. On a statewide level, the individual states of the region are permitted to recognize their own official languages.

I ka ʻōlelo nō ke ola, i ka ʻōlelo nō ka make.
Attorney General & Senator Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2022, 10:50:58 PM »

Quote from: Official Ballot
4. You are permitted to write your ballot in a language other than English, provided you use only Latin characters (A, B, C, ...) and Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, ...) to spell out the names of candidates for office and list all candidates or options that appear on this official sample ballot.

AN ACT
to ensure the linguistic freedoms of Frémont and her citizens

Section 1 (Title and Definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Regional Linguistic Freedom Act."
ii. A “jurisdiction” refers to any state, city, or municipality within the region of Frémont.

Section 2 (Ballot Language Rights)
i. The person responsible for publishing the official ballot must create a ballot written in English, although they are permitted to publish additional ballots for public use in other languages.
ii. If a voter’s ballot is written in a language other than English, the person responsible for counting the votes in the election must count their vote to be just as valid as if the ballot was written in English.
iii. If the section of the ballot in question calls for the voter to vote from a pool of one or more candidates, the names of each candidate must be written out using Latin characters, Arabic numerals, and/or any other characters present within the candidates’ names.
iv. To make tallying the votes easier for the vote counter, if a question on a non-English ballot is a yes or no question, the “yes” option must be placed first, the “no” option placed second, and the “abstain” option placed third.
v. Unless the voter mentions what their response translates to in English, they are not permitted to omit any of the three options listed above in subsection (iv).

Section 3 (Access to Government Services)
i. The Government of Frémont is committed to ensuring that
   a. All citizens of Frémont, without regard to their first language learned, have equal opportunities to obtain basic needs and services provided by their government;
    b. Those who don’t speak English have the same health access, education rights, and access to utilities as English-speakers; and
    c. Obtaining these basic needs and services shall be as painless and straightforward to those who cannot speak English as it can possibly be.

ii. In carrying out the commitment of the Government of Frémont under subsection (i), the region’s government shall mandate that every jurisdiction within the region provide its services in languages whose speakers consist of more than 1% of the population.
   a. These “services” are including, but not limited to, all services regarding healthcare, education, law enforcement, and utilities.
    b. If a jurisdiction’s population is less than 20,000 as of the latest census, it is exempt from subsection (ii).
    c. The number of people who speak each language can be determined either by an official census done by the jurisdiction, or by judging of a sample size consisting of at least 10% of the jurisdiction’s population.
    d. Acknowledging that a wide amount of Frémont is reliant on its usage, all of the services listed in subsection (ii) must be provided in English alongside the other languages.

Quote from: 11th Amendment to the Constitution of Frémont
AN AMENDMENT
to avoid chauvinism and to recognize linguistic diversity within our region

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this amendment shall be, the "Frémont Official Language Amendment."

Section 2 (Amendment)
i. On a regional level, the Commonwealth of Frémont shall not recognize any language as official.
ii. On a statewide level, the individual states of the region are permitted to recognize their own official languages.

I ka ʻōlelo nō ke ola, i ka ʻōlelo nō ka make.

At-Large wise, a Fremont provision is irrelevant.
As for the Fremont Elections, read this of the very thing you posted:

Your Fremont ballot - and your declaration - contains numerous characters that are neither latin nor arabic.
That being said, the section of your Fremont ballot that votes for you is intelligible enough where it should be counted as valid. However, it does not affect the results of that election.
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2022, 01:34:39 PM »

At-Large wise, a Fremont provision is irrelevant.
As for the Fremont Elections, read this of the very thing you posted:

Your Fremont ballot - and your declaration - contains numerous characters that are neither latin nor arabic.
That being said, the section of your Fremont ballot that votes for you is intelligible enough where it should be counted as valid. However, it does not affect the results of that election.

My ballots contain non-Latin and non-Arabic characters for the parties/states/ballot instructions, but that doesn't matter. The only prohibition is using those characters in the names of each candidate, which I did not do and have never done.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies